It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students in PA High School dress in flannel; pin Bible verses to students lockers for Anti-Gay Day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Anyafaj

BRAVO ! About Time the " Other Side" gets a Taste of their Own Medicine ............

Bravo kids were physically bullied? I can see just wearing the clothes, but you're glad kids were pushed around for no other reason than they're different than someone else? Man, some days I hate T&C's cuz I'd really love to speak my mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

BRAVO ! About Time the " Other Side" gets a Taste of their Own Medicine ............

Own medicine? Circulating a list of suspected homosexuals called a "lynch list" is a "taste of their own medicine"? Do you even read what you type? That crap is straight up wrong.

By the way, homosexuals have been getting "their own medicine" for MUCH longer than straight people have been forced to deal with homosexuals. It used to be fine to just insult people, call them gay, and make fun of them for being effeminate. You really need a lesson in reality.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It should be noted that this is the Daily Mail, hardly a credible news source.

If you go to the school's website you will see an explanation for what happened, and this seems to directly contradict the way the media is reporting this.

While I suspect that the school will want to down-play what is really going on, they do state that no "lynch list" was ever found, and this seems to be completely unsubstantiated by anyone claiming it. They also state that this was only a handful of students, and that the numbers have been greatly exaggerated.

I'm inclined to believe that this has been greatly exaggerated too, given that young people have moved on considerably from their parents on these issues, and they are generally far more equality-minded than older generations.

Most importantly, the Daily Mail reporting on this lends it no credibility, check other sources for more accurate information.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I find it interesting that you, as a Christian, Support the Gay lifestyle.

Love the Sinner, Hate the SIN. Do not support it.

sodom and gomorrah?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arrow22

I find it interesting that you read that in her post, because it doesn't say that anywhere... Being against bullying doesn't mean she's supporting anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
It should be noted that this is the Daily Mail, hardly a credible news source.

If you go to the school's website you will see an explanation for what happened, and this seems to directly contradict the way the media is reporting this.

While I suspect that the school will want to down-play what is really going on, they do state that no "lynch list" was ever found, and this seems to be completely unsubstantiated by anyone claiming it. They also state that this was only a handful of students, and that the numbers have been greatly exaggerated.

I'm inclined to believe that this has been greatly exaggerated too, given that young people have moved on considerably from their parents on these issues, and they are generally far more equality-minded than older generations.

Most importantly, the Daily Mail reporting on this lends it no credibility, check other sources for more accurate information.

How about WPXI, our local news website and TV channel, is that bunk as well because it was reported on TV as well as their website. Not to mention, some of the kids were idiotic enough to post it on their Instagrams and Facebooks. Nope, they must be lying as well. Just because a hit list wasn't found, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You don't think these kids are going to be dumb enough to go, "Oh yes teacher, here it is, let me show it to you so you may show it to the Principal and possibly get law involved." I live not more than half hour, 45 minutes from the school, so I get to watch it over and over at night on the local news. Just because it also showed up on the Daily Fail, doesn't make it a non-news event. Trust me.

edit on 4/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Love the Sinner, Hate the SIN. Do not support it.

sodom and gomorrah?

So by not supporting physical violence, I'm supporting gays? By the way, how is it you know what God wants? When did He talk to you? You must be pretty special! I wish I was that special that God told me everything He wants and doesn't want. Just because it's in a book written by Man doesn't make it so. You can hate the sin, and still love the sinner, it doesn't mean you need to be physically violent towards them. You do know Jesus hung out with the sinners, right? You deserve a medal for being so special.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'd also like to mention, as a Christian, it bothers me to see the Bible being twisted to suit one's purpose. Also, I thought church and state were supposed to be separate, so why are the verses allowed to be on school property, when on a regular occasion, they are not? Just a thought. I bet if it was someone proselyting, the school would probably say no, but for this, it's being allowed?

Bullying?
I personally have seen the TOLERANCE that the LGBT community advocates
or should I say lack thereof. I doubt that Christians started the "Physical Bullying"

Bible being twisted? Seems pretty clear in the Word that God does not like Homosexuality.
And Christians are COMMANDED to inform and teach the TRUTH of God.

True Christians only want to inform people of SIN and the choice between Life and Death.
but saying that Homosexuality is wrong and is HATE SPEECH even if it is based on the Bible?

Personally, I do not see the need to have another week schedualed for thier movement
The message was sent and now it is up to those who were informed to decide.
I prefer the 'kick the dust off your shoes' and let them die in sin.

in the end America is a bandwagon nation and are only into being in the next news cycle.
Screw Christian Beliefs.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'd like to say that Rocker DOES have a point. Daily Mail is a rather poor source of information. I'm not saying this didn't happen, but whenever you find yourself using the Daily Mail as a source, it may help to find further sources to corroborate the claims. I say this even though I'm on your side.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So by not supporting physical violence, I'm supporting gays? By the way, how is it you know what God wants? When did He talk to you? You must be pretty special! I wish I was that special that God told me everything He wants and doesn't want. Just because it's in a book written by Man doesn't make it so. You can hate the sin, and still love the sinner, it doesn't mean you need to be physically violent towards them. You do know Jesus hung out with the sinners, right? You deserve a medal for being so special.

