It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Full gay' Iceman: 'X-Men' character'ssexuality changed after decades

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I can go with your rationale. The thing that bugs me when they do stuff like this though is when they take a character with an already established background and write some lame reason for why he (or she) is suddenly receiving a new sexual orientation. Ret-cons are annoying as hell.

The least they could do is either create a new character or take one with an ambiguous sexual background to define further.

And if they are going to "out" him as compensating with women? Then why have Jean Grey basically perform the function of outing him. Why not put the character through the angst of having to discover the truth and deal with it on his own? This is just "Kk, nao we haz gay!" They could make it actually interesting and not just blah.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm waiting for them to declare Wolverine gay. Then the nerd world will flip their #.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's a good thing a great deal of society doesn't care about that opinion then.

Oh no...a child might find out that everything isn't black and white! Think of the children!

It's about time we get rid of this need to keep everything conserved as is. I am much happier that a boy who loves Iceman would grow up and see the reality of the world; that nothing fits into molds and further more they were not supposed to fit in molds

As far as the general thread...it makes more sense to me that Iceman came out. People harp on the whole "oh so he had failed relationships and now he is gay" thing. Hate to break it to you but that story gets told every day all over the world.

Men and women struggle with hetero relationships alllllllll the time and come to realize that all the while their orientation was not as they believed.

So really, Iceman's story is very realistic

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, no, not progressive enough. Cyclops and Jean Grey will form a throuple with him.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

No, it doesn't sound to me like he came out. If Jean Grey tells him, it sounds more like he's outed.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

After loosing all those girls to Havok, you think he will bed down with Havok's brother?

BOLD.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, no, not progressive enough. Cyclops and Jean Grey will form a throuple with him.

Not progressive enough? Ok hmm... The X-Mansion goes through tough times as enrollment drops and as a result many of the X-Men are forced to go on welfare. Professor X, of course, goes on disability. The X-Men then spend their days lamenting the rich's wealth while preparing for a gay wedding between Iceman and Wolverine. Meanwhile, Storm decides she is really a man in a woman's body and starts using the men's restroom, while Colossus realizes the opposite and actually gets a sex change operation. Jean also gets knocked up and doesn't want to have the child, but decides to abort late in the pregnancy so she gets a late term abortion. Also, after years of lobbying, "mutants" become a protected class of citizens under Civil Rights laws.

Is that good enough?
edit on 23-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Closer, but you left out the throuple. Oh, and what about the open marriage? You also missed the pot, I mean, hemp farm, all organic of course that the new plant manipulating student will start. It will save the school financially through all its useful and totally not MJ products. Then there will be a terrible plague on humanity and Beast will figure out how to use the hemp to cure the plague.

Also, Gambit will marry five of the female X-Men and start his own reality show about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Also, Gambit will marry five of the female X-Men and start his own reality show about it.

He can't he is from Louisiana not Utah. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join