It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You bought it, so you should own it, right? Wrong.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

Great post.

In many ways, we are there already.

This the A.I. of Capitalism which leads to Corporatocracy.
No more individual property rights, we are all just leasing
the product we use everyday. This artificial intelligence
will ensure the corporations continue to profit.

In my view, savers are already punished. And as you
said, in the future being frugal will cost you in taxes.

This is the Corporatocracy run amok.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If this indeed brought down the retail price of the product and spread it out over time without the requirement of financing, then I see how it is possible that they might, while electricity is still in style, believe that they would ultimately make more money in the long run by disallowing you from starting your tractor if your monthly payment wasn't accepted from your bank account. Imagine this: "No financing! No breaking the bank! Just pay for a basic or a premium membership! For $20 a month, you can use 2 gears: slow and fast! For $50 a month (The most popular, of course), you can use all the gears, you get personal customer support, and you also receive almost a $500 value in coupons for advertising(Even though we don't know what you'll do with those)!"

But seriously. How many people won't be sold on being able to buy a car for a membership fee of only $150 a month... STRAIGHT FROM THE MANUFACTURER. Because you really don't need the same kind of dealers anymore. Everyone needs a car. Very few will have to be convinced to upgrade if they can afford all the upgrades for only another "$5 a month". You meet at the Brand Garage and drive off with your choice as soon as you swipe your bank card and pay the small fee to unlock the door. Then you can go and license your ETP (Electronic Travel Package) which will take you on a trip to the beach, to which you will gain access for yet another small fee - all of which will be billed directly to your Freedom of Choice Credit Account (because who writes checks anymore?).

Disclaimer: There is a little sarcasm sprinkled throughout.
edit on 4/23/2015 by TarzanBeta because: Clarification...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
People: None of you "own" anything. Well, maybe the thoughts in your head, and who knows if that's the case with all the social programming from the TV and internet.

Anything you have can be taken away. One of the quickest ways to have the things you "own" taken away is not to pay taxes or child support. You'll either wind up in prison or have liens placed against you, and your possessions forfeited.

No one "owns" anything. If you look at indigenous people's, the idea of "ownership" is foreign and not consistent with their way of life. You can't own anything, you can merely posses it for a time.

Sorry, but yep -- no one owns anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
People: None of you "own" anything. Well, maybe the thoughts in your head, and who knows if that's the case with all the social programming from the TV and internet.

Anything you have can be taken away. One of the quickest ways to have the things you "own" taken away is not to pay taxes or child support. You'll either wind up in prison or have liens placed against you, and your possessions forfeited.

No one "owns" anything. If you look at indigenous people's, the idea of "ownership" is foreign and not consistent with their way of life. You can't own anything, you can merely posses it for a time.

I'm okay with not owning anything... but I have a problem
with those PTB who think they own me... and those same
PTB that pay lip-service to "individual property ownership"
only when it serves their own Corporate agenda.

Let's stop calling it Capitalism.

Neo-Feudalism is more accurate.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

"John Deere may be out of touch, but it’s not alone. Other corporations, including trade groups representing nearly every major automaker, made the same case to the Copyright Office again and again. It’s worth noting Tesla Motors didn’t join automakers in this argument, even though its cars rely heavily on proprietary software."

Tesla actually made ther patents Open source, truly a corporation worthy of praise:
www.teslamotors.com...

The reason why they want to make that determination is so that you will not be allowed to "hack" your "own" car and copy "your own" software for reuse in a product of your design.. or something similar I believe is likely the case.

farmers receive “an implied license for the life of the vehicle to operate the vehicle.”

Since they put it like that (if that is in fact the exact wording of the License agreement signed when bought or a law and no addition regarding the following) they should be the ones responsible for scrapping the vehicle after the "lifetime" of the vehicle expires. So just drive it to them and leave it there.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Ehhhh, this really is kind of a double sided sword.

While no one has to purchase the tractor, or even purchase from Deere, the statement is pretty moronic.
But, this happens with Apple software, Microsoft, cell phone not based about Android. But, these popular items can be "unlocked" and the code accessed in a manner.

But, I do indeed own the items I have paid for.....expect the Govt still thinks I owe taxes every year for a couple of those items.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Ownership is just a legal state.

To possess something is to be in far more control than to own something.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

start claiming they own and lease YOU.

Well the Govt does own you. It goes into debt using YOU the taxpayer as collateral, against your future earning/taxation potential. You'd think seeing they own us the least they could do is feed us and provide free healthcare. But then their mates wouldn't get rich. We're allowed to save 10-20% of our after tax dollars. And then they inflate the money supply.

Who owns who again?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

and that this "RIGHT" is protected under the U.S. Constitution. After all, who do the roadways belong to anyway? The People-At-Large

So how do they get away with selling roads off and the buyer being able to "toll" any transit upon such road?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

and that this "RIGHT" is protected under the U.S. Constitution. After all, who do the roadways belong to anyway? The People-At-Large

So how do they get away with selling roads off and the buyer being able to "toll" any transit upon such road?

The same they get away with enforcing any un-Constitution
policy (like Income Tax, etc)... they pass Statutes to which
people will unknowingly accept without question.

The common law, common sense "Rights" declared in our
Constitution are great principles which do not apply in
the real world in which we live.

It is like the Christian church teaching "grace" but being legalistic
and pushing guilt, fear, and judgement with every other breath.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Excellent. I'll be forwarding my insurance premiums to the manufacturers from now on! Woohoo!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

originally posted by: VoidHawk
If they still own it, then they ought to be responsible when it breaks down!
Sounds good, no more repair bills.

No arguments from me on that one Void!
I enjoy they way you think and process things:-)
Regards, Iwinder

Thanks. Most people dont

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I won't disagree with you there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join