It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan cheese (cheese substitute) is really getting good.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

I'm not vegan. But I don't eat meat or anything animal related. I eat only things that my body needs and is made by nature.

I'm not slave of the taste. I can eat really bad taste food. I don't eat sweets or anything that is there just to entertain my brain. And squeeze money from my pocket since I don't control my taste.

Maybe that why is Bill Gates entering in this business. To squeeze more money from puppets.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Try daiya. We love daiya in our house. And gardein has the best no soy meat replacement ever. Try making a fake cheese burger with these two products and you will only need the steak fries.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

We have incisors for a reason, no?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I can understand being vegan. My brother-in-law is vegan. He "converted" in his early 40's do to health reasons (high blood pressure and high cholesterol). Mind you I never thought of him as being overweight or out of shape. He describes himself as vegan-ish. He will eat breads and an occasional cookie even if it does have eggs and or butter in them. However, he would never eat a plate of eggs or put butter on toast, etc. Anyway I try and respect his dietary constraints. I try and make interesting dishes for him and my sister to eat (she's vegetarian). Its a fun challenge. If I do make cookies or breads I make a point of telling him if they are vegan or not. That way he can make his own decision about eating them.

What I don't understand in regards to vegans is why do you try and make vegan foods taste like meat or dairy (like vegan cheese?) and why do you call it that? Why not call vegan cheese something like vegan pizza topping or something similar? or vegan pork - seitan loaf? Call those things what they really are.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

There is no cheese substitute-only cheese.

You can buy a kit car that looks just like a Shelby but it is not a Shelby. I love my cheese and I can say with confidence that the real thing is far better than the processed monstrosities that fast food outlets use nowadays.

But then again it could only be a matter of time before our beloved foods are manufactured artificially and we will need to embrace the alternatives sooner or later. Until then I'm going to enjoy marinated fetta because there will be a time where it will no longer exists.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Yes, because what the world needs is more processed crap. Gawd, I can't imagine what that is doing to your body. Plus you are contributing to factories that harm the planet. Please think of the animals whose homes are being destroyed and environments are being polluted so you can have something that "tastes" like cheese. You are better of eating real cheese from a free range dairy that focus on the care, well being and quality of like of the animals.

I agree with the above. Vegan cheese is full of saturated fat, even Daiya is 50% processed oils. I can't stand any processed foods, they are all unnatural and full of chemicals. (I am not a vegetarian/vegan although in our house we do eat meat free twice a week because I don't believe in killing unnecessarily. )

Unfortunately all life takes life to survive and sometimes we take life without even knowing we do. If you have ever been to a farm you'd know how many small animals die when the land is prepared for crops, mainly mice, rabbits, moles, insects, snakes, etc. Sad, but true.

edit on 22-4-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Our bodies have incisors, yes, obviously. They are part and parcel of a predatory past. That was the past. The past is written in bloodshed. Continue that trend into the future with the aid of the W.M.D's in mankind's present possession and there will be no more incisors or even the gums to hold them in place. Time for an experiment to transform humanity's predatory nature into something more creative and less death orientated. If a non-carnivorous diet helps isn't it worth a try. It is very possible now more than ever. All the framework is in place along with permaculture-based communities. Throw down your guns, don't be so reckless.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Vegan products have come a long way in the past few years

Vegan is a lifestyle choice ... the reasons for choosing a Vegan diet are several

As meat eaters are not all the same nor are Vegans

Each to their own

mouthwateringvegan.com...

www.buteisland.com...

edit on 23-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
People can eat what they want IMO. It just gets iffy if they are trying to 'convert' others by taking a 'holier than thou' stance. Also everyBODY is different.

I love meat, I don't eat it too often but I love it, I have eaten it raw because it is so good. Sometimes my body NEEDS meat after a few days without.
However I am allergic against Almonds, if I eat just one, I end up with the worst cramps in my guts. So all this Almond milk stuff would really harm me. I am also allergic to fresh vegetables [nothing bad but I get an incredibly itchy nose and runny eyes]. I'd probably die on a vegan diet. [mostly from boredom probably but also because of allergies]

I can just about understand Vegetarians. I really can, I love animals but I also know that humans are omnivores.
We have not magically changed [as someone here said "that was in the past"]. I strongly believe that you can eat animals if they had a good life and a humane death [I try to buy only free-range], after all that is what nature is all about.

Veganism is alien to me. If you are ill and can't eat anything derived from animals at all, then that is one thing [even though you'd be speaking in 'fitness' terms of a complete failure of nature]. I noticed that "most" vegans are usually western middle-class people who do it because they are bored or attention seeking though. Usually people with no real actual problems in their life [food-wise speaking]. I can't see any starving person declining any real food and asking for a vegan diet instead...

If you grew up in a poor family where food was scarce, where a good peace of meat would have been a treat you see veganism as a complete folly and you appreciate the goodness of meat or cheese or milk or anything of actual value to your body.

I know as a [former] food scientist that fresh milk or cheese or a fresh peace of meat are far healthier [in moderation] than ANYTHING processed, and that includes especially any chemical mix that calls itself cheese when it isn't.

If it has more than one ingredient, you know it's not what Nature intended you to eat. Vegan or not.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have recently become vegetarian on moral rather that ethical grounds though I already find myself being way more mindful of what I eat.

My other half is considering veganism but still mulling it over. To be honest I do feel it is possible to source ethical dairy so I probably won't. I am not just talking about the stuff labelled as 'free range', but truly ethical and cruelty free. It does of course come with a price, but it's only our demand for more and more of the tasty stuff at lower and lower prices that has lead to the practices in the meat and dairy industry.

I will be trying some of the products named in the thread thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Are plants not alive? They have auras just as you and I. They grow. reproduce and feel trauma. Many respond visually to music. So killing plant life isn't a problem?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19263448]Aleister[/p

Thank you for mentioning quorn using egg whites.. It made me check my quorn fake turkey i bought for thanksgiving. Come to find out. It has milk protein in it. There goes that.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You prepared it in a microwave. That is a complete non-starter for me. In fact, it offsets any reason for going vegan in the first place. If vegan is to eat a healthier diet, well you just changed your vegan burgers and cheese into frankenfood. If you are doing it to help animals, then you are feeding nuked crap into the animal that should mean the most to you, yourself.

Throw out your microwave ovens people. they are hurting you far more than any diet is hurting you.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I just want yo say, I really appreciate this thread.

I have recently given up dairy and am looking for alternatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join