It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Atheists Attack mainly Christians and Muslims but not Jews?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Entreri06

its not that they embrace the theory of evolution, they just dont fight it quite as loudly and ardently as other groups. they will maintain that in the end, evolution or not, god was still in charge. thats why you see some people on here insisting that creationism and evolution are compatible.

Which to me is fine!!! Logical ? Nope but not dangerous... Normal evangelicals can be very dangerous...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

They are not 100% excluded as this billboard that was put out targeted them specifically.

BIllboard

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Do you know what else exist? Atheists living in the Muslim dominated part of the world being critical of Muslim.

Atheism explodes in Saudi Arabia, despite state-enforced ban

A Saudi journalist in Riyadh has observed the same trend.

“The idea of being irreligious and even atheist is spreading because of the contradiction between what Islamists say and what they do,” he said.

But the greater willingness to privately admit to being atheist reflects a general disillusionment with religion and what one Saudi called “a growing notion” that religion is being misused by authorities to control the population. This disillusionment is seen in a number of ways, ranging from ignoring clerical pronouncements to challenging and even mocking religious leaders on social media.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wait... you've actually seen an atheist attack or say something negative about the religion of Islam? That's a rare thing indeed! 99.9% of the time atheism is just an excuse to bash Christianity.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is very interesting.

I have no problem with Muslims becoming atheists.
It begins a process; that can lead them to the correct path

edit on 6-5-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Why Islam Is More Violent Than Christianity: An Atheist’s Guide

No God, not even Allah

Here's an article from a Muslim complaining about atheists attacking Islam too much like you are doing about atheists and Christianity.
Why the New Atheists Need to Stop Slamming Islam

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I live in the US, so my view of religious influence is limited to what I see.
What I see is predominantly right wing Christian groups trying to influence education, healthcare, laws, employment, government, public spaces, and even affairs of the heart based on their adherence to bronze age mythology.

When you call them on it, they whine that they are being persecuted. They are not, they are being reminded that they don't deserve special privileges.

The broadcast, cable, and satellite TV channels are full of mega-churches spouting right wing political rhetoric, yet they never seem to lose their tax exemptions.... That's privilege. It's wrong, but they seem to slip through the loopholes they created by lobbying! When you cry foul, they are suddenly being 'persecuted.'

Attacking homosexuals, attacking science, attacking women's reproductive rights, attacking health care rights, insisting on the adoption of their initiatives based on the same bronze age mythology is somehow not persecuting. That's their right, apparently. That's their 'god-given' right, apparently.
When you don't like it, and tell them to stop, it's you persecuting them.

Because someone believes something to be true; because many people believe something to be true, does not make it so.

If you have faith that's personal, then I wish you well. If you think your set of religious beliefs should influence the lives of others in order to please your deity, you really don't belong in this century, or society.

That we need to remind adults, in 2015, that not everyone believes in fairytales is baffling.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Because the last time Athiests attacked Jews, # got out of hand...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hm, Xtians always want to pass laws to stop me from marrying or loving who i want, or what plants I want to smoke, or what music I want to listen to, so that I have no choice but to be like them.

Muslims want to stop me from doing all that stuff too, but they are willing to blow me up to get me to stop.

Jews are cool with me doing pretty much whatever I want as long as it's not giving Palestinians their own plot of land.

That about cover it?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Do you have proof of the "correctness" of this path? Oris it more of the UPG you seem to love?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Do you have proof of the "correctness" of this path? Oris it more of the UPG you seem to love?

UPG
Acronym Definition
UPG Upgrade
UPG Universal Power Group (Carrollton, TX)
UPG Union du Peuple Gabonais (French: Gabonese People's Union; political party)
UPG University of Pittsburgh At Greensburg (Pennsylvania)
UPG Union do Povo Galego
UPG Union for Progress of Guinea
UPG Ujung Pandang, Indonesia - Hasanudin (Airport Code)
UPG Unverified Personal Gnosis
UPG Unified Purchasing Group (group purchasing organization)
UPG United Physicians Group
UPG Unión Patriótica Guatemalteca (Guatemalan Patriotic Union)
UPG Ultra-Pure Germanium (radiology/radioactivity/gamma-ray spectrometry)
UPG United Pet Group (Cincinnati, OH)

acronyms.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Unverified Personal Gnosis

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Unverified Personal Gnosis

Seriously!

What the hell does that mean?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
dp
edit on 8-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Unverified personal gnosis (often abbreviated UPG) is the concept that an individual's spiritual insights (or gnosis) may be valid but can not be proven (hence unverified). Thus Blue_Jay33s "true path" is UPG. He can not prove it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Unverified personal gnosis (often abbreviated UPG) is the concept that an individual's spiritual insights (or gnosis) may be valid but can not be proven (hence unverified). Thus Blue_Jay33s "true path" is UPG. He can not prove it.

OK, thanks.

Personal faith - - God can not be proven. Or dis-proven.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

OK, this is a bit confusing.

Your link takes you to this:

a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is very interesting.

I have no problem with Muslims becoming atheists.
It begins a process; that can lead them to the correct path

I don't think that is what you are responding to.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

OK, thanks.

Personal faith - - God can not be proven. Or dis-proven.

anything that capitalizes on the margin of plausible deniability rather than actually providing reasonable evidence to support itself, is something that probably has no reasonable evidence to support itself.

particularly when every other well-respected theory to date DOES provide more than reasonable evidence.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yeah it is. Note the "correct path" bit. Unsubstantial in its totality.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06
Have you ever heard a Jew or Muslim deny evolution?

Actually, yes.

Muslim creationist Adnan Oktar challenges scientists to prove evolution

It's probably a bit rarer amongst Jews, but some orthodox Jews are opposed to evolution - see Creationism / Evolution in Jewish Thought and Wiki: Jewish Opposition to Darwinian Theory

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join