It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama KNEW All Along Netanyahu Was Right About Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: WarminIndy

All of those things you mentioned are concerns we should have about ALL nations that have or seek nuclear technology. Why are we focusing on Iran? Why aren't we taking the same approach towards Pakistan, or Israel.

Politics. Pure politics.

Those very examples you gave are used as propaganda to drive-up fear against Iran in order to push a political agenda that is at odds with an energy-independent Iran.

Until the Iranians abroad begin to challenge it, then what can be said about them?

I am showing you directly what their Constitution says. The US Consitution says in its very first amendment "the right to religious expression, the right to free speech and the right of free press". How then can I say that I should be unpatriotic to America because I uphold those rights to all citizens?

Haman is an Islamic patriot. If he defends his country, then he is going to have to admit that his Constitution says these things. Here is an example...

Article 4 All civil, penal financial, economic, administrative, cultural, military, political, and other laws and regulations must be based on Islamic criteria. This principle applies absolutely and generally to all articles of the Constitution as well as to all other laws and regulations, and the fuqaha' of the Guardian Council are judges in this matter.

THAT is not freedom of religious expression, because it is to be dictated according to Islamic criteria.

Article 6 In the Islamic Republic of Iran, the affairs of the country must be administered on the basis of public opinion expressed by the means of elections, including the election of the President, the representatives of the Islamic Consultative Assembly, and the members of councils, or by means of referenda in matters specified in other articles of this Constitution.

That means that in Iran, you must vote your conscience as long as the Islamic Consultative Assembly tells you how to vote.

In the Islamic Republic of Iran, the freedom, independence, unity, and territorial integrity of the country are inseparable from one another, and their preservation is the duty of the government and all individual citizens. No individual, group, or authority, has the right to infringe in the slightest way upon the political, cultural, economic, and military independence or the territorial integrity of Iran under the pretext of exercising freedom. Similarly, no authority has the right to abrogate legitimate freedoms, not even by enacting laws and regulations for that purpose, under the pretext of preserving the independence and territorial integrity of the country.

That means that no Jewish person in Iran may ever ask for equal treatment, because it is against Islamic law. Do you see how this goes?

Article 13 Zoroastrian, Jewish, and Christian Iranians are the only recognized religious minorities, who, within the limits of the law, are free to perform their religious rites and ceremonies, and to act according to their own canon in matters of personal affairs and religious education.

Within the limits of the law...Islamic law, in personal affairs and religious education. That means legally a Jew, Zoroastrian or Christian can only be free to worship their way only within their community and never ask for equality under Islamic law.

Is this fair and equal?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would trust the country more if they had more young people in politics. I also would feel safer if they didn't put out videos of Islamic prophecy promoting the death of the Saudi King to bring forth whatever happens next in the "prophecy". Now I don't know if the government releases those videos but they have a very reckless president but I rather hear someone vocal than someone not saying anything at all. Usually the silent one will make a move first. They hang women and kidnap foreigners who enter their country and continue to make motions that will ultimately prove 'death to America' so you guys sticking up for Iran need to wake the f up. Nothing has changed but you.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Your response is irrelevant to the area of discussion you and I are engaging. You will have to take-up those issues with Haman.

I would like you to respond to the question as to why we are not applying the same criteria towards other nuclear-capable nations. Why do we focus on Iran?

Is this fair and equal?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

i tried really hard to not laugh at your latest desperate attempt , but then again , i could not .

Funny thing about Iranian constitution is that it's formed by Iran's parliament who has a direct representative of jews in the parliament regardless of their population .

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Reserved Parliament seats
After the Persian Constitutional Revolution, the Constitution of 1906 provided for reserved Parliamentary seats granted to the recognized religious minorities, a provision maintained after the 1979 Iranian Revolution. There are 2 seats for Armenians and one for each other minority: Assyrians, Jews and Zoroastrians

Now how many muslim representatives are existent in yours ?

www.al-monitor.com...#

===================================================

you wanted to use a to say that Iran oppresses its jewish community whereas the law is actually about atheists who promote atheism. it has nothing to do with jews .

for the fun part , i searched the word "jew" in the script :

edit on 22-4-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

You mean we don't have as many Muslims as you would like, so that is a problem? There is NOTHING that prevents Muslims from running for public office.

Show me where Muslims cannot in my country.

See, we don't have this wording "minority religions" in our Constitution. But yours does.

There is NOTHING that prevents atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Satanists, Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians, Flying Spaghetti Monster believers, Jedis or even Scientologists, from running for or obtaining public office.

In fact, we do not have separate communities for each of them. They all are equal and not minority in this country.

You act as though the United States is set up like your theocratic law, we are not. Everyone has been given the rights to exercise or not exercise their religion or lack of religion.

And the reason that atheists and Christians so often argue on this thread, we both have the equal right to complain about each other and the government.

You don't seem to understand, here, in one neighborhood there can be atheists, Jews, Christians and Muslims living beside each other, eating at the same restaurants and attending the same events. NOTHING prevents them.

