It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen war ended with saudi defeat ! operation "saving face" started

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

originally posted by: Shuye
What freedom are you talking about? People throughout the ME are getting bombed by ideas to bring humanity 1000 years back in time.

This is ATS, not yahoo

People here are aware of US and Saudi proxy war to keep their puppet government in Yemen

Perhaps so, but like everywhere else in the ME... What's the alternative? Having crazy jihadists enforcing their own version of a police state with a Sharia law? The people don't have the power, the guys with guns have it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

What freedom are you talking about? People throughout the ME are getting bombed by ideas to bring humanity 1000 years back in time.

This is ATS, not yahoo

People here are aware of US and Saudi proxy war to keep their puppet government in Yemen

Your ignorance must be bliss. There is no proxy war. Saudi were actively fighting. Learn what proxy war is before you throw the term around. You had no response to my earlier rebuttal of your ignorance, instead you just make more ignorant posts. So very sad.
edit on 22-4-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This is ATS, not yahoo

Your ignorance must be bliss. There is no proxy war. Saudi were actively fighting. Learn what proxy war is before you throw the term around. You had no response to my earlier rebuttal of your ignorance, instead you just make more ignorant posts. So very sad.
My dear friend , maybe he is talking about the backing of Al-qaeda in yemen by saudi air campaign .

in such a case , this can indeed be translated to a blend of proxy war and air campaign .

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: haman10

If one thing this war is showing that is good is that it shines a bright light on the actors and who they stand with .It boggles the mind to have seen Israel being one of the member states in this war .A war that was a civil one and not threatening anyone but the bad guys .Now it seems the bad guys have a large military complex backing them including the USA . Maybe it was started so that it would spill over and light the whole ME up .dont know :>(

Yes Sir ! thats right on target . the movement was a popular movement which was indeed de-throning US enemies like Al-qaeda and other fanatical groups .

I literally have no idea why US backed the saudis . maybe one day we'll find out . it could be the petrodollars though .

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yemen, Somalia, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya along with one or two other countries have been targets for a decade. The U.S. and Saudi Arabia wish to destabilize these countries, take over natural resources and instill strategic positions around Iran and close to Russia. So, it was no surprise when Yemen was at war and there was a humanitarian crisis. This was leaked by Gen. Wesley Clark years ago and so far it has proven true.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If anyone is waging a proxy war in Yemen it is the Saudis and their neocon allies in the US. Hadi was nothing more than a puppet regime of theirs.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
If anyone is waging a proxy war in Yemen it is the Saudis and their neocon allies in the US. Hadi was nothing more than a puppet regime of theirs.

No Hadi had nothing to do with the US thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its not about the US , Saudi Arabia , or any other country. It is about the control factor , Central Banks , and most of all "Globalization" . Every nation on Earth has went through the same as the ME is going through now. There are at least 2 nations that still hold off and do not let this take their countries out from under them , Iran and NK .Think about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing your insight on the Yemeni-Saud conflict.

I for one do not accept the MSM as gospel nor the rhetoric of the war mongering Iranophobes intent on derailing posts such as yours.

Hang loose, stay cool. Look forward to your future contributions.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
Its not about the US , Saudi Arabia , or any other country. It is about the control factor , Central Banks , and most of all "Globalization" . Every nation on Earth has went through the same as the ME is going through now. There are at least 2 nations that still hold off and do not let this take their countries out from under them , Iran and NK .Think about it.

Odd think it might be both countries have sanctions placed on them and maybe not your hair brained excuse? Just a thought lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog

Thanks for sharing your insight on the Yemeni-Saud conflict.

I for one do not accept the MSM as gospel nor the rhetoric of the war mongering Iranophobes intent on derailing posts such as yours.

Hang loose, stay cool. Look forward to your future contributions.

Thank you my dear friend . I have received positive feedbacks till now and thats amazing (at least for me - cause i expected something totally different TBH)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

04.22.15 8:19 am

In response to an attack by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels, Saudi Arabia resumed air strikes today against the rebels in Yemen, CNN reported. The resumption of air strikes comes less than a day after Saudi Arabia announced that it was ending the air war against the Houthis and seeking a diplomatic solution to the crisis in Yemen.

