It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists genetically modify human embryos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I dont see the harm in this. Personally I think we have already been modified in the past to be weak and frail. To die at the young age of 120 and decompose in life.

I wish we would fix this. I regret that my children and I werent born in the age where this cruel injustice was corrected.

Screw the Gods that punished us and fear us.
edit on 4 23 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm just in favor of genetic manipulation in humans however it's played with.
Bring it on.
Bring on the sci-fi to the human race.
I find it very exciting and you know it's only a matter of time before SOMEone does it and then everyone will just have to follow suit.
The evil scientist in me is just giggling madly right now.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: eisegesis
"Where we're going we don't need links."

O.o

This is enroute to Gattaca-style designer children. It's a fascinating and terrifying prospect, can't wait for the results.

I am not so optimistic.

I see the first level beings as super soldiers.

After all, they have to get a return on their investment.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It would be kind of cool to be them. Knowing your purpose and being enhanced to fulfill that role. Excelling at what your design is without the trappings of falsehoods and doubt.

If you were built to colonize space, and having every ounce of your being dedicated to that end, training and formation your entire life so as to excel and be the best the human race has to offer to that end.

Being enhanced to build tools and machines and being the best at it....

All avenues of pursuit and endeavor satisfied by the very best at them...

I feel bad for all those who grow old living lives that are not theirs. That dont bring their design and function together because of archaic superstitions and systems of governance too cowardly to face a world of titans and build it...and then die off knowing they are the last to suffer as they did.

When the last mother on earth gives birth in pain, when the last human on earth who suffers from feeling useless and empty...Dies and is forgotten.

and when our children rise to the world they inherited, and make it better. When Titans build the world THEY SEE. When the world of Titans that WE BUILD fades away in favor of a new matrix.

That will be the day when war, hunger and disease are gone. No noble intentions will save the day. It will be cold hard logic to save the day. Logic inspired by the human spirit.

I cant fear this anymore. I would be a coward, liar and selfish fiend to deny the future because of MY past. What I think "God" wants is irrelevant. God doesnt "want".

I do. I dont want to be weak and feel inferior to the next logical step. I want to be "it". The end all be all to life on earth.

Then I come to my senses and realize that I must die with this absurd world. I am what holds it back. We are.

We will never know peace. We will die in savagery. There is hope only in what we create.

THEY are the hope. We are the sin.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I am going to blame "you", if I still have this pain in my side, in the morning, and I am going to send you the receipt for a package of Depends, if I don't stop laughing soon.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

hey, glad you enjoyed it.

I am serious though. We really need to all die off. We are retarded broken animals. Here is hoping we can remove the funny bone in our elbows while we are at it. Why is that there again? Yeah thats right. Deformed bone and nerve structure....like we lost a finger and and our humerus bone is deformed because of too much primate DNA....the epitome of evolution we are indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

hey, glad you enjoyed it.

I am serious though. We really need to all die off. We are retarded broken animals. Here is hoping we can remove the funny bone in our elbows while we are at it. Why is that there again? Yeah thats right. Deformed bone and nerve structure....like we lost a finger and and our humerus bone is deformed because of too much primate DNA....the epitome of evolution we are indeed.

you said you are serious... but it is difficult to believe that after reading what you wrote next... "we really need to all die off" -- really? Well, trust we, we will.

We will all die off... every generation does.... but humanity of the future will be very different from the humanity we know today.... we "humans" will become gods... and we will spread the contagion of greed to the rest of the galaxy and beyond.

Maybe your right... maybe that is bad... maybe we ought to die off to stop the spread of this virus... but we may not... we may go the other way and end up the RULERS of the Universe.... but just imagine that for a second... it would a lot like the movie "Jupiter Ascending" where deceit is the weapon of greed and fear rule the megaverse.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Okay that worked.

I am not laughing any more.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well I think you misunderstand. I am not proposing that we all must DIE right now. I am saying that our breed of humanity must.
That our civilization must end and we must change and go extinct in favor of something a little better than us. A better civilization and a better type of person. Hungry monkeys have greed for bananas and shiney things. Once we are not monkeys, we wont be greedy little assholes.

We get angry when we are hungry, become psychotic when our feelings are hurt, think about sex almost always. AS WE ARE, the only way to find peace is to revert to primitive living and curb the potential for our destructive tendencies by curbing our abilities.

