It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite lower crime rates, support for gun rights increases

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: macman
I do love your typical Anti-2nd responses, where you use the "ad hominess" attack statement and the whole you are for responsible ownership.

So if I am pro-responsible, this means that ad-hominem attacks are justified.

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I took the liberty of going back through numerous threads and have found the same "trick" used in almost all of them.

So, not only are you STILL posting WAY off-topic posts, now you are also stalking me?!

originally posted by: macman
It goes back to the basis of this:

We, those that value the 2nd and all other Rights, don't push to control the actions of others.

Those, that are against any or all Rights will continually push to control everyone else.

Plain and simple. Typically it is out of fear that people vie to control others. Sometimes, it is just the want and lust for power.

Sure. If I am pro-responsible ownership, then surely it means I am in lust for power and I wish for the total enslavement of USA.

And yes, I am fully aware of the difference between anti-gun and being a responsible owner.

I did not say "aware". I said "recognize", as in, "acknowledge the difference".

This...

originally posted by: Answer
That's what most anti-gun folks say so, you're right... it's a little tough to tell the difference.

The most hardcore anti-gun politicians have all said "I'm not against the 2nd Amendment or people's right to own guns for hunting, I just want sensible restrictions..."

...is not acknowledging at all.

I think this thread has run its course. Until now I have seen form you guys quite a few different kinds of tactics which are hardly contributive to ATS as a discussion board:

1). Ganging up on individuals who have different opinions
2). Ad hominem attack under the form of hostility towards members based on off-topic information ("your edit tag is anomalous - therefore the entire point is invalid") and/or nationality ("you're British - therefore your point is invalid")
3). Stalking so to find further basis for more ad-hominem attacks
4). Denial that such ad-hominem attacks were carried out (even though two moderators repetitively witnessed such attacks and warned several times against it, not to mention deleted posts which contained such attacks)
5). Ad hominem attack under the form of prejudice of posters which disagree with you ("if you are pro-responsible ownership then it means you are anti-gun").

I just want to inform you that I have informed of your general hostile behaviour to the mods.

says the poster who accuses gun owners of being children drooling over toys and wanting to be characters in hollywood. I doubt mods are very impressed with your ad-hominem accusations as they come off as whiny.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Spare me and everyone else.

The whole "Pro responsible" BS is about as transparent as anything else pitched out of the Ant-2nd crowd.

And the "poor me" routine makes me oh so sad. You are ganged up on because you want to control others, plain and simple.

The 2nd is very clear in what is stated and what the Right is.

Don't want to "feel" ganged up on? Don't push to control others.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So who is of sound mind that you subscribe to? Also, what's up with getting your feelings hurt and going to the MOD's? I haven't read anything that would warrant that if it was me that people were responding to. But then again I don't know your past, maybe you have been hurt by someone, if that's the case I hope you get better

a reply to: swanne

edit on 1-5-2015 by Gundog55 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I was in Baltimore, a city with some of the most stringent gun laws in the Country, when the riots began. We saw what happens when thugs take over and liberal politicians will not let the police protect individual property. The result is anarchy. When the political structure cannot protect people, it is up to the people to defend themselves. Weakening of the 2nd amendment will only lead to more of what we are seeing from our large inner cities. reply to: Gundog55

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To get it to become a reality they started riots nationwide. I hope everyone is watching closely.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When your guns are gone, so are you.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You are correct. Look at the thugs that become the reason for riots. ie. Michael Brown etc.
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I am a big supporter of gun rights.

I am not. Guns are objects and doesn't think, and for precisely that reason I don't believe that guns should have any rights.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join