Saudis Renew Air Strikes After Iran-Backed Rebels Attack Yemeni Troops

'_??_'

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Air strikes can only do so much,
next comes a ground invasion...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
First thing - attack the post , not the poster. Always.Next , what makes it a hairbrained idea ? If you really research the history of nations , it does really make sense. I never post anything half-baked or from emotions. If you see any post from me , it comes from one of my many hobbies. I have been around sites like this for many years . In fact a friend of mine and I ran one of the first back in the days of wildcat bbs and the early apache server . This was back when the internet was basically just taking off and most of it was dialup and point to point.So , no I have been researching things like this for a long,long time

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer
There will be a false flag to get US mercenaries involved soon, It has to be as big as WMD or Anthrax or another plane down to get US involved though.

As far as I know a cease fire has already been issued, the war is over, and I believe Saudis said Hadi will still be in power.

Saudi-led coalition says military goals were achieved in air campaign and operation to protect civilians has begun.

A few hours after the coalition announcement, senior Houthi leaders said a political deal to end the conflict had almost been reached, the Reuters news agency reported.

"The coalition has completed the 'Decisive Storm' campaign at the request of the Yemeni government and the president of Yemen," Asiri said.

"The primary goals of the campaign have been achieved and sovereignty has been protected.

"We are able to confirm that the Houthis are no longer a threat to Yemenis or neighbouring countries.
"The Yemeni government will now undertake all necessary actions to start rebuilding the country."

Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Defence had earlier said that all heavy weapons and ballistic missiles belonging to the Houthis had been destroyed, that they had imposed restrictions over Yemen's airspace, and that any possible threats on the kingdom and neighbouring countries had been removed.

www.aljazeera.com...

Just trying to figure out where the OP is supported. Especially since they did not provide a single source.

Funny how the new user who made this thread has stated the exact opposite of Saudi's who have stated victory in public statements and official ones.

Talk about disinformation. The Saudi's would just claim a next phase without victory yet if they were so soundly defeated as the OP tries to claim.

US warships are effectively going to blockade Yemen and the Saudis have complete air control with a modern equipped army. They are not going to allow an Iranian puppet to control Yemen where they can launch proxy army raids into the Kingdom effectively setting up another base for Hezbollah.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well according to the Saudi's that is not an interest they have...

Saudi Arabia simultaneously announced (Arabic link) the beginning of a new campaign called “Renewal of Hope,” which apparently will not include any ground military operations in Yemen. It will instead focus on finding a diplomatic solution to the conflict between rebels and ousted President Abed Mansour Hadi. The spokesperson for the Arab coalition said vaguely that Saudi Arabia will continue to prevent the Houthis from carrying out their activities and will act militarily whenever it sees fit.

www.thetower.org... m_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

You may see some ground troops, but as far as invasion...I would imagine that would happen only if Iran had troops on the ground there.

I see Saudi Arabia trying to come out as some hero in this if they can get this situation handled politically now instead of militarily.

Even the OP source is saying this.

A new operation called Restoring Hope will focus on a political solution in Yemen and on counter-terrorism at home, the coalition said.

www.bbc.com...

And honestly I hope it works as that country has been through enough hell in the last few years.
edit on 22-4-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
First thing - attack the post , not the poster. Always.Next , what makes it a hairbrained idea ? If you really research the history of nations , it does really make sense. I never post anything half-baked or from emotions. If you see any post from me , it comes from one of my many hobbies. I have been around sites like this for many years . In fact a friend of mine and I ran one of the first back in the days of wildcat bbs and the early apache server . This was back when the internet was basically just taking off and most of it was dialup and point to point.So , no I have been researching things like this for a long,long time

That explains it the new world order stuff is so 90s. Central banks exist in all countries key is if they are allowed to work with others or have to operate alone. Basically meaning no money transfers therefore no outside investments.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Air strikes can only do so much,

Well i really hope not . that can easily escalate into full blown regional war . the last time saudi arabia bombed houthis back in 2009 , houthis launched a counter-attack on saudis resulting in liberation of 60km into mainland of saudi . this done by a an-armed group which was surrounded by saleh forces and saudi forces and was under siege .

