It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell Introduces Bill to Reauthorize Patriot Act Until 2020, thwarts reform

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
a reply to: Greathouse

You can say Yes or No to something that isn't even what you think it is... Then BOTH sides are wrong.. (democrats, and republicans for instance)

This is what I am telling you.

I've done this in the past, so people can only see two options.. But really the only right answer isn't even in the QUESTION... You are choosing a false dichotomy.. It's like splitting a fish into 8 pieces, giving you one half of the head and saying that's your issue.. You didn't even see the flank or the tail or the fins.. So your are picking a side based on "Not a whole Fish"

That's how you get to the other sides.. You change the window frame.. You change the question..

You can say Yes or No to something that isn't even what you think it is...

No as I've already stated, then I would be sitting on the fence waiting for evidence. But I think where our communication failure has happened. Is I am looking at a issue in a yes or no judgment. You are now looking at it with a republican v's democrat view.

I myself don't allow politics into my decision making process.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

No as I've already stated, then I would be sitting on the fence waiting for evidence. But I think where our communication failure has happened. Is I am looking at a issue in a yes or no judgment. You are now looking at it with a republican v's democrat view.

I myself don't allow politics into my decision making process.

No you dont have to sit on the fence.. If I tell you your dog attacked my dog.. Your reaction will be yes or no about this happening.. Sitting on the fence is doing nothing.. There are other options.. Explore.. Figure it out.. Your dog had nothing to do with it.. Really a cop shot my dog, but you were too busy choosing sides to even know cops exist..

It's not fence sitting.. On the contrary it's active thinking. It's being alive.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Okay I'll repeat this again. I would only sit on the fence until I gathered enough information to make a informed decision.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

who contributes to McConnell's campaign/office? I'm sure whoever is supporting this was also a proponent for the first round of unconstitutional Patriot Act/NDA Act.

Screwing the American people... again!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well now is the time for the democrats and Obama to stand up and show the people what they stand for, we can already see what the republicans stand for. Of course it was the republicans that gave us this intrusion into our lives in the first place (to protect us from the terrorist bogeymen).

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Oh yeah, What good at all does DHS do? Seems to me all they do is stand around and grope people for kicks. DHS is nothing but a dog and pony show.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Even when The bill doesn't pass the NSA Will continue what they're doing. After all it was illegal when they did it under the patriot act, so what's going to stop them from doing it when it's illegal without the patriot act.

SOOO

You are defending NSA, they are doing it anyway so we might as well bend over

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

McConnell, Graham and a host of others, on both sides of the aisle, should be swinging for their treason.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Im an older grandma, who like a lot of others, just go with the flow, because we dont want to see our grandchildren in the middle of a government take over, or civil war.

But, what kind of world are we leaving for them? What have we done?

Personally, I think its time for a little less talk and a lot more action. I dont really care if they haul me away for inciting a riot, or coup.

We all know that we have no voice, in any political matter. So, its time to organize. There is no way we can stop the political madness. We can not stop the greed in the White house. They dont listen to our meek little voices, begging for a crumb. We should not have to beg them for a crumb, after they have puked up the whole loaf from gluttony. Its time to round up Washington, take over a fema camp and hold them as political prisoners. Form our own tribunal then hang them all for treason.

If you think your vote will change anything, then you are toooooooo stupid to live.

Its time.
I will even fire the first shot.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

What I was saying was with the single-minded drive to criticize anything American. People get distracted and fail to recognize their own countries problems.

Ahhhh... got it. I guess that's me in the opposite way... I've become quite single-minded in finding and criticizing the problems in America -- and I hate that it is my own country. We should be so much better than this.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wants to reauthorize the Patriot Act, and specifically Section 215 of it (which the FISA court has interpreted to say that the NSA can collect all of our phone records), without allowing committee hearings or amendments. And he wants it to extend it to 2020.

Mitch McConnell maneuvers to extend Patriot Act, NSA powers outside of legislative process

What makes this all the more outrageous is introducing a bill designed to prevent a vote on another law.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), who has crafted an NSA reform bill, blasted McConnell for attempting to bypass the legislative process for this, promising that this "tone-deaf attempt to pave the way for five and a half more years of unchecked surveillance will not succeed."

