It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Atheists Attack mainly Christians and Muslims but not Jews?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think you would find that if Judaism were more (in your face) evangelical in their preachings then they would be subjected to more scrutiny.

To me Judaism seems benign in their public message, but door knocking evangelists seem more malignant in nature. Flag waving extremists seem more malignant in nature. Anybody who points a finger in my face and calls me a sinner or a heathen will be more prone to attacks by me.

I may be considered a sinner in the eyes of the Jewish faith, but they don't knock on my door while I'm eating dinner to tell me that.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Twenty38
I may be considered a sinner in the eyes of the Jewish faith, but they don't knock on my door while I'm eating dinner to tell me that.

Pork chops?

The point is valid though.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ah, ok, I see that. In Qatar I was thirsty for a beer. In Israel I woke up hung over. True true.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

How can the Americans think for a second that God's choose people are the ones that would prevent them from eating bacon and cheeseburgers.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

How can the Americans think for a second that God's choose people are the ones that would prevent them from eating bacon and cheeseburgers.

I saw a black comedian last week. He said that "Some people don't do bacon for religious reasons. I don't do religion for bacon reasons."

Don't forget that Muslims don't eat pork either. The poor folks.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I personally see through the B.S., all religions included.

Do I attack any one specific religion? No

Do I attack any religion? depends on the argument at hand, which is why I avoid the same old song and dance.

Does one specific religion constantly attack my views, demanding that I explain them? Yes

Why is is so hard for a person of religous beliefs to think outside the box?

edit on 21-4-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Because they have been educated to only think inside the box. Outside thinking is blasphemous. The box is their faith and if it is wrong then their reality is shattered. Therefore they can't afford to think outside the box.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Because they have been educated to only think inside the box. Outside thinking is blasphemous. The box is their faith and if it is wrong then their reality is shattered. Therefore they can't afford to think outside the box.

That is not in tune with the search for knowledge and understanding.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I know, but how else can you explain religious people discounting valid science so that they can continue to believe in their mythology?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Very true. If I am debating with a Christian, pretty much everything they say or reply back with is scripture. I could post a million academic articles but they won't read a single one.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I personally see through the B.S., all religions included.

Do I attack any one specific religion? No

Do I attack any religion? depends on the argument at hand, which is why I avoid the same old song and dance.

Does one specific religion constantly attack my views, demanding that I explain them? Yes

Why is is so hard for a person of religous beliefs to think outside the box?

Because...

...it's not allowed.
edit on 4/21/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Very true. If I am debating with a Christian, pretty much everything they say or reply back with is scripture. I could post a million academic articles but they won't read a single one.

It's not just Christians I'm talking about here. Religious fundamentalists of all types do this. Christians, Muslims, Scientologists. Heck even believers in pseudo-sciences do this as well: Ghosts, UFO's, Bigfoot, Atlantis, NWO, truthers, chemtrails. These are all pseudo-religions making assumptions that HAVE to be true for the rest of their theory to be true. Except these assumptions come from no where and aren't falsifiable.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

God abandoned the Jews when he let the Temple and the Ark be destroyed. Ever since then, Judaism is all about trying to get back into God's good graces. Unfortunately, he's not a "forgive and forget" type.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I saw a black comedian last week. He said that "Some people don't do bacon for religious reasons. I don't do religion for bacon reasons."

Why was it necessary to include that particular detail regarding the race of the comedian?

Funny joke tho! My days seem to be smoother when I consume bacon in the morning.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

As a result, there is no discussion with a Christian, and that makes them the second worst thing after homicidal... BORING.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Why was it necessary to include that particular detail regarding the race of the comedian?

Yes. I give credit where it's due.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

I'm a Spiritualistic Atheist' (Yes that does work) and I have to admit to hating on the 'Muslims' a lot because of what they are doing at present and have been doing since I joined this site! Christians at this moment in time are either fighting because the Muslims are after them or they are leaving their Country's because of the Muslims!

The Jews have never bothered me although they are fightng against them 'Muslims' over in Israel and have had to flee from other Country's such as 'France' because of those 'Muslims', so thats why I hate on the 'Muslims' mostly when the topic arises.

Yes, yes yes... I know... it is the Religion of peace and not all Muslims are Fanatics!!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

As many of you know as you come to sites like this or any forum that discusses christianity and atheism, the topics usually discussed are usually about the credibility of whether or not Jesus existed or how extreme Islam is but no one touches Judaism? I am just curious why.

By reading the replies so far, it seems to be almost a consensus opinion that peoples arguments arise from who is vocally arguing back. Christians feel the need to argue because that is a part of their religious mandate. "Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven." Matt. 10:33. This is a very strong motivator toward being vocal.

Religious (Talmudic) Judaism does not have a compulsion to vocally defend its beliefs to the ignorant masses. In fact teaching Torah to Goyim is expressly forbidden; that would include argumentatively defending against attack. The attitude of the religious Jew would be, "They are excluded from the age to come anyway, and I don't care." Zero motivation translates to near zero participation in debate and argument. Therefore, nothing for atheists or non-Talmudic religious people to react to in an argumentative manner.

Now let's look at what Judaism in general, Worldwide Jewry is all about.

Here is B'nai B'rith, self identified as "the largest and most active Jewish body in the world"

B'nai B'rith was founded in 1843 in New York at a time when American Jewry was greatly divided on theological, ethical and ideological grounds. Jews from many different backgrounds seemed unable - or unwilling - to get along together.

In 1843, twelve German Jewish immigrants resolved to found a society which would be based on the teachings of Judaism, but free from everything dogmatic or doctrinaire. This association would develop a mutual understanding and respect among all the segments of the Jewish community.
Who We Are

Notice "free from everything dogmatic or doctrinaire", that isn't surprising seeing as a large percentage of the charter members were atheists.

And yet what is considered teachings of Judaism which all Jews, including atheists, can rally around?

"B'nai B'rith has taken upon itself the mission of uniting Jews in the work of promoting their highest interests and those of humanity; developing and elevating the mental and moral character of the people of our faith; of inculcating the purest principles of philanthropy, honour and patriotism; of supporting science and art; alleviating the wants of the poor and the needy; visiting and caring of the sick; coming to the rescue of victims of persecution; providing for, protecting and assisting the aged, the widow and orphan on the broadest principles of humanity."

To paraphrase: For the Jew first, and also for the Gentile. To add some spin: "For the Jews ruling over the world's spheres of influence for the benefit of the rest." ie. benevolent rulers. Pure Talmudic teaching.

Public bragging point:

Continuously playing a key role in communal leadership, B'nai B'rith at the UN led the way in the rescinding of the 1994 Zionism equals Racism 1994 Resolution and also initiated the campaign for a UN Commissioner on Human Rights.

And yet, when the Jewish Commissioner on Human Rights wanted to investigate alleged criminal activity associated with "Cast Lead" he was denied access and publically vilified. And thanks to "communal leadership" we can't equate Zionism with Racism and still be considered civilized human beings.

The Core Objectives of B'nai B'rith

◾To foster friendship through social, cultural and recreational programmes.
◾To support the State of Israel and world Jewry.
. . .

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Awesome replies, some thought provoking and informative.

There is that speculation that there will be a one world religion and its master will sit in Israel but only after a major war. The battle of Armageddon begins in the valley of Megiddo in Israel.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
Awesome replies, some thought provoking and informative.

There is that speculation that there will be a one world religion and its master will sit in Israel but only after a major war. The battle of Armageddon begins in the valley of Megiddo in Israel.

Agnostic says:

Personally I think you need to relax.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join