It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite lower crime rates, support for gun rights increases

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The numbers on "Mass Shootings" and other incidents in The US 2015.

CLICK ME (Source)

Mass Shooting2: 71

CLICK ME 2 ( Incidents)
edit on 21-4-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: Answer

Several countries have gun laws that are less-strict or on the same level as the U.S. and those countries also don't have as many shooting sprees. It's not about guns, it's mental health or something else... but not guns or access to guns.

Yes i agree there are several countries with less strict gun laws where the people living there are more civilized and therefore can be trusted with gun ownership. Its unfortunate that people in your country cant be trusted in the same way. All the more reason for tighter gun control. Thanks for point that out.

So I guess people in your country cant be trusted at all?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No that would be a mass killing not a mass shooting. Come on try harder and pay attention lol

Considering there is no definition for a 'mass shooting' you are the one who is going to have to try harder. But we have no doubt you will fabricate something else shortly. The reddit link is erroneous as they are using their own definition to drive a biased agenda.

The FBI defines mass murder as murdering four or more persons during an event with no "cooling-off period" between the murders. "Serial Murder - Federal Bureau of Investigation". Fbi.gov. Retrieved 2012-03-07.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The attacks in china are isolated events just a couple of years when mass shootings in the USA happen on a daily basis.

And what of human rights violations?

If my choices were repressive China or 'gun crazy' America it would not even be a remotely close contest.

Ah sry , i thought we were comparing mass killings by guns in the USA to mass killings by other means in communist china. You want to comparing mass killings by guns in the USA to what now? General oppression by the government?? Youve totally lost me there dude lol

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Youve totally lost me there dude lol

You are lost because you do not understand that you are fabricating figures and definitions and providing links to sites that do the same. That is what biased, agenda-driven persons do when they argue a meritless point.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

www.wmcactionnews5.com...

Fist link on the page sounds like run of the mill crime to me. 2 guys get in an argument one gets back on the bus. The other guy after flashing guns before the bus left followed in his car. He then pulled along side the bus and tried to shoot the guy he was just verbally arguing with. Stupid guy commits a crime not intending to shoot 5 people just the one. He just went about it in a stupid manner. Explain to me how this is comparable to say Columbine?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

At reddit they have this to say

The most obscene incidents of gun violence usually do not make the mainstream news at all. Why? Because their definition is incorrect. The mainstream news meaning of "Mass Shooting" should more accurately be described as "Mass Murder".

The old FBI definition of Mass Murder (not even the most recent one) is four or more people murdered in one event. It is therefore only logical that a Mass Shooting is four or more people shot in one event.

So while the FBI dont fully recognize the term the numbers have to be at least 4 for killings to be 'mass' so 4 shooting would be mass as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No im lost because you tried to comparing mass killings by guns in the USA to what now? General oppression by the government. How is that a comparison?

edit on 21-4-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So while the FBI dont fully recognize the term the numbers have to be at least 4 for killings to be 'mass' so 4 shooting would be mass as well.

Thank you for proving my point. You used a site that is biased and affords you the fictitious definition you require to support your agenda and bias. If the FBI wanted to call it that, they would.

edit on 21-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

And as I have just shown by actually reading some of those links on reddit, which you are either trying to mislead us with or never read yourself, that they are a lot of cases of people doing stupid things that get many killed not that those people intended to go kill a bunch of people indiscriminately or even the fact they intended to kill more than the guy they targeted.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No im lost because you tried to comparing mass killings by guns in the USA to what now? General oppression by the government. How is that a comparison?

No, I just found it comical that you would make a comparision between one of, if not the largest, human rights violators of its citizens rights (China) and say, 'Awww, deemz Chineez is so peacefulz, dayz not ever killz dayz neighborz' when the goddamn Chinese government represses all of them. Of course they are 'peaceful', they are in a friggin totalitarian regime.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Actually it was The OP who made the comparison www.abovetopsecret.com...

i think he is on your side of the argument.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point. You used a site that is biased and affords you the fictitious definition you require to support your agenda and bias. If the FBI wanted to call it that, they would.

Reporting facts is not bias.

But if you like you can replace the term 'mass' with '4 or more' either way it doesn't change the facts and figures and lets be realistic here what is reported on reddit is just what people who use reddit and know about that page happen to report. the figures are probably higher.

So as for your incorrect claim that i am fabricating figures it would seem your accusation is the incorrect statement. Unless you want to try to say none of those reports that are linked to actual news stories are somehow lies?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

mass shootings in the USA happen on a daily basis.

Yet another lie. Please retract your statement.

If you want to have this debate, why can't you stick to facts like the rest of us instead of blatantly lying?

Hmm if you want facts you could check the reddit page that catalogs mass shootings in the USA. Agreed there might be the odd day or two where no mass shootings happen but on other days there can be 3,4 or 5 which would easily make up enough for an average of one a day.

www.reddit.com...

Blatantly lying? No just stating the facts, but its your right to ignore them if you wish.

Yes, you're blatantly lying. You are not stating facts.

Your page lists instances of 1 person killed and 1 person injured or even ZERO people killed and 2 wounded as a mass shooting.

The FBI defines a mass shooting as 4 or more victims. You are lying.

The U.K. is known for its very very strict gun laws but it rates much higher than the U.S. in terms of sexual assault victims, robbery, car theft, personal property theft, and murder.

See, those are facts. People outside the U.S. love to point their fingers and talk about gun crime while ignoring the MASSIVE crime problems they have in their own countries. Guns are an easy target.

People look at the country with 310,000,000 guns and say "wow, look at all those shooting deaths! Someone should ban guns over there!" without a hint of irony.

One more time: Passing laws to restrict gun ownership does nothing to reduce crime rates. Period.

edit on 4/21/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/21/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Which was to address your request for 'mass stabbings'. His prior comments were addressing the high rate of stabbings in London.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sure you are. Start with a 'fact' and give me the definition of a 'mass shooting'.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Soooo..show me where i said 'killings'. You do understand the difference between shootings and killings dont you? lol

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Which was to address your request for 'mass stabbings'. His prior comments were addressing the high rate of stabbings in London.

Yes exactly..in London, Not china or how oppressed it is by their government.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The only criminal the 2nd amendment was written for was the overreaching zealots bent on tyranny.

Crime rate could be at 0%, but the relevance of the 2nd amendment wouldn't change as it is there to keep in check tyranny from all political parties.

Derek

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Sure you are. Start with a 'fact' and give me the definition of a 'mass shooting'.

That was already covered, try to keep up lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to replace the term 'mass' for '4 or more' if it makes you feel any better.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join