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Mitch and the rest of the republicans in congress (most of them and the democrats too, but we're talking about republicans here) they are so against the American people while claiming to be for smaller government etc.

We really only need two agencies. The FBI for Domestic and the CIA for international and non of them should be doing mass surveillance on US citizens. That's traitorous.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
McConnell and Graham are the two worst Senators in Congress, routinely embarrass us by actively working against the American people for their special interest backers.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

Even when The bill doesn't pass the NSA Will continue what they're doing. After all it was illegal when they did it under the patriot act, so what's going to stop them from doing it when it's illegal without the patriot act.

SOOO

You are defending NSA, they are doing it anyway so we might as well bend over

Nope, not in the least am I defending the NSA.

I'm just telling you how it is sorry .

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

At least there doesn't have to be any doubt that he, or any supporters of the bill, are anti-American, pro-terrorist, anti-freedom enemies of the state. May he rot in Guantanamo for his clear and obvious traitorous status.

Just a brief coup to clear Washington of all these anti-Constitutionalist zealots would be great, even if things were a mess for awhile.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RancorXXX
McConnell and Graham are the two worst Senators in Congress, routinely embarrass us by actively working against the American people for their special interest backers.

I have never seen such spineless cowards on the GOP side in my entire life. Even the dunce Boehner was defending the Clinton's today. These idiots are almost worse than the Democrats because they smile in your face with a knife hidden behind their backs in order to stick it into yours the minute you're not looking. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, somehow, TPA survived with the Democrats pretty much in control for a number of years. I don't think the story would be any different if it was up to the Democrats. Clearly, partisanship is more for show than any real differences.

IMO, it's all about controlling the masses. Even if the rulers have few (or no) differences, people do. It has to look like there are different sides and someone is representing you even if it isn't true. They understand the key to controlling people is to make them believe they have a voice.

McConnell can do this blatantly without too much noise from the conservative base. A liberal would have to pretend he has no choice. That he did everything he could to stop it.
edit on 24-4-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders McConnell can do this blatantly without too much noise from the conservative base. A liberal would have to pretend he has no choice. That he did everything he could to stop it.

I like a lot of what you had to say Brian, except for this part. It's nothing short of complete political horse blinding bull crap. You know as I read what you first said I admired it, not that it matters, but you quickly jumped on the hypocritical two party bandwagon which is such a tired and old story.

You know It's funny how you liberals believe that the people who you support somehow are more righteous than those you paint as equally corrupt. Try reading between the lies, try thinking outside of the slave minded box that you are stuck in.

It really is hypocritical and an absolute joke. ~$heopleNation
edit on 25-4-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You poor liberal robots are stuck in your one way vision. If we the people could all ever just recognize that the joke is on us all on both sides, maybe then we could accomplish something positive. Wake up already my friend. ~$heopleNation
edit on 25-4-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: BrianFlanders McConnell can do this blatantly without too much noise from the conservative base. A liberal would have to pretend he has no choice. That he did everything he could to stop it.

I like a lot of what you had to say Brian, except for this part. It's nothing short of complete political horse blinding bull crap. You know as I read what you first said I admired it, not that it matters, but you quickly jumped on the hypocritical two party bandwagon which is such a tired and old story.

You know It's funny how you liberals believe that the people who you support somehow are more righteous than those you paint as equally corrupt. Try reading between the lies, try thinking outside of the slave minded box that you are stuck in.

It really is hypocritical and an absolute joke. ~$heopleNation

I'm not sure where you got the idea I'm a liberal. I was trying to point out that the parties are manipulating us by essentially playing a scaled up (political) version of good cop/bad cop.

The Democrats do what only the Democrats can get away with and the Republicans do the same. The end result is the same. No matter which side a person is on, they're made to believe there is someone looking out for their interests. And even if you are not fond of the Democrats or the Republicans, you have no choice but to vote for who you perceive to be the lesser of two evils because there just isn't a coherent 3rd choice that has a chance. You can try to vote for people like Rand Paul if you think it will make a difference but I don't personally believe they're going to let anyone ruin what they have. I think if Rand Paul was really different, we'd have never heard of him, unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join