It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone with Cesium lands on roof of Japanese Prime Minister's office - Protesters involved?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

What was initially considered only a mishap turned eerie when investigators detected small traces of radiation from the drone, which police said were not levels harmful to humans. TV video showed several unformed policemen without hazmat suits carrying a blue plastic box containing the drone for further examination.

The drone was about 1.7 feet in diameter and had four propellers, carrying a small camera and a plastic bottle with unidentified content inside, according to Tokyo's Metropolitan Police Department. It said the bottle is believed to be the source of radioactive cesium contamination. The drone was also decorated with a symbol that warns of radioactive material, according to NHK.

Drone with radioactive material lands on roof of Japanese Prime Minister's office

So this is interesting. A drone lands on the roof of the Prime Ministers office in Japan. It has a small bottle with what is believed to be radioactive material in it and a radioactive symbol on the bottle, yet they don't think much of it? What is a drone doing flying around with radioactive material strapped to it?

Strange this is not being more broadcast in the media. I can't imagine what this story would look like had it landed on the white house lawn....

So I found a story that could have a possible connection to this and am editing accordingly:

Source

Crowds of about 14,000 people staging protests against the Abe government’s runaway policies on March 22 took part in rallies and demonstrations around the Diet building.

This action was called for by an organizing committee consisting of the Metropolitan Coalition against Nukes (MCAN), which hosts the weekly Friday night protest in front of the Prime Minister’s Office, and other civil groups objecting to the Abe administration’s anti-people policies: Japan’s use of the collective self-defense right; the state secrets protection law; the construction of a new U.S. base in Okinawa; participation in the Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade pact; cuts in social welfare services; the consumption tax hikes; revision of the war-renouncing Japanese Constitution; and relaxation of labor laws.

In a rally held at the Hibiya Amphitheater, speaking on behalf of the organizing committee, MCAN member Misao Redwolf said, “Let’s unite and work to bring down the Abe administration.”

So apparently MCAN protests here every Friday night. They protest against nuclear proliferation. This seems VERY oddly coincidental to the report of the drone landing on the PM office with Cesium detected. Makes me wonder if someone was spraying the crowd with this stuff from a drone above.
edit on 4/22/15 by Vasa Croe because: Adding in nuke protest story

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

My first guess is that it is from a Fukushima protestor and the bottle holds radioactive sea water from around the plant.

Just initial thoughts, I will be curious to hear what comes of this.

Thanks Vasa

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Here is another article from CNN with a little more info on the drone:

CNN

The drone was equipped with a small camera and a plastic bottle containing small traces of a radioactive material, police said.

The material was cesium, a soft metal, and what was found was harmless to the human body, police said.

Two smoke flares were attached to the drone, police said.

Abe was not in his office at the time. He is in Indonesia, attending the Asian-African Conference.

So it was Cesium, which I know nothing about, but from the wiki on it:

Although the element is only mildly toxic, it is a hazardous material as a metal and its radioisotopes present a high health risk if released into the environment.

So it is only mildly toxic, but presents a high health risk if released into the environment? How does that work? If it isn't toxic, then what is the health risk?

And why smoke flares on the drone? Seems to be more to this story than they are letting on to me....

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So it is only mildly toxic, but presents a high health risk if released into the environment? How does that work? If it isn't toxic, then what is the health risk?

And why smoke flares on the drone? Seems to be more to this story than they are letting on to me....
It's not terribly poisonous but its isotopes are radioactive.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It's not terribly poisonous but its isotopes are radioactive.

From what I am reading, Cesium is highly explosive on contact with air, water and especially sodium. Any chance this could have been an attempt to ignite a fire using a drone with this material attached then just having the bottle release the contents at the location in this attempt?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Almost sounds like a dirty bomb warning.

Kind of like "Hey, see this? If you don't do _________ , we will send something stronger"

That is what it makes me think of.

Yikes.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Almost sounds like a dirty bomb warning.

Kind of like "Hey, see this? If you don't do _________ , we will send something stronger"

That is what it makes me think of.

Yikes.

Yeah....I am kind of wondering if there was more that has not been reported, such as a note attached or a threat sent in after or something of the sort.

Just odd....a drone flying around with a bottle of Cesium attached to it and happens to land on the Prime Ministers office roof....

I guess it could have been there for a while according to the stories. Seems they don't often go to the roof and this time it happened to be for a tour.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I like your idea better than mine,
I would much rather it be protesters than anything else.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
very cool...

gotta be Fukushima related.. maybe someones threatening to tell the world the truth and theyre giving the PM a chance to come clean first.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

From what I am reading, Cesium is highly explosive on contact with air, water and especially sodium. Any chance this could have been an attempt to ignite a fire using a drone with this material attached then just having the bottle release the contents at the location in this attempt?

No. Probably fallout from the uncontrolled chain reaction (burning) of fuel rods in the reactors during the meltdowns. Cesium 137 is a byproduct of fission of Uranium. This stuff is wide spread after the accident and would be readily detectable in the tiniest quantities. You can also buy small 'sources' for testing and calibrating meters.

It's highly toxic and poisonous to biologic life forms in that if ingested into the body and incorporated into your bones for instance, it can irradiate nearby cells over your lifetime (Cesium 137 has a half life of 30 years) and in that time cause mutations in cells which can give rise to a plethora of diseases like Leukemia.