That is insane in and of itself. Just as insane as continuing down this path of increasing our abilities with NOTHING changing about us. We stay the retarded broken animals we are with nukes, space travel and the thunderbolt of Zeus at the tip of our petty and petulant fingers.

We need to die off in design. I still want humanity to be here. I just want the limitations placed on us removed and for our very nature to be made whole. Either we become animals again, or we become gods. This limbo we are in is unbearable and is driving us into madness. We are quite literally an abomination now. What I want is for that to die and for the true self we are to emerge.

I am not a proponent of population reduction, mass effects, or anything of that nature. Perhaps I entertain compulsory sterilization for scumbags and repeat offenders to humanity...We dont try to improve ourselves because we fear interfering with our generations to come. We would prefer to pass along a flawed design, and WE ARE, instead of starting the healing process.

Superstitions keep our future at bay. They cause us to kill each other, but now the most grievous insult is that they keep us from moving on. GOD will be upset, nature will retaliate. WTF!? Yeah, and my dead grandmother watches me in my private moments.

Get real!

We need to start to improve ourselves as soon as possible...because as of this moment there are half primates with nukes running our planet.

We need to go extinct like neanderthal did and make way for something BETTER.

Also, we need to understand that we cant possibly know what the new version of us will think and how it will see itself, us or the universe. We are half monkeys thinking that we will rule the universe. Now I AM laughing. When we are something more and better, we wont think like 21st century savages.

edit on 4 24 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Also, we need to understand that we cant possibly know what the new version of us will think and how it will see itself, us or the universe. We are half monkeys thinking that we will rule the universe. Now I AM laughing. When we are something more and better, we wont think like 21st century savages.

we can program our mind to think in anyway we choose,
however, few people take on the responsibility to do so.
failing that, there will be no change to how we think even
if we change our DNA.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What would be really cool to to create human workers that live about 30 years, but do not grow old, eat very little, need only a little sleep, but could work like 20 hours per day. Only smart enough to be easily trained, but with little else....

Then we could create the 1000 year humans and all these workers could care for them...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Now that would be terrible.

"Then we can have the thousand year ones breed with the 30 year ones and yet another couple millennia of abominations running amok could come about into being."

How about, we all just make 1000 year old versions who wipe their own ass.

@waska

and about the DNA that doesnt affect our behavior.....try telling me a natural wolf is as stressed about where to pee as a domesticated dog is. Tell me he is worried about being subservient to another species when it comes to being fed as a domesticated dog is.

A wolf can just eat what he hunts. A dog, has to beg or scavenge like a hyena. He isnt nearly as stress free as a wolf. His behavior isnt nearly like a wolf, only similar. The DNA is similar, but subtle changes make a parasite like breed that goes from lap to lap for a treat and will eat itself into obesity....or slight changes make a predator that goes where ever the hell it wants and adapts to where ever the hell it is.

Try getting a poodle to behave like a wolf in the wild. Try getting a wolf to beg for a treat....DNA, is behavior.

edit on 4 24 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
China is like the new Nazis in respects that Israel does not cover.

Nazi Germany brought a lot of medical advancements that would not be achieved if the ethical concerns could not hide behind a "monster" to be held responsible. China is going to be doing a lot of advancements that cannot be achieved in west with all the red tape covering ethics and safety.

China is going to bring us the medical advancements and India will bring us the science. We cannot do what they do legally.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yeah, maybe they will develop super intelligence and insight and will build UFOs and just leave us here to beg for aliens to drop a few that we can scavenge off.

Maybe they will just evolve beyond us and when we all die irradiated from using nukes out of anger or in retaliation for angry attacks, they will survive and dedicate archeology towards studying our primitive civilization in many years to come.

We really need to start to take a lead on this, or risk being made obsolete.

I think you are spot on.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yeah, maybe they will develop super intelligence and insight and will build UFOs and just leave us here to beg for aliens to drop a few that we can scavenge off.

Maybe they will just evolve beyond us and when we all die irradiated from using nukes out of anger or in retaliation for angry attacks, they will survive and dedicate archeology towards studying our primitive civilization in many years to come.

We really need to start to take a lead on this, or risk being made obsolete.

I think you are spot on.

Nah. China and Indian are just giant sweat shops... From a globalist agenda point of view. I bet most of the applications for these advancements will end up in the hands of multinational interests.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join