Maybe you are just too used to theocratic rule that you can't really understand how it is here? We don't want theocratic rule, we accept that as part of our laws and our Constitution.

The British and the UK, they have a different system, they still allow freedom of worship or no worship, but they still have a monarchy, which Canada kind of leans toward. Canada has a voice in the UK parliament, as far as I am aware.

As we have no other higher authority than our Constitution, it is applied for everyone. Even the President has to abide by the Constitution, even if he thinks he doesn't.

Canada has been nice to you, so please return the favor to them. And please let Canadians teach you that there can be no such thing as minority religions in your country. Right now, as a Muslim, you are not prevented from anything in Canada and you would not be here either.

Why do you think you would be?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You actually tried to turn the fact that jews have representative in parliament back on me ? lol

you're one amazing hasbara , my friend . whitewraithe.wordpress.com...

Troll techniques

Turn up randomly asking question about Israel, trying to engage/educate.
Guilt by association, they point to some source your are linked to as being anti-semitic or neo-nazi.
Opportunity to redeem – the offer chance to recant from your naive ways.
Smears and insults – if the top 3 fail then it’s just character assassination.
Name bombing – using seo in blackhat ways to denounce and smear people. ie website with 37 mentions of someones name will prob get a Page one on Google.
Hasbara trolls generally follow the rules of social networks, because they want to continue to influence people and subvert open and free debate.

but here is another part that you'll find interesting :

"Al-Monitor: A while back, Netanyahu spoke in front of the US Congress about the ancient enmity that exists between the Iranians and the Jews. What is your opinion on this matter as an Iranian Jew who shares his religion with Mr. Netanyahu.

Moreh Sedgh: I don’t like to be associated with Mr. Netanyahu. Mr. Netanyahu is not the representative of all the world's Jewry. But regarding Iranians and the Jews, the way the Jews were treated in Iran, especially during the Islamic period, is exemplary. Jewish Iranians lived comfortably in Iran during the Islamic period. During the darkest times in Jewish history in Europe, such as the Middle Ages and World War II, not only did Iran remain a safe place for Jewish Iranians, but it also became a refuge for some of the European Jews who fled Europe.

Today, we can see the gravestones of Jewish clerics, in places such as Yazd and Kashan, who had immigrated to Iran during the Middle Ages. In the Jewish cemetery in Tehran, there are a lot of gravestones belonging to Polish Jews who fled the Holocaust during World War II and immigrated to Iran. As a Jew, I proudly say that today the safest synagogues in the world are in Iran. There is no synagogue in Europe that does not require special security. This is not the case in Iran, and historically it has never been the case either."

Read more: www.al-monitor.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
You actually tried to turn the fact that jews have representative in parliament back on me ? lol

you're one amazing hasbara , my friend . whitewraithe.wordpress.com...

Troll techniques

Turn up randomly asking question about Israel, trying to engage/educate.
Guilt by association, they point to some source your are linked to as being anti-semitic or neo-nazi.
Opportunity to redeem – the offer chance to recant from your naive ways.
Smears and insults – if the top 3 fail then it’s just character assassination.
Name bombing – using seo in blackhat ways to denounce and smear people. ie website with 37 mentions of someones name will prob get a Page one on Google.
Hasbara trolls generally follow the rules of social networks, because they want to continue to influence people and subvert open and free debate.

but here is another part that you'll find interesting :

"Al-Monitor: A while back, Netanyahu spoke in front of the US Congress about the ancient enmity that exists between the Iranians and the Jews. What is your opinion on this matter as an Iranian Jew who shares his religion with Mr. Netanyahu.

Moreh Sedgh: I don’t like to be associated with Mr. Netanyahu. Mr. Netanyahu is not the representative of all the world's Jewry. But regarding Iranians and the Jews, the way the Jews were treated in Iran, especially during the Islamic period, is exemplary. Jewish Iranians lived comfortably in Iran during the Islamic period. During the darkest times in Jewish history in Europe, such as the Middle Ages and World War II, not only did Iran remain a safe place for Jewish Iranians, but it also became a refuge for some of the European Jews who fled Europe.

Today, we can see the gravestones of Jewish clerics, in places such as Yazd and Kashan, who had immigrated to Iran during the Middle Ages. In the Jewish cemetery in Tehran, there are a lot of gravestones belonging to Polish Jews who fled the Holocaust during World War II and immigrated to Iran. As a Jew, I proudly say that today the safest synagogues in the world are in Iran. There is no synagogue in Europe that does not require special security. This is not the case in Iran, and historically it has never been the case either."

Read more: www.al-monitor.com...

Was he talking to me?

Apparently this guy knows nothing about the host country Canada nor the United States nor Israel nor the United Kingdom and only thinks the propaganda he heard on state run tv is correct.

Right now, even the Russians think Iranians are nuts. And that's saying a lot about Russia!

Are Jews permitted the right to political office in Iran? Can a JEW ever run for President of Iran? Can a Christian ever run for President of Iran?

Would you, oh great bastion of freedom and equality, would YOU ever vote for a Jew to be President of Iran?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: IAMTAT

Despite popular belief, none of our presidents have been fools and Obama is no exception.

