It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misunderstood Sleep Paralysis And Astral Projection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I understand that sleep paralysis is real and that lucid dreaming is real.

What i disagree with is astral projection. If you can't prove it is really happening outside of your imagination, then i have no reason to believe you.

a reply to: TheJourney

No one has any reason to believe anyone online. As I said in my OP, I was skeptical even as it was happening. What convinced me, was the fact that I could feel myself laying in bed simultaneously to seeing/feeling myself elsewhere, and I was thus able to instantaneously sit up in my body. That proved, to me, that it was astral projection. Now if you have another explanation that doesn't involve something that I, as someone very experienced with all manner of dream and sleep states, know isn't patently false, I'm all ears. If you want to not believe that it didn't happen that way, you are free to do so, but since I know it did happen that way the proof still stands for me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kennyb72
a reply to: Woodcarver

Sleep paralysis is nothing to take lightly. It is an indicator of other much more harmful maladies such as Alzheimer's and dementia.
If you experience this state often, you should visit your doctor and run the appropriate tests

If you read your article correctly it explains that sleep paralysis is a normal bodily function. What is not normal is the few people that do not trigger the paralyses when they are asleep and flail around while unconscious.

That is the REM disorder that is an indicator of something wrong.

Sleep paralysis is not a "normal" bodily function. It is a malfunction of the body where it does not stop the release the chemicals that paralyze you when you awake.

The adverse is when your body does not paralyze you with the appropriate neural transmitters to paralyze the body while you sleep.

These are known maladies that have been attributed to many supernatural claims. However they have been studied in depth and are well understood at this point in time. To ignore the science and then claim your fantasy as truth is classic dissonance.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

What i disagree with is astral projection. If you can't prove it is really happening outside of your imagination, then i have no reason to believe you.

No one has any reason to believe anyone online. As I said in my OP, I was skeptical even as it was happening. What convinced me, was the fact that I could feel myself laying in bed simultaneously to seeing/feeling myself elsewhere, and I was thus able to instantaneously sit up in my body. That proved, to me, that it was astral projection. Now if you have another explanation that doesn't involve something that I, as someone very experienced with all manner of dream and sleep states, know isn't patently false, I'm all ears. If you want to not believe that it didn't happen that way, you are free to do so, but since I know it did happen that way the proof still stands for me.
That is very easy. You are dreaming. If you think you can astral project, then lets set up an experiment. If you pass my simple test. I'll send you $10,000 and pay for a trip to the Randi foundation. If you pass their test, they will give you $1,000,000.

Put up or shut up.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The problem is this. Although when I or anyone is in this state it feels like forever, according to studies its only actually lasting between 30-180 seconds.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Sleep paralysis is nothing to take lightly. It is an indicator of other much more harmful maladies such as Alzheimer's and dementia.
If you experience this state often, you should visit your doctor and run the appropriate tests

If you read your article correctly it explains that sleep paralysis is a normal bodily function. What is not normal is the few people that do not trigger the paralyses when they are asleep and flail around while unconscious.

That is the REM disorder that is an indicator of something wrong.

Sleep paralysis is not a "normal" bodily function. It is a malfunction of the body where it does not stop the release the chemicals that paralyze you when you awake.

The adverse is when your body does not paralyze you with the appropriate neural transmitters to paralyze the body while you sleep.

These are known maladies that have been attributed to many supernatural claims. However they have been studied in depth and are well understood at this point in time. To ignore the science and then claim your fantasy as truth is classic dissonance.

Exactly. And it only lasts for a very short time

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I keep telling myself I need to do this, but the next day I completely forget about it.
seeee?!!! Lol

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I suspect this also accounts for a large number of "abduction" experiences

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

hah. prove this prove that...same old story, can we just move past that? the topic is not even about that...so just let it go, please.

It seems appropriate to leave this here:
allreality.com...

there are always a few people who bother to post and tell us its just in our heads. Yeah okey. What about feelings or thoughts, you believe in them but it is hard to prove them, correct? Every non-physical stuff is hard to prove and as long as you will not experience it for yourself you will be in the dark. You must shine your own light, we can just try to navigate anyone who want to experience this wonderful thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That is very easy. You are dreaming. If you think you can astral project, then lets set up an experiment. If you pass my simple test. I'll send you $10,000 and pay for a trip to the Randi foundation. If you pass their test, they will give you $1,000,000.

Put up or shut up.

