It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census: Record 51 million immigrants in 8 years, will account for 82% of U.S. growth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Legal and illegal immigrants will hit a record high of 51 million in just eight years and eventually account for an astounding 82 percent of all population growth in America, according to new U.S. Census figures.

"The immigrant population will grow four times faster than the native born population, reaching 15.8 percent, or 57 million, of the nation's population in 2030, 17.1 percent, or 65 million, in 2040, and 18.8 percent, or 78 million, in 2060."

"These numbers have important implications for workers, schools, infrastructure, congestion and the environment," said Steven Camarota, the center's director of research. "They also may have implications for our ability to successfully assimilate and integrate immigrants. Yet there has been almost no national debate about bringing in so many people legally each year, which is the primary factor driving these numbers."

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Cloward and Piven!

But yet we are insensitive and uncaring if we speak out against it.

Meanwhile, 4 million who are "legally" trying to come into the country are in limbo?

No agenda here right?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
And history will blame the Obama.Nation

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Even though he holds he record for deporting people. I'm sure the future conservatives will somehow spin that to mean he just bolstered their resolve to keep sneaking past the border in larger numbers.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Is it saying that all of these people will on be on a sort of welfare?

And if it is so, 2060 seems like a far off goal for that.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Even though he holds he record for deporting people. I'm sure the future conservatives will somehow spin that to mean he just bolstered their resolve to keep sneaking past the border in larger numbers.

I do respect you Cuervo, but simply turning someone away from the border is being considered a "deportation" by this administration.

Things have changed, and honesty in reporting statistics are not what they seem due to corruption on both sides of our political divide?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The over 50 population in the USA:

In 2002, it was over twenty-seven percent. By 2020, it will be over thirty-five percent. The size of the 50 plus population will more than double in the next 35 years. Our nation faces a demographic revolution as 78 million boomers enter their retirement years.

Since our own growth has slowed, this may be a good thing. People are living longer and there's millions in nursing homes. Someone has to take care of us.

Second, you can assume that all things being equal, we can expect an equal proportion of baby boomers to reside in nursing homes at any given time. There are an estimated 78 million baby boomers. So, approximately 5 percent, or 3.9 million are expected to head for these facilities. Today, a senior citizen (65+) has about a one-in-four chance of spending time in a nursing home (skilled care facility).

www.nursinghomediaries.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I do respect you Cuervo, but simply turning someone away from the border is being considered a "deportation" by this administration.

Things have changed, and honesty in reporting statistics are not what they seem due to corruption on both sides of our political divide?

I had to look that up. Huh. Unless there's more to the story, it seems you're right.

Tricky bastards, all of 'em!

I think when they change definitions like that, it should apply retroactively to statistics.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I had to look that up. Huh. Unless there's more to the story, it seems you're right.

Tricky bastards, all of 'em!

I think when they change definitions like that, it should apply retroactively to statistics.

It's all good!

What is truth is lies, and what it lies is truth in this day and age?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am having a taco then I'm taking a nap. I hate yard work anyway.

El Murica

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

If you're surprised by these number you've been asleep or aren't over 18 years old.

Once our economy is shattered the immigrant population will fall. Everyone wants a piece until its broken. I just want immigration "reform" but I don't think my government wants that since I've been hearing about this and many issues for my entire short existence on this earth.

But can you blame any of these people wanting to leave those crime infested corrupt countries for another crime invested country..... wait a second....

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Bienvenido a América mis amigos
edit on 22-4-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We are going to be losing a good guy from the UK because his temporary work permit has expired and his permanent residence wont be approved in time. It is practically his country but Indians can work in Canada easier than a Brit and China gets first access to Canadian real estate before they are listed here in Canada.

We are being Invaded and bought up. Our guys are obviously on the take.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Nothing like the Federal governments refusal to enforce laws that would create a massive unfunded mandate for the states / locals.

I think they should start sending bills to the feds and if they refuse to pay, take them to court. If they still refuse start seizing federal property and auctioning it off to pay the bills.

edit on 22-4-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Most developed nations have negative population growth right now. The US is actually lucky in that we're still having something like 2.1 children per woman, so we're just above the replacement rate. In all developed countries any population growth they're getting is coming entirely from immigrants. It's not because we're being flooded but rather because we're no longer having 5, 6, or 7 kids per family to keep the non immigrant share of population growth high.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Hmm.. natural depopulation?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

'Asylum Seekers' and other 'Illegals' can get an easier ride into another Country then I can which i find a little strange!!

Ok, I live in England where there is no conflict but if i wanted to go stay in America, I have to have either a job waiting for me, over $50,000 in the bank or wait for a green card!!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah, it's weird that if you come over illegally, no problem. Try and follow the rules, it immediately becomes a mountain. I don't know any illegals currently. But my Hispanic friends here on visa had to jump thorough several hoops and pay a small fortune for the opportunity to live in this country. And it takes forever! Jokingly, I mentioned they should have just walked across the border illegally, it would have been easier and quicker. But they have high morals so they wouldn't do that and they are good hard working people, both college educated.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Aazadan

Hmm.. natural depopulation?

If we could develop the entire world, yes. There's a pretty strong correlation between people having all the basic necessities in life plus a little extra and having fewer kids later in life. Even in developed countries you get a spread between the poor having more kids and the wealthy having fewer.

The US is better off than most in this regard because our population is growing slowly. In other nations like Japan their population is shrinking.

top topics

join