The statement in the press that it wasn't harmful to humans is contrasted with the hazmat suit dudes carrying it off the roof. Interesting to note how much attention was paid to a little bit there and how little they pay to the enormous amounts already released into the environment from the reactors.

Prime minister, level one hazmat response, rest of the world, no harm no foul.

edit on 22-4-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well now we are aware of another "useful and crafty way" to add to the list for the deployment of drones all over America, how about some ebola or other deadly virus for the purpose of inflicting harm to other human beings in densely populated areas, the drones don't even need to survive just let them crash.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No. Probably fallout from the uncontrolled chain reaction (burning) of fuel rods in the reactors during the meltdowns. Cesium 137 is a byproduct of fission of Uranium. This stuff is wide spread after the accident and would be readily detectable in the tiniest quantities. You can also buy small 'sources' for testing and calibrating meters.

It's highly toxic and poisonous to biologic life forms in that if ingested into the body and incorporated into your bones for instance, it can irradiate nearby cells over your lifetime (Cesium 137 has a half life of 30 years) and in that time cause mutations in cells which can give rise to a plethora of diseases like Leukemia.

The statement in the press that it wasn't harmful to humans is contrasted with the hazmat suit dudes carrying it off the roof. Interesting to note how much attention was paid to a little bit there and how little they pay to the enormous amounts already released into the environment from the reactors.

Prime minister, level one hazmat response, rest of the world, no harm no foul.

yeah....I find that pretty interesting. If it is so reactive to air though, how would this bottle attached to the drone have any effects on anything around if it released the contents? The way the story reads makes me think it was either mixed with something in the bottle and released or it only contained a small amount left in the bottle when they found it.

Is there an agent they could have mixed with it to allow it to be released into the air, maybe over a crowd?

Now I am going to start looking for stories of any protests going on at that office in the last few days that someone could have released cesium over the crowd from this drone.....

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Perhaps it was just an experiment to see how drones could be use for deadly missions.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well here is a VERY interesting story that could have something to do with this drone. Protesters from Metropolitan Coalition against Nukes (MCAN) hold protests at that office EVERY Friday.

This could open up a nice big can of worms on this story......

Source

Crowds of about 14,000 people staging protests against the Abe government’s runaway policies on March 22 took part in rallies and demonstrations around the Diet building.

This action was called for by an organizing committee consisting of the Metropolitan Coalition against Nukes (MCAN), which hosts the weekly Friday night protest in front of the Prime Minister’s Office, and other civil groups objecting to the Abe administration’s anti-people policies: Japan’s use of the collective self-defense right; the state secrets protection law; the construction of a new U.S. base in Okinawa; participation in the Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade pact; cuts in social welfare services; the consumption tax hikes; revision of the war-renouncing Japanese Constitution; and relaxation of labor laws.

In a rally held at the Hibiya Amphitheater, speaking on behalf of the organizing committee, MCAN member Misao Redwolf said, “Let’s unite and work to bring down the Abe administration.”

And apparently they REALLY don't like the PM.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The thing that bothers me the most about the whole story is that drones can be use for anything, usually we are so caught up on the moment and try to find the best of everything, we find funny that drones are falling out of the sky, we find hilarious that they are used for spying and no always the enemy but peoples backyards.

We get outraged when we find out that drones could be all over the skies in a near future and even have seen that commercial were people are afraid to exit their offices into their cars because drones are targeting them.

But we should be very afraid on how drones could be use for terrorist purposes as obviously this OP article expose.

Are you saver now? I am terrorized.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

If it is so reactive to air though, how would this bottle attached to the drone have any effects on anything around if it released the contents?

Lots of metals burn in the presence of oxygen (air). Sodium and Phosphorus, for instance. They didn't stipulate the form and the rad sticker presented a warining to handle with care regardless of the amount or type.

My guess is its just a protest to show how dangerous the government treats the radioactive fallout from Fukushima in connection with its own members (hazmat suits) as opposed to how it presents it to the public (lo level).

Brilliant protest actually, the hypocrisy is exposed to everyone.

They weren't trying to spread cancer or explode a dirty bomb, just expose the lies.

It worked.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
They'll be able to perform an isotope analyses which will tell them the source of the Cs.

The states secrect act in Japan lets them manage the story how they want. I'm amazed we know what we do.
edit on 22-4-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
They'll be able to perform an isotope analyses which will tell them the source of the Cs.

The states secrect act in Japan lets them manage the story how they want. I'm amazed we know what we do.

From the pics of the story and the angle, it would appear they were taken from a drone or helicopter in the air as well. I wonder if this is part of a protest and the protesters flew another drone to take pics when they found this one and released the story themselves for international attention. Once release the Japanese government would have to air the story in some way to spin it I would think.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
very cool...

gotta be Fukushima related.. maybe someones threatening to tell the world the truth and theyre giving the PM a chance to come clean first.

We know the truth.

Kevin Blanch told us the truth within hours. Then there was the French musician who showed us the media denial as the plume fell to earth around him. His YouTube account was hacked and all his videos removed. intrptr told us 'three explosions + hiss of steam = three containments.' YouTubers with geiger counters show us where the hotspots are.

I can't see there's any risk of us learning something new.
They've lost the coriums and no-one knows what to do.
Plutonium is flowing into the Pacific Ocean.

In Japan the pressure to conform and support the team often transcends other allegiances.

I guess this drone protest is a symbolic denial of ignorance.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Some pics from the scene...that is a LOT of people:

Guessing this one was from when they first found it and just covered it with some cardboard before knowing it has Cesium on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join