God teaches me by my reading his Word.
I am not special in any way... just forgiven for the things I have done.
Many of which are probably far worse than you yourself have done.

BTW nice twist on the nonviolence-Gay support thing.

Sorry Benevolent Heretic for implying anything about your beliefs
edit on 22-4-2015 by Arrow22 because: Corrected

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrow22

You have misquoted me in that post. That text is from Anyafaj's post. Please correct it.
edit on 4/22/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Bullying?
I personally have seen the TOLERANCE that the LGBT community advocates
or should I say lack thereof. I doubt that Christians started the "Physical Bullying"

Are you effing serious? Christians used to actually LYNCH homosexuals in the past. Christians started the physical bullying WAY before homosexuals started bullying anyone.

Bible being twisted? Seems pretty clear in the Word that God does not like Homosexuality.
And Christians are COMMANDED to inform and teach the TRUTH of God.

God also doesn't like divorce and remarrying, but plenty of Christians engage in that practice all the time.

True Christians only want to inform people of SIN and the choice between Life and Death.
but saying that Homosexuality is wrong and is HATE SPEECH even if it is based on the Bible?

No one cares about what Christians think is and isn't a sin. Christians should keep that information to themselves.

Personally, I do not see the need to have another week schedualed for thier movement
The message was sent and now it is up to those who were informed to decide.
I prefer the 'kick the dust off your shoes' and let them die in sin.

in the end America is a bandwagon nation and are only into being in the next news cycle.
Screw Christian Beliefs.

Well when those beliefs are bigoted and hateful, YES screw them. You are a shining example of what's wrong with Christianity.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are you effing serious? Christians used to actually LYNCH homosexuals in the past. Christians started the physical bullying WAY before homosexuals started bullying anyone.

And now that the LGBT is in control NOW, their Bullying is allowed.

and you are a Shining Example of the World and those who will be Lost.

Much love and regret to you sir

edit on 22-4-2015 by Arrow22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Thank you....

I'm fine with that since hell isn't real.

I do think it is funny that you believe that you are doing God's work by hating homosexuals (who also happen to be children of God).
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Thank you....

I do think it is funny that you believe that you are doing God's work by hating homosexuals (who also happen to be children of God).

Homosexuals are not children of God. They were created by Him.
Not until you except him and follow his ways are you forgiven and a Child of God

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Thank you....

Not until you except him and follow his ways are you forgiven and a Child of God

NICE! Using the dehumanization tactic against homosexuals. That is a fun way to justify your hate.

And Christians wonder why the atheist population is growing every day...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Thank you....

NICE! Using the dehumanization tactic against homosexuals. That is a fun way to justify your hate.

And Christians wonder why the atheist population is growing every day...

I guess you missed the Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin thing.
dehumanization? We are all Humans, Some are forgiven (because they asked)
the rest are not (because of their deception)

You are a great advocate for the evilone's agenda
so was Saul of Tarsis

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I guess you missed the Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin thing.
dehumanization? We are all Humans, Some are forgiven (because they asked)
the rest are not (because of their deception)

Sooooo in other words a priest who diddles an altar boy is fine as long as he asks for forgiveness, but two homosexuals practicing consensual sex aren't ok? What if the homosexuals are Christian and ask for forgiveness?

You are a great advocate for the evilone's agenda
so was Saul of Tarsis

Cool. Give me his cell number. I'll give him a holler. With all the gay people with him, at least everything will look FABULOUS!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

What if the homosexuals are Christian and ask for forgiveness?

First, Christians are supposed to Deny Themselves and follow Christ and his teachings.
By saying you are Gay and saying you are a Christian you will
in effect, deny Him and follow your own path not His.

God is the only one who will determine if you go to Heaven and
Jesus will stand and let the Father know if He died for any one appearing in front of the Throne.
If you deny Him, He will deny you and you will have no advocate and no excuses.

Saul of Tarsis was the biggest killer of Christians in the Bible.
Until he was Forgiven and then became the greatest teacher,
teaching the Gospel even until death.

He is way out of your Network

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What if the homosexuals are Christian and ask for forgiveness?

First, Christians are supposed to Deny Themselves and follow Christ and his teachings.
By saying you are Gay and saying you are a Christian you will
in effect, deny Him and follow your own path not His.

Really? Where did Jesus specifically denounce homosexuality? I also see you didn't deny my point about a priest molesting an alter boy then asking for forgiveness. Good to know where you stand on that.

God is the only one who will determine if you go to Heaven and
Jesus will stand and let the Father know if He died for any one appearing in front of the Throne.
If you deny Him, He will deny you and you will have no advocate and no excuses.

Yea yea. I've heard all this before.

Saul of Tarsis was the biggest killer of Christians in the Bible.
Until he was Forgiven and then became the greatest teacher,
teaching the Gospel even until death.

He is way out of your Network

Yeah... I know exactly who that guy is. I used to be Catholic. He's practically Catholicism's Superman.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join