It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bloodhound Project: 1000mph Supersonic Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I love land speed record projects like this. Theres a real possibility of life threatening danger involved. Imagine travelling at 1000 mph on land. The buzz from it must be off the scale.

The Bloodhound Supersonic Car is aiming to be the world's first 1,000mph car when it attempts to set a new world record in 2016. The British designers say they are pushing the limits of science, in fields such as aerodynamics and sustainable high-tech engineering.

BLOODHOUND SSC is exactly what it says - a Supersonic Car! It is supersonic because it is designed to go faster than the speed of sound. It is a car because it has four wheels and is under full control of its driver.

BLOODHOUND SSC is a jet and rocket powered car designed to go at 1,000 mph (just over 1,600 kph). It has a slender body of approximately 13.4m length with two front wheels within the body and two rear wheels mounted externally within wheel fairings. It weighs 7.5 tonnes and the engines produce more than 135,000 horsepower - more than 6 times the power of all the Formula 1 cars on a starting grid put together! The Car is a mix of car and aircraft technology, with the front half being a carbon fibre monocoque like a racing car and the back half being a metallic framework and panels like an aircraft.

www.bloodhoundssc.com...
edit on 22/4/15 by EnigmaAgent because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's all pretty amazing and will be an achievement, so let's hope it works and the records roll. I have kept a watchful eye on this project and am pleased that a project aim is to inspire, rather than a rich man's ego trip.

Bloodhound certainly knocks the socks off my Ford, but I bet I can handle the country lanes better!

new topics

join