It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm in love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If you told me a decade ago that Matthew Mcconaughey could bring tears to my eyes I would've laughed. But I have just watched Interstellar for the first time and my tear ducts have been emptied.

I have run out of superlatives to describe what I have just seen. I love the Hard sci-fi side to the movie and I can't help but feel that this is a spiritual successor to 2001-and that is far from being a bad thing. I'd like to think that this movie could rejuvenate the interest in space exploration and the way it's presented is just...stellar.

There hasn't been a movie that has moved me in this way for many years and I hope that it encourages others to pursue a career in cosmology. Has anyone else been moved by this movie as much as I have?

edit on 22-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I liked it, and feel that it is good to get space movies into the public realm, especially as this one focuses on dimensions/time travel. I liked how it unfolded and some parts reminded me of my own experiences. It was hyped a lot though so my expectations of it were possibly higher than it delivered but it also delivered in an unexpected though good way with the dimensional aspect.

And the fact that MMC is eye candy is a plus.
edit on 22-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
There hasn't been a movie that has moved me in this way for many years and I hope that it encourages others to pursue a career in cosmology. Has anyone else been moved by this movie as much as I have?

No I wasn't moved, I thought it was a big let down personally. Had so much expectations and ended up totally disappointed, just made me feel like I wasted my megabytes. Did you notice the NASA plug though, lol.

I did like that whole 5th dimension thing at the end though. Anyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
"I've been flying... spaceships... before they paid me to fly them..." Sorry couldn't resist

edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
"I've been flying... spaceships... before they paid me to fly them..." Sorry couldn't resist

I cringed throughout the whole movie, exactly because of this.

Pompous ass and his commercials...

Anywhoo, I did enjoy the movie quite a bit. Been a long time since I'd seen a good sci-fi flick that wasn't in the tune of fantasy and ' a la Marvel '.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I could say the same for Anne Hathaway. I think the casting was brilliant and both 'MCC' and Anne were brilliant as well. It's a joy to see actors and actresses mature like a fine wine.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The Handicar South Park episode that showed MM and made fun of those commercials had me rolling. I still need to see this movie though.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I could say the same for Anne Hathaway. I think the casting was brilliant and both 'MCC' and Anne were brilliant as well. It's a joy to see actors and actresses mature like a fine wine.

Well, I don't think there's anything particularly special about 'Anne Hathaway', but I will say it's not cool to be saying she's ageing like fine wine, like she's some old lady or something. I mean, the women is only 4 months older than me for god sake! lol.

Anyway......... I am probably being a little to harsh to the movie, it wasn't the worst movie ever made. Just all that crying, carrying on and irrational human emotions though, like every 15 minutes! Then the whole time your expecting something extraordinary to happen, but it just never does.

It is a watchable movie, but not brilliant, imo.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

The Handicar South Park episode that showed MM and made fun of those commercials had me rolling. I still need to see this movie though.

I might sound bias but you really need to see this movie.

The hype for this movie is justified IMO but it isn't for everyone-there is a lot of content that will fly over the heads of popcorn viewers but the stargazers will admire the appreciation to detail.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Yes. I do plan on watching it, and I'm sure it's excellent. I just like making fun of Mathew McConaughey.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I saw it in the theater and definitely had to hold back some tears, my wife was crying though. Most of the theater was, I loved it to be honest. Was amazing seeing it on the big screen, now that its out, ill buy it and watch it at home.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I liked interstellar overall.
I think Matthew MC is an underrated actor(excellent in True Detective),and I agree that Anne Hathaway is super hot-but IMO she just can't act.
She only seems to have one facial expression for whatever movie/situation she is in-
Stuck in deep space?Pouty doe eyed expression time.
Getting beaten up by Batman?Pouty doe eyed expression.
Desitutute and lovelorn in Les Miserables?
You guessed it...etc etc.
But hey,if that pays the bills,then good for her.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes. I do plan on watching it, and I'm sure it's excellent. I just like making fun of Mathew McConaughey.

Point taken- I also made fun of 'my abs can act better than I' McConaughey in the past and I had the same feelings about Leonardo DeCaprio in the past as well. Those two were just eye candy at the start but now they have matured as actors and are a joy to watch.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Dallas Buyer's Club is a good movie too, starring MMC.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yeah, MMC has entered my movie radar in supporting roles and talk shows mostly until Interstellar, and although the movie has definite cringe factor (as expected from US of A patriotic /NASA movies), he did more than just pose and flex, which I guess as an actor is a step up to be able to show ones talents and getting lead roles in movies of more substance. He ages well which should put him in the perspectives of interesting and substantial future lead roles.

Hathaway didn't shine much in this movie (perhaps she wasn't meant to) and her acting talent also varies with role IMO, but again a lot of that might be due to scriptwriting /direction. Some faces don't naturally have much range so are limited to typecasting, perhaps as her face matures there might be more variation than looking pouty / emotional.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I thought it was okay...a little better than that maybe.

I love space movies though so I am a little biased in favor of.

One part in particular was when they were reunited at the hospital and she sort of blew off MM...I just think that was either really crappy and uncaring on her character's part or just completely unbelievable in the "real world".

I was specifically vague with that description so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

top topics

join