It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students in PA High School dress in flannel; pin Bible verses to students lockers for Anti-Gay Day

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Anyafaj

I'd like to say that Rocker DOES have a point. Daily Mail is a rather poor source of information. I'm not saying this didn't happen, but whenever you find yourself using the Daily Mail as a source, it may help to find further sources to corroborate the claims. I say this even though I'm on your side.

Actually, if you look at the OP, you'll see I listed other sources, including the local news WPXI. Whenever I use Daily Mail, I know how people feel about it, so often try to use other links included with the Daily Fail, rather than ONLY Daily Fail. That way it can be corroborated.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm fine with that since hell isn't real.

I do think it is funny that you believe that you are doing God's work by hating homosexuals (who also happen to be children of God).

I happen to be a Christian and believe all who reside on this planet is a child of God until GOD says otherwise, no one else. Judge not lest ye be judged.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: Anyafaj

Hey, I'm just pointing out the FACT that Daily Mail is a right wing tabloid trash rag and can't be trusted to tell you what day it is, let alone give an accurate version of any story.

And in that second piece there is only the accusation of a "lynch list", again there is no evidence to support this story.

You're picking out the extreme bits from the Daily Mail piece, and ignoring all the lack of evidence for this being a major event as some are trying to make it, while ignoring the statement from the school itself.

It looks like the school is actively working on this, and they have called in police and so on to help the situation.

As a gay man I do not in any way underestimate the damage and threat this kind of thing creates, but there is a line being crossed here when people start talking about "lynch lists" when there is NO EVIDENCE of that even existing.

These are all just kids, some of them are misguided, and some of them have clearly been raised by terrible parents. I'm not defending or excusing any of this, I'm saying that some level-headed thought needs to go into discussing this.

I agree level headed thought is needed, unfortunately, not all in here are level headed. I don't think it's a lynch list, per se, but more of a "gay list" of kids supporting the LGBT and kids who ARE LGBT. I don't doubt it exists. But I doubt any kid is going to come forward and hand it over either. I think they're going to have to question the right kids to get it and ask the right questions.

Also as I mentioned in another response, I didn't just use Daily Fail, I used the local news as a source, WPXI. It's in the OP. And I even reference it in numerous posts. Yes, some of the kids are misguided, but the ones who were physical still need to be punished, misguided or not. And sadly this week, they decided to continue their harassment. Monday the idiots wore Orange, they didn't mention Tuesday's colors on the 11pm news. (Channel 4 here on non-cable)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arrow22
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yea. Surprise! People don't like being told they are living their lives wrong because some other person's religion deemed it so. If Christians didn't spend so much time preaching their intolerances then maybe they wouldn't be so despised by everyone else. Don't worry though, your cousins the Muslims are just as bad with their pushing religion onto others actions.

You have been given soooo much insight, I hope you do not lose the Path.
Christians do not Teach THEIR intolerances, They belong to GOD.
We merely want others to discover Him and His rules.

Rules. Intolerances. What's the difference?

You are correct, Jesus does not directly state that Homosexuality is forbidden.

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
1John 4:15

And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me.
John 12:44

So apparently, Jesus represents God's values.
and God is very specific about that carm.org... the list is too long for here.

So you content that the rules in Leviticus are therefore legit?
76 Things Banned in Leviticus (and their penalties)

So if Jesus represented

God is with us

Do you think He will support GODs laws?

No matter, a true Christian will always believe this:

But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.
1Cor 8:9

'But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.
Rev 2:14

By teaching anything else, you cannot please GOD

Well if you are going to hold up homosexuality as abhorrent because God said so and Jesus is following God's will, then you must also abide by all the other rules laid down by God, like being against divorce. You can't pick and choose.

Jesus also taught when He came to save us that the Old Testament was the past, He taught the New Testament and forgiveness. So unless Leviticus is in the NT, feel free believe in the NT go with your heart when it comes to God. Once the Holy Spirit is inside you, you know what the right answer is. Being a Christian and treating people like crud is not it! And berating them is not it either. People will not come to God if you continually tell them how wrong they are and how they'll burn in hell. I believe the saying is "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar", so to speak. I believe in doing unto to others as is done to me, and forgiving others for being a jerk, generally.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Horrible.

It's really not good. it's bullying. I hate bullying.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One day, and I feel this will happen in the next 200 years or so, we will finally drop the division we so often seem to crave and unite as a species.

Here's my personal ethos: No one should tell me how I live my life (so long as I harm no one), and conversely I have no right to infringe on someone else's way of life.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join