It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Bergersen (Tag: JustyC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm a huge epic music fan, and for the last four years, I've yet to hear a better composer than Thomas Bergersen. The albums Cry and Illusions are, IMO, stunning. He is leagues ahead of most film and TV composers nowadays.

Here are a few of my favourites. As is with most epic music, the scores build up, so you'll need to hear each track in its entirety to fully appreciate it. Let me know what you think.

Cry

Aura

Dreammaker

Sun

Promise

Before Time

Creation of Earth

Final Frontier

Always Mine

Two Hearts

This next track, is a nod to Ennio Morricone "Gabriel's Oboe".

In Paradisum

(Excuse the odd thread title, which is used because of the hopeless personal message system used on here nowadays)

edit on 21-4-2015 by Meduzi because:

edit on 21-4-2015 by Meduzi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I really like his stuff. He has a track called "Remember Me" that's really good.
I have a problem with the "Epic" title as a music genre.
I see people on YT referring to every movie or video game soundtrack as "epic music."

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here it is. More beautiful than I even remembered. The track you posted "Promise" is also quite beautiful.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have to admit that I've jumped wholeheartedly onto that bandwagon. I used to simply call these pieces "Film scores".

I love "Remember Me" and it should be on the list, but there are so many amazing tracks that I had to stop or I'd never have finished!

"Promise" is the track that that has received the most attention, on my VK page.

There are only two things that really lift me. Love (along with adoration for another, even when I've not fully understood that person), and music. Quite often, as do some of these tracks, one, reminds me, of the other.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Meduzi because:

top topics

join