It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS ever been subpoenaed to disclose any member information?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is a simple question and should not be very hard to answer. I'm just wondering if ATS has ever been subpoenaed by any government agency to relinquish any information on any member?

Edit: If so, what kind of information is usually subpoenaed?
edit on 22-4-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
This is a simple question and should not be very hard to answer. I'm just wondering if ATS has ever been subpoenaed by any government agency to relinquish any information on any member?

ATS is public...you can search any posts here as a guest. If you mean letting them know if an IP was used or whatnot, my guess would be yes, and that is only because of one specific old member that made a bit of a name for himself in a really bad way.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Private Messages. Ast0 comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

The only info that I know ATS has on me is my email addy.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

(takes out notebook) So, why do you want to know? Have you done something wrong you'd like to share?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Would you care to elaborate on that?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'm pretty damned sure if they want your info they can figure it out without the help of ATS. Like really damned sure. If you get their interest. Your home computer or phone is not safe. Your texts, hard drive, ISP whatever. They can figure it out and probably in less than a day.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If TPTB are on the ball then yes.

I would assume an extreme think tank like ATS would supply much vital intel to those who need such information to complete our psychological profiles. The thoughts and opinions we supply here are much more in depth than those we supply on Facebook and Twitter etc.

With Facebook they can obtain photos and see who our families and affiliates are. Everything we post and "Like" goes to creating our psychological profile. Twitter can establish behavioural trends along with your GPS tracking on your smart phone.

This is all then download to your personal Meta-Data file.

The uniqueness of ATS is that we use avatars and nicknames instead of our real photos and names. this creates a false sense of security which leads us to believe that the public and TPTB don't know who we are, so we allow ourselves to be more truthful and stauncher in our opinions.

The in depth opinions we supply here would close out the gaps in our psychological profiles.

WHOA! I'm starting to think I'm the most paranoid freak on this site.

edit on 22/4/2015 by Twenty38 because: Grammatical.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 0 x 0

He's talking about Jared Loughner.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had the displeasure as being one of the people trying to make sense of his nonsensical threads..

edit on 22/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wasn't there a big dust-up many years ago about a high-profile murderer that had an account here?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
thanks..
a reply to: Chadwickus

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Lol and yet they cant with Hillary or Lois reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Just what makes you think I have done something for asking such a simple question? In these days and times, the general public is being spied on at every turn and I don't see ATS as being any different. Your insinuation is a personal insult.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Twenty38

Wish I could give you a star on your post.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Didn't recognize the name until I looked him up. That is/was one sick dude. His kind are pure evil. Just looking at his picture scares the HELL out of me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Springer has answered this question before

so my guess is prob not .

Like "Druid42" points out in his post above, what information are they going to get from us?

Let's see, a user name, something like "BigAppleUFOHunter", ok...

An email address, "[email protected]", ok...

And finally, the IP address you registered with, all that does is tell them who and where your ISP is (unless you used a proxy to register with, then it tells them nothing), not where you are. My ISP info leads to well over 100 miles away from where I am sitting right now.

The story about the FBI "digging through our trash bin" is utter bollocks too, we've NEVER been asked to turn over the keys to any of the servers.

All that being said, we are very clear in our Terms and Conditions of use that we WILL turn over the basically useless three pieces of information we have if ordered by a court to do it. We have to, that's why we ask for and keep only the info necessary for your account to function (registration IP, email address, and user name). That's the ONLY way any piece of information on ANY member ever gets beyond us, we value our member's privacy above all, we never have and never will share our user data with ANYONE without an executed court order.

Springer...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That's bedlams sense of humor. Doubt he was trying to insult you

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Why would they want to tell you if they were? Do they have to? Are they allowed to? Apple and the bunch only did it because when you do something, you publicly announce you are not doing it. That is just business and politics.

This is too small of a room to have this conversation. IMO.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Considering that I am not a computer guru, I had no real idea of just what kind of information could be gleaned from a member's account, hence the question. Your response is enlightening. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

His humor is as dry as gin. I didn't laugh, crack a smile or even think funny. I hope he doesn't try earning a living as a comedian. We will have to support him with welfare and food stamps, or are we already doing that? Ha!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join