It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Pilkington meets David Icke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I just ran across an interesting short film about Karl Pilkington and his quest to understand intelligent people. At about the 11 minute mark, he has a discussion with the infamous David Icke. The film manages to paint him in both a positive and negative light; the introduction to the segment is marked by Karl saying he is going to meet a man who claims to have had his "mind opened up" and received a lot of knowledge, and it "turned his life upside down."

David tries to convince Karl that Karl IS in fact intelligent, and that he should not aspire to be more like conventionally educated people. I found the exchange to be a fascinating look at both figures. I thought I would share, given David Icke's notoriety on this forum, and to share my love of Karl Pilkington.

edit on 21-4-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Icke may have recieved a lot criticism from some quarters, but he also speaks quite a bit of truth on a wide variety of issues, he's also garnered quite a following on the touring circuit for that very reason.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
blocked in my country for copyrights!

to 4OD!!!!!

Im going to make the effort to see this because Karl has such a calm and sensible (some times strange at first) out look on life.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It is funny that he is trying to find out if being more intelligent will make him more happy but sees that it won't, yet he is a miserable sod and wants to be a happier pig. I liked how David talked to him and how Karl thinks and sees the world is not wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Also the part about putting in quotes, being able to recall some tidbits, and even brought up with David how he does it, I would have said, when you write things out, (and David Icke is very wordy, have 2 of his nearly 1000 page books and am still making headway on them, in fact its hard to finish because its what I already think basically so its like singing to the choir, but will get through them), but the act of research and taking notes, saving, writing tidbits down, creates a situation where you can learn it.

I think many of us learn this way, IQ notwithstanding.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Karl Pilkington is one of my favorite people. He has a lot of strange and funny things to say. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A nice little chat there...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't really have anything to say about him meeting David Icke. I actually found what Icke said to be very true.

The last guy he met though is so full of ****. It's those types of "intellectuals" Karl and I despise. The "I am holier than thou and you aren't worth my time" attitude. The truth is Knowledge and Ignorance don't breed hapiness. What does is spending time doing things you enjoy, which breeds learning and expertise naturally. You wouldn't willingly spend time doing something unless you want to know more about and get better at it.

top topics

join