I don't even truly know the nature of the astral plane. I've only done it one time. I can't astral project at will and pass some test. My first experience was just traveling near my actual physical environment, except everything was incredibly bright and vivid. I suspect, as people claim, there are much more 'far out' possibilities with astral travel. I do not know, these are the questions I would like to answer through experiment, along with whatever else may be learned along the way. You are so arrogant about things you know absolutely nothing about.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

I'm sure it does. Our brains are responsible for every mistake we make. They have proven to be one of the biggest obstacles to learning about our environment and our bodies. That is why we use the scientific method to guide us and not just our own observations and opinions.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

In certain situations, you have to take your own journey in life. Astral Projectors can't prove to you it's real anymore than you can prove to me you love your mother/father/any loved one.

As to the OP, I love sleep paralysis. My first experience with it was terrifying as it would be for anyone, but after learning what it was and starting my Astral Projection journey, I've come to love the feeling and take it as an exciting indicator I'm going to Astral Project

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Put up or shut up.

I don't even truly know the nature of the astral plane. I've only done it one time. I can't astral project at will and pass some test. My first experience was just traveling near my actual physical environment, except everything was incredibly bright and vivid. I suspect, as people claim, there are much more 'far out' possibilities with astral travel. I do not know, these are the questions I would like to answer through experiment, along with whatever else may be learned along the way. You are so arrogant about things you know absolutely nothing about.

You are the one making claims that can't be backed up. If you find my skepticism arrogant, then i'll just assume you're butt hurt for being called out for spreading fantastic claims and trying to educate people about something you have just admitted you know nothing about.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I'm sure it does. Our brains are responsible for every mistake we make. They have proven to be one of the biggest obstacles to learning about our environment and our bodies. That is why we use the scientific method to guide us and not just our own observations and opinions.

Did you even read my OP...I specifically mentioned alien abductions being products of sleep paralysis, and that perceptions out of that state are projections of the individuals mind...I am very highly experienced with dream and sleep states, which is why all of your simplistic thought processes which are rooted with a foundation of no experience whatsoever with this sort of thing is meaningless to someone who has. I'm not a guy who just claims and believes ridiculous things. I know better than most how these things work, which is why I know the nature of my experiences.
edit on 22-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

In certain situations, you have to take your own journey in life. Astral Projectors can't prove to you it's real anymore than you can prove to me you love your mother/father/any loved one.

As to the OP, I love sleep paralysis. My first experience with it was terrifying as it would be for anyone, but after learning what it was and starting my Astral Projection journey, I've come to love the feeling and take it as an exciting indicator I'm going to Astral Project
I can prove i love my family. You can't prove astral projection.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Put up or shut up.

You are the one making claims that can't be backed up. If you find my skepticism arrogant, then i'll just assume you're butt hurt for being called out for spreading fantastic claims and trying to educate people about something you have just admitted you know nothing about.

I'm not making claims, I'm sharing my experiences. If you don't want to believe my experiences, that's fine. I already said that. I certainly don't believe everything everyone says online. But, from my perspective, since I myself know the reality of my experiences, your lack of belief has nothing to do with anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Please do prove you love your family. That would be an amazing accomplishment as no one to date has been able to prove this scientifically.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Did you two even read my OP...I specifically mentioned alien abductions being products of sleep paralysis, and that perceptions out of that state are projections of the individuals mind...I am very highly experienced with dream and sleep states, which is why all of your simplistic thought processes which are rooted with a foundation of no experience whatsoever with this sort of thing is meaningless to someone who has. I'm not a guy who just claims and believes ridiculous things. I know better than most how these things work, which is why I know the nature of my experiences.

Alright, then put up.

What kind of experiments have you done? How have you tried to falsify your findings?
Where is your lab?
How many test subjects have you studied, and for how long?

Where did you get your PHD?

Experts in sleep studies have these things. If your expertise comes from falling asleep every day and imagining your flying, then that doesn't count.

So while we are here, what constitutes you being an expert?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Please do prove you love your family. That would be an amazing accomplishment as no one to date has been able to prove this scientifically.

Yup. I don't believe it. I want proof! Put up or shut up with these nonsensical claims about 'love.'

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
not worth it

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think I've come across as a d*ck about this and I apologize. I need to clarify my position. I am absolutely happy if you have found a way to overcome the gripping fear of the SP in this way. Those who have never experienced it can only use bad dreams to associate with it and sufferers know that this comparison isn't even close. If what you perceive as astral projection allows you to overcome this fear in that moment, damn awesome. Do I believe your ACTUALLY projecting? No. Our brains do a wonderful job of purging information and resetting each and every night with vivid and fanciful imagery. To attach any kind of "reality" to this is wishful thinking at best. I would love to start looking for houses in the land of chocolate volcanoes and big t*tty mermaids I visited last night but I have no reason to believe I visited a real place.

But again, awesome job figuring out a way to overcome your instances and I plan on trying the suggestion to try and think of something sexual to shift the fear next time it happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join