The rebels took control of a mountainous section inside Saudi Arabia, in the border region of Jabal al-Dukhan[81] and occupied two villages inside Saudi territory.[85][86] Saudi Arabia’s news agency said that rebels had entered Saudi territory and attacked patrols, and that a second soldier later died from wounds sustained in the same clash.[87][88] On November 5, Saudi Arabia responded by launching heavy air strikes on rebels in northern Yemen, and moved troops nearer the border. Saudi government officials said only that the air force had bombed Yemeni rebels who had seized a border area inside the kingdom, which they said had now been recaptured. The officials said at least 40 rebels had been killed in the fighting. The Saudi government adviser said no decision had yet been taken to send troops across the border, but made clear Riyadh was no longer prepared to tolerate the Yemeni rebels.[87] The Saudi assault continued the following day, as Saudi residents near the southern border of Jizan Province were evacuated.[89] At the same time, a Houthi spokesman reported to the media that they had captured Saudi troops

On January 25, 2010, the Houthis offered a truce[100] and withdrew from 46 positions which they held in Saudi territory. Houthi leader Abdul Malek al-Houthi said they would stop fighting to prevent further civilian casualties and the withdrawal was a gesture for peace,[101] but warned that if the Saudis were to continue fighting the Houthis would go over into open warfare. A Saudi general announced that the Houthis had stopped fighting and were not on Saudi land anymore and that in response the Saudis also stopped fighting saying, "The battle has ended by God's will."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Again , research . There is at least 2 countries where a central bank does not exist , Can you name them ? I did. And to add , what was the latest 2 countries to be added to the list that they are trying to protect today ? Which countries did the US contribute 2 billion dollars to , to get them started? (along with other nations contributing). Hint: look at the last "unjustified wars" (not my words)

edit on 10America/ChicagoWed, 22 Apr 2015 10:21:17 -0500America/Chicago430102117 by here4this because: Added info

And to keep from being off-topic this is my thoughts. It almost appears that the Saudis backed up for the US to move in. As there is a battlegoup trailing the Iranian fleet as we speak.
edit on 10America/ChicagoWed, 22 Apr 2015 10:23:41 -0500America/Chicago430102341 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Be prepared for aggressive Neocons and Zionists to try and tear you apart

You are completely right, bombs and bullets can't kill an idea

Idea for change, for freedom

actually thats not true,IF you kill off everyone who thinks that way.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer
There will be a false flag to get US mercenaries involved soon, It has to be as big as WMD or Anthrax or another plane down to get US involved though.

As far as I know a cease fire has already been issued, the war is over, and I believe Saudis said Hadi will still be in power.

Saudi-led coalition says military goals were achieved in air campaign and operation to protect civilians has begun.

A few hours after the coalition announcement, senior Houthi leaders said a political deal to end the conflict had almost been reached, the Reuters news agency reported.

"The coalition has completed the 'Decisive Storm' campaign at the request of the Yemeni government and the president of Yemen," Asiri said.

"The primary goals of the campaign have been achieved and sovereignty has been protected.

"We are able to confirm that the Houthis are no longer a threat to Yemenis or neighbouring countries.
"The Yemeni government will now undertake all necessary actions to start rebuilding the country."

Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Defence had earlier said that all heavy weapons and ballistic missiles belonging to the Houthis had been destroyed, that they had imposed restrictions over Yemen's airspace, and that any possible threats on the kingdom and neighbouring countries had been removed.

www.aljazeera.com...

Just trying to figure out where the OP is supported. Especially since they did not provide a single source.

Funny how the new user who made this thread has stated the exact opposite of Saudi's who have stated victory in public statements and official ones.

Talk about disinformation. The Saudi's would just claim a next phase without victory yet if they were so soundly defeated as the OP tries to claim.

US warships are effectively going to blockade Yemen and the Saudis have complete air control with a modern equipped army. They are not going to allow an Iranian puppet to control Yemen where they can launch proxy army raids into the Kingdom effectively setting up another base for Hezbollah.
you expect them to announce failure ? seriously ?

and why do you call me the "new user" ? i have a name for lord's sake .

Let me tell you why they failed again :

Per announcement of saudi new king , the goals of the operations was :

1- disarming houthis == > failed

2- returning of houthis to previous position ==> failed

3- return of hadi to throne ==> failed .

now i donno what does failure means in your dictionary , but in mine , this is failure .

The real question is : why do you support saudi in this ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join