I can only imagine that a nuclear armed Iran is desirable somehow to this administration or as part of a long term projection by our military in general, ultimately inevitable.

I really don't get it but, I can see how it accelerates the showdown between sunni and shia, one of the possible explanations.

Because a nuclear armed IRan can bring much stability to the middle east. Kind of like IRAQ use to. We can't do it, we need help. IRAN is now willing to work with us. See results.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They have 20,000 centrifuges for peaceful purposes and intent...sure, sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It is estimated the alternative ground invasion would have cost casualties in the millions to both sides.

Given that one of my grandfathers was a ground pounder slated to be in the first wave of that planned invasion where the casualty rates were expected to be in the 90% or higher range ... I will not second guess our history or the choices made. To do so is to basically wish I would have never been born.

I believe it was Oliver Stone who proved that myth about millions of dead on both sides was just wrong. Please check his documentary 'Untold History of US', it was on Showtime.

In there you will find another starling truth, there is one country that fights proxy wars for decades, including civil war in Greek, South America, Asia... guess what's country name...

Very informative and covers period of end of second world war up to current president and drone program.

As for OP, I remember PMs picture with timeline of Iran's nuclear bomb... it was like 10-20 years ago... news like this tells ore about news outlet then real story...
edit on 22-4-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: introvert

They have 20,000 centrifuges for peaceful purposes and intent...sure, sure.

Every nuclear armed nation has centrifuges. Last I checked their nuclear weapons were purely defensive.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: ketsuko
It is estimated the alternative ground invasion would have cost casualties in the millions to both sides.

Given that one of my grandfathers was a ground pounder slated to be in the first wave of that planned invasion where the casualty rates were expected to be in the 90% or higher range ... I will not second guess our history or the choices made. To do so is to basically wish I would have never been born.

I believe it was Oliver Stone who proved that myth about millions of dead on both sides was just wrong. Please check his documentary 'Untold History of US', it was on Showtime.

In there you will find another starling truth, there is one country that fights proxy wars for decades, including civil war in Greek, South America, Asia... guess what's country name...

Very informative and covers period of end of second world war up to current president and drone program.

As for OP, I remember PMs picture with timeline of Iran's nuclear bomb... it was like 10-20 years ago... news like this tells ore about news outlet then real story...

Oliver Stone "proved" nothing. He "believes" lots of things. Even Japan does not deny how bad an invasion would have been. Here's an idea: instead of only watching things and reading things that confirm your existing beliefs, maybe you should research ALL ANGLES of the story. The America bashing around here is hilarious in its naivety.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

What do you know about centrifuges and the difference in what is used for energy and what is used for the bomb?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
Oliver Stone "proved" nothing. He "believes" lots of things. Even Japan does not deny how bad an invasion would have been. Here's an idea: instead of only watching things and reading things that confirm your existing beliefs, maybe you should research ALL ANGLES of the story. The America bashing around here is hilarious in its naivety.

And we are to believe you more then someone who did research and provided all needed for audience to make their own mind about issue?!

You can't be serious.

BTW, in that documentary, that you clearly have not seen, you can actually see Japanise side of the story as well.

I am sure that you researched all angles... from this side...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Their story is to use nuclear power for energy not defensive or offensive strikes. And that doesn't take 20,000 centrifuges.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Obviously more than you.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Pretty easy to just make that claim with out showing it huh?

It is your claim those 20k are being used for the bomb, care to enlighten?
edit on ndWed, 22 Apr 2015 15:19:29 -0500America/Chicago420152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Aazadan

Their story is to use nuclear power for energy not defensive or offensive strikes. And that doesn't take 20,000 centrifuges.

Which is precisely why Obama is calling them out with this deal. Under the terms of it, they won't be able to refine material for a weapon. They'll be stuck with the claim of nuclear energy.

Speaking of which, nuclear power still requires refining the material which is done through centrifuges. It just doesn't need to be refined to as high a purity.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why hasn't this thread title been changed for blatant propaganda / inaccurate or completely devoid of source article with same title?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here`s a snippet of another one of Larry Kings interviews with Ahmadinejad.

The hypocrisy of King is evident.
In the full interviews Ahmadinejad answers all questions thrown at him with full explanations but King constantly ignores
these answers and in my opinion is made to look a fool.

The man has the decency to come over to the US on numerous occasions to counter these accusations yet even when he explains the truth, it`s just ignored and the hypocrisy continues.
Watch his interviews with King.....
Watch his speeches at the united nations where he goes into detail of the plans for Iran.......

You`d think Iran...not Germany committed the atrocities on the Jewish people and that Ahmadinejad was Hitler because before he even enters the room so many delegates from the bullying nations walk out.
These are all tactics for the viewing public to soak in......and sadly it works.

Iran have done nothing but been lied about.
Even when Ahmadinejad said Israel should be taken off the map of the world, his words were twisted and has gone down in history that he said they will be wiped off the planet.
It`s all lies and people need to stop worrying about Iran, Iraq, Syria etc and look in their own backyard !

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join