It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS ever been subpoenaed to disclose any member information?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Twenty38

Wish I could give you a star on your post.

Dido.

Maybe the disabling of the "Star" feature is an answer in itself?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Wow, that gave me an hour of weird google/thread stalking...
Strange guy.

Couldn't make much out of his threads.
The logic is all jumbled.
Scary that he was a member!

*eyeballs everyone and slowly backs away*

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: BASSPLYR

His humor is as dry as gin. I didn't laugh, crack a smile or even think funny. I hope he doesn't try earning a living as a comedian. We will have to support him with welfare and food stamps, or are we already doing that? Ha!

Hmm. It seems likely you ARE up to something. The MIBs should be at your home this week, before 5pm.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Has ATS ever been subpoenaed to disclose any member information?

Assuming it was Federal: According to the Patriot Act, ATS could not disclose that information. It's a secret.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

...or are we already doing that? Ha!

Well, sort of indirectly, you are! If you're a US citizen, anyway.

Thanks, btw.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I tried to read some of his threads but they give me a headache trying to make sense of them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT.

Uh bedlam does just fine for himself I wouldn't worry about that.

You probably owe him more than he owes you, not that he could ever disclose why.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: 0 x 0

He's talking about Jared Loughner.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had the displeasure as being one of the people trying to make sense of his nonsensical threads..

I just read some of his posts. Wow.
So, in this case, it makes perfect sense that ATS would grant access to his information.
Very scary.

- AB

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Kapusta

Considering that I am not a computer guru, I had no real idea of just what kind of information could be gleaned from a member's account, hence the question. Your response is enlightening. Thanks!

Thank You! for the inquiry .

I think more people should be aware of ATS position regarding this topic,So it's good to bring it up every now and again .

Kap

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A REPLY TO CHADWICKUS:

G Jus Christ!
Don't know how you found that info! It was my assumption that said name Loughner was scrubbed.. why it's does not have the pretty ATS not found page is beyond me.
Perhaps it serves as a reminder to pay attention to the messes ATS can bring in....

Just in the last 2 month or more.. Someone started a thread on PEN PAL'NG Jarrod from jail. And showed the hand written letter back.... the thread was shut down immediately.

But having read the thread you provided... I took notes that the threads started by Jarrod were aimed towards NASA ... Coincidence?

thanks..

For everyone else. If you think of it statistically. This a very popular site.. at any given time. Rest assured a criminal, or someone seeking to attempt criminal activity will be here... I've seen a member once counsel many times members begging for a little help.... member "Destinyone" would always help... she/he.. no destiny is a she.. clue one is she spoke and cared only like a mother could... and two.. a thread on a passing of someone very special to her was made.

It could be me.. it could be you.
sleep tight now hear!
edit on 22-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Back in the day, I think around the time Loughner went and did what he did, I did some digging and found at least another two ATS members that went off the deep end. I've tried to find the thread I posted it in but no luck.. I do remember the name of one of them though, Jeff Weise.

He went on a shooting spree and killed 9 people.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Gabrielle Giffords' husband is an astronaut.

Just makes it even more spooky if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Darkblade71

Back in the day, I think around the time Loughner went and did what he did, I did some digging and found at least another two ATS members that went off the deep end. I've tried to find the thread I posted it in but no luck.. I do remember the name of one of them though, Jeff Weise.

He went on a shooting spree and killed 9 people.

Dude really.. you're on massacre mode..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Look the "ill" are among us ... its up to you and someone like me to weed through it.. do I like it? [Snip] no! Does it exist.. sadly yes.

Stay sharp.. save some lives!

edit on 23/4/2015 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
My guess is the only court action ATS would see is likely a member-on-member issue. I'm just sayin' agencies don't need permission to research someone here.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

Gabrielle Giffords' husband is an astronaut.

Just makes it even more spooky if you ask me.

No don't freak... it was totally relevant!!!

I'll say this!

Thank you! You helped... you payed attention..

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
a reply to: CharlesT

The only info that I know ATS has on me is my email addy.

Hah. but the jet jockeys do know the number of your teeth. Make no mistake about this.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I would suspect that everything a member has written, is already on an NSA server. The only reason that they would need to formally request that information, is to legitimise what they already have, for use in a court.

The greatest hackers and threat to privacy? One's own government.

RiP Privacy.

edit on 23-4-2015 by Meduzi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Totally agree with the humour there. I thought the "takes out notebook" speaks for itself

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

This is a simple question and should not be very hard to answer. I'm just wondering if ATS has ever been subpoenaed by any government agency to relinquish any information on any member?

Edit: If so, what kind of information is usually subpoenaed?

Why would they want to tell you if they were? Do they have to? Are they allowed to? Apple and the bunch only did it because when you do something, you publicly announce you are not doing it. That is just business and politics.

This is too small of a room to have this conversation. IMO.

If they would want this information to use as evidence against a individual would they not need some sort of warrant or legal way of obtaining this information in order to hold in a prosecution?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've always been interested in a user named Arken (?) ..the user was always putting out good threads and then one day they were banned

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join