It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee governor amends 'Guns in Parking Lots' law to protect workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Now, pro-gun politicians say they have fixed the law.

“No employer shall discharge or take any adverse employment action against an employee solely for transporting or storing a firearm or firearms ammunition in an employer parking area,” reads an amended version of the bill, signed into law earlier this month by Haslam, a Republican.

Tennessee governor amends 'Guns in Parking Lots' law to protect workers

And in another of my recent gun advocate stories...it seems Tennessee has finally come back around to letting people have their rights back. It is a shame these types of stories are even out there...rights taken away that should not have been in the first place. The story should have been when they took them away, but at least it is getting coverage now.

I have been seeing a lot of positive headway in pro-gun stories and acts. Another win!

An estimated 500,000 residents of Tennessee have permits to carry guns, and in a state where hunting is popular, having guns secured inside a car is not uncommon. While employers usually would not know if cars in their parking lots contained firearms, there are ways it could be brought to their attention, according to University of Tennessee Law Professor Dwight Aarons.

“Maybe there’s a broken window in the car, or a drug sweep or somebody being careless where someone is talking too much, saying they have a gun in their car -- there are a thousand other different ways,” Aarons told FoxNews.com.

The amended bill had overwhelming support in Nashville’s GOP-dominated Statehouse, but was opposed by a coalition of groups that included Democrats, gun control advocates and the state Chamber of Commerce.

“It’s outrageous,” said House Democratic Caucus Chairman Mike Stewart, who told FoxNews.com businesses are now forced to allow people with weapons on their private property. “What’s next? Are we going to have a law that forces a family to let an armed person into their living room? Where does it stop?”

That last quote from Stewart kills me....yes, lets pass a law that forces a family to let an armed person into their living room, because that is the exact same as someone having a gun in their car.....stupid argument from an uninformed anti gun nut.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We lost 4 people last hunting season because a woman overheard them talking about going hunting after work. They sued the company and her because they were not actually parked on company property but city property that has a rule against city workers but not anybody else. They are back she quit and is suing because of a hostile work environment. I guess it was 2 years ago.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
We lost 4 people last hunting season because a woman overheard them talking about going hunting after work. They sued the company and her because they were not actually parked on company property but city property that has a rule against city workers but not anybody else. They are back she quit and is suing because of a hostile work environment. I guess it was 2 years ago.

That's sad. I guess with the advent of grocery stores, nobody needs to hunt anymore right? Down with fishing poles!!!!!

At least they were reinstated and she is gone!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
1. I see Democrats only seem to care about private property when it suits them.

2. Unfortunately, this is a bad area of the law to tamper with. If you're on private property, they should be able to kick you out for any reason or no reason at all.

new topics

top topics

join