It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian archaeologists excavate ‘White Walls’ of ancient Egyptian capital Memphis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Russian Archaeologists are unearthing what they believe to be the Ancient Egyptian city of what's now known as Memphis.

A Russian archaeological expedition spanning more than a decade has unearthed the enclosure walls of the first capital of Egypt – the legendary city of Memphis that was the heart of Egyptian civilization for over 2,000 years.

Scientists from the Egyptology Studies Center of Russian Academy of Sciences (CESRAS) have excavated the foundation of what they believe once were huge walls that used to surround the ancient Egyptian capital currently known under its Greek name, Memphis.

The success of the Russian effort to bring to light part of the 5,200 year-old walls was confirmed by Egypt’s Antiquities Minister Mamdouh al-Damaty.

Read more at endthelie.com...

Don't have much to say here, ATS. I just think this is an important discovery. What says ATS?

endthelie.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It is a great find, no question, but I think that article is trying to make it out to be more important than it is. After all, Memphis has been a World Heritage Site for almost 40 years now lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

This is all nice but will Egypitan powers ever grant real excavations into alien built ancient tunnels there

Didn't think so

That's why they keep getting money from US government every year

It's a bribe

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

. OK neat I guess I just wish there was more to it. Seems like whoever wrote the article never even went to the site there is 0 details other than they found a wall.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

This is all nice but will Egypitan powers ever grant real excavations into alien built ancient tunnels there

Didn't think so

It's a bribe

You seem to be lost. I believe this is the forum you were looking for....

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Didn't think so

It's a bribe

Lol good one

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Didn't think so

It's a bribe

Do you mean palistinians I know egypt keeps closing their tunnels lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Didn't think so

It's a bribe

Lol good one

It wasn't a joke.

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with any tunnels (walls are pretty much the exact opposite), the Egyptian Antiquities Ministry did grant excavation licenses to the people from CESRAS involved in this dig, the United States is not paying Egypt to withhold excavation licenses (nor are they funding this group of Russian archaeologists), and your fantasies about alien-built tunnels are preposterous.

Since you would rather post off-topic drivel that is in no way whatsoever related to the topic at hand (which isn't allowed per ATS' terms and conditions, mind you), I think you would fare much better in this forum.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Didn't think so

It's a bribe

You can be soo cruel..

join