It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang member facing murder charges was spared deportation under Obama program - Prison Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Source

The Obama administration has admitted that an illegal immigrant and known gang member -- who recently was charged in the murders of four people -- was allowed to remain in the United States under President Obama's executive actions.

Emmanuel Jesus Rangel-Hernandez was allowed in August 2013 to remain in the U.S., following his request about seven months earlier to stay under the president's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Leon Rodriguez.

Rodriquez acknowledged in a letter to a top Republican senator that Rangel-Hernandez's application was approved, even though a federal crime database indicated he was "known gang member."

"Based on the standard procedures and protocols in place at the time, the DACA request and related employment authorization should not have been approved," said Rodriguez, in a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, who had raised questions about the case.

White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki, in an interview Wednesday on Fox News, declined to address the Rangel-Hernandez case specifically -- or whether illegal immigrants who engage in criminal activity are being allowed to stay in the U.S. under DACA or similar executive actions. (DACA is intended to give a deportation reprieve to some illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children.)

"Let me tell you what DACA is about," Psaki told Fox News. "It's not about not only giving a path [to citizenship] to individuals who are in the United States. It's morally right. ... I can't go into detail on every specific case. This is something that there are a number of steps in place that we take to look at who benefits from it."

Nice....so as long as you are a "child" illegal immigrant, regardless of crimes committed in the US or anywhere else it seems, you are allowed to stay here under the new laws.

Gotta love the White House spokeswoman, Ptaki's, spin on this....It's morally right and she can't go into detail on every specific case. While she may not be able to go into detail on every specific case, I would think this would be a case she may want to go into a bit more detail on. Seems this "child" killer was able to take every advantage of the system possible, including having drug possession charges thrown out.

So now, not only are illegal immigrants being given rights, illegal immigrants committing crimes in the US are able to stay.....more tax payer dollars to prisons I guess.

Conspiracy angle - Maybe that was the play all along...the administration figures that the more criminals they allow in, the more money will flow to prison housing and their pockets....

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well doesn't he have to stand trial for his crimes here in the states?

It would seem deportation would be the easy way out for him.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Well doesn't he have to stand trial for his crimes here in the states?

It would seem deportation would be the easy way out for him.

Likely he does, which adds another prisoner to the population. This time an illegal immigrant. I am seeing this immigration reform as a way to continue the population of prisons and keep the money flowing.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So is this really about the letter and the barry E.O or about a man facing trial being held for said trial?

I'm with you on the prison population angle.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So is this really about the letter and the barry E.O or about a man facing trial being held for said trial?

I'm with you on the prison population angle.

Not about the person facing trial at all....he is simply the one that brought the possible prison connection to my attention. The EO was the means for it to happen, now the US just sits back and waits on the criminal activities to give them the ability to build more prisons and populate them on the US taxpayers back. Nice little scam isn't it?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Message to young serial killers south of the US border:Come on in for your free benefits.
The madness of this administration will be suffered for years.This just latest example.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Message to young serial killers south of the US border:Come on in for your free benefits.
The madness of this administration will be suffered for years.This just latest example.

Exactly....imagine how much nicer prison is here than in Mexico. Hell, they can even make money in prison to send back to Mexico if they like....and I wonder if they have to pay taxes since they are not citizens.

Brings up a SLEW of questions in my mind....

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So are we saying we would rather have this man deported then stay here and face his crimes?

We don't deport people with this kind of case period, it makes no sense...

Shoot seems the message some want to send is come on in and kill 4 people and your punishment will just be getting sent out of the country.
edit on ndWed, 22 Apr 2015 12:35:01 -0500America/Chicago420150180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So are we saying we would rather have this man deported then stay here and face his crimes?

We don't deport people with this kind of case period, it makes no sense...

Shoot seems the message some want to send is come on in and kill 4 people and your punishment will just be getting sent out of the country.

Or do it and we will put you up with free room and board? Possibly better standards than they were living under being free in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Obama doesn't like to prosecute unless you're a conservative.

State Department contractor allegedly was paid thousands by an individual thought to be a Chinese agent in exchange for information on Americans -- but despite an FBI probe, the Justice Department declined to prosecute.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Law abiding real citizens pay the price. Let them come to an agreement on how to sentence him. Deport him back in pieces.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I thought this was just standard operating procedure. Commit a crime and get charged with the crime and face the punishment in the place where you've committed the crime. Do you think that American Drug smugglers caught in Peru should be deported to the US and NOT serve time in a Peruvian jail?

edit on 22-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I thought this was just standard operating procedure. Commit a crime and get charged with the crime and face the punishment in the place where you've committed the crime. Do you think that American Drug smugglers caught in Peru should be deported to the US and NOT serve time in a Peruvian jail?

This 100%

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It is, but it seems this could be a possible reason they opened the borders up in the first place....more crime, more prisoners, more money....

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes that is how our justice system works, if you commit a crime you get jailed...

Free room and board is a stretch, not sure how much time you have spent behind bars, I haven't heard it is all that great.

This man was spared from anything, just spun sideways by Fox cause obama.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Usually upon release they would be deported.

I think that's the point your missing? Or maybe your not missing it at all?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yes that is how our justice system works, if you commit a crime you get jailed...

Free room and board is a stretch, not sure how much time you have spent behind bars, I haven't heard it is all that great.

This man was spared from anything, just spun sideways by Fox cause obama.

I would say the life he would have had in Mexico after being sent back would have been a lot less pleasant than here. And from what I understand, US prison is a cake walk compared to Mexican prison, so yeah....free room and board so the tax payer can continue to make politicians prison rich!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I think you're overthinking it. Sometimes simple answers are right.

Simple answer?

Votes.

I think it was an oversight on the part of ICE. I've seen a woman get deported, after coming here legally but not renewing her visa and having multiple kids here, for stealing a $12 shirt. This case seems to me it's the flip side of that coin.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

But he wouldn't be going to mexican prison, he would just be deported which would open him up to just coming back.

People would lose their minds if we were just deporting people who committed murder.

There are people that need to be in prison, some one who kills 4 people is one of them.

Sounds like you think the prison life is easy... not so sure about that.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Classic Obama! Is probably keeping him here to raise his Antichrist army with. Soon he will declare martial law and you can bet this criminal will be a main enforcer. He already is living like a king in prison, what more could I have Obama done for him? He might as well pardoned him and gave him top-secret nuclear codes. I hate Obama so much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join