It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin strange noise in the sky last night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ok here is my analysis. You will find 3 major flaws with the audio pointed out below:

A) Audio on the video starts after the video - If someone were recording with a camera or camera phone the audio and the video would start at the same time. If someone however sloppily dubbed in audio to an existing video then it could be late by several milliseconds as I show.

B and C) Stereo Discrepancy - In the video we hear a number of sounds besides our mystery sound. This is good because it gives of a frame of reference by which to to put the mystery sound in context in a stereo field. When we play through the video we can see that the natural sounds in the video appear to have some movement in the stereo field but our mystery sound stays dead center DESPITE claims that it seemed to rumble across the sky.

If someone were to dub in a mystery sound and were not familiar with psychoacoustics then they would make this error and stick their mystery sound smack in the middle of the stereo field with little to no movement. The natural sounds move about the stereo field but the mystery sound stays locked nearly dead center.

This perhaps is the most telling part of the likely hoaxed video.

D) Zero Crossing-Clipping - There is a notable clipping in the audio wave form which the spectrogram clearly shows is across the entire spectrum. If it were simply a pop it would not be uniform across the entire spectrum. This too could be a digital artifact of post-video production editing.

Note, I am not accusing hiii_98 of hoaxing the video which was briefly monetized on his Youtube channel. He stated that he did not create the video but was given it by someone he knows personally.

In my honest opinion, whoever that someone is has some explaining to do to hiii_98 and all of us.

edit on 21-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
oh comeon... its some girl, I doubt shes a mastermind. In never wavering and enduring pursuit of the truth I will forward this thread to her tomorrow. Maybe she will want to join or provide me with a comment to respond. If so i'll screen shot it. I honestly don't think I was given a hoax tape. I actually meet with her niece(?) tomorrow to interview her about what they heard. I really think you are stretching big time for something that isn't there. But hey, I'm a guy who believes in interdimensional critters so I guess i'll force myself to be open any plausible theory.
edit on 21-4-2015 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

It could very well be that word got out on the web that hiii was searching for anyone that may have the sound recorded and then obliged with a fake? (Just tossing this one out there, as it would not take long to make I think.) People are nuts when it comes to stuff like this sometimes. P.S. I just read the above post so I will keep an open mind (not that my opinion here matters that much anyways lol) And P.S.S. for what its worth, interdimensional critters always get a
from me also!
edit on 21-4-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Removed link.

On the PC version of this video there is a plug for a website at 0:03. I watched it first on my mobile and the plug was not present.
I believed I had found a raw version of the video...alas, every video of this is edited.

This is a train. If the conditions are right, I can hear the train yard 30 miles away. It sounds very similar to these videos. The winding hum of the diesels, the crash of the rail cars together...train yard.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Ettenurb because: Removed Link

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

Waukesha checking in.....No strange sound around here. I was up all last night and heard nothing. We did have low cloud cover and rain most of the night. Could this be part of the reason for the noise?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Interesting. Sounds similar to a sound heard here in the UK recently, it went on for hours and was the same hollow slightly metallic sound that oscillated.

The sound was recorded on my ipod on sleeptalkapp as it is more sensitive and I was in a hurry to record it, best heard around 0.30-0.40/1.30 /2.10, there is a weird whispering sound also on there which wasn't detectable when recording, just the deep metallic sound.

edit on 21-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Waukesha checking in.....No strange sound around here. I was up all last night and heard nothing. We did have low cloud cover and rain most of the night. Could this be part of the reason for the noise?

hey Waukesha, the sound was heard on April 19th, so 2 nights ago, not last night. From the interactive map I'm not seeing any reports of hearing the noise from your area. Close though.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yes sir, I'm studying meteorology though its been a passion of mine since I was a kid. So I have a working knowledge of weather and its behavior.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Lucky!

I've read that Wisconsin is where they are testing aircraft capable of not producing a shockwave when transitioning to super sonic or hyper sonic speeds. The engines would still make plenty of noise though and would be considerably more powerful than your typical airliner.

Not saying for sure that's what it is, just bringing up the possibility.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When I try to watch the video it indicates it is private.

Does anyone have a good link for the Wisconsin audio phenomenon?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

hiii, I heard the sound you're discussing in this thread . I live near the Wisconsin river between Blue River and Muscoda. Here's what I heard....sounded very loud and seemed to go right over my house coming from the WNW and going towards the ESE......I remember distinctly thinking a military jet flying very low, but had an odd , unusual sound....almost thought there were two planes rather than one....sounded like the jet engines were cutting on and off...I could not see the plane because of cloud cover. It definitely was not any kind of train sound I've ever heard.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Your youtube vidoe links of this sound do not work man.So no one can even hear the sound to begin with.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool I'll put them back up right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

hiii, I heard the sound you're discussing in this thread . I live near the Wisconsin river between Blue River and Muscoda. Here's what I heard....sounded very loud and seemed to go right over my house coming from the WNW and going towards the ESE......I remember distinctly thinking a military jet flying very low, but had an odd , unusual sound....almost thought there were two planes rather than one....sounded like the jet engines were cutting on and off...I could not see the plane because of cloud cover. It definitely was not any kind of train sound I've ever heard.

Fort McCoy appears to be just north (slightly northwest) of you.... interesting

*also what time exactly did you hear the noise? I am trying to establish what direction it flew in. I assumed it was from south eastern Wisconsin to west central (fort McCoy area as final destination, but I have it backwards)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

Lucky!

I've read that Wisconsin is where they are testing aircraft capable of not producing a shockwave when transitioning to super sonic or hyper sonic speeds. The engines would still make plenty of noise though and would be considerably more powerful than your typical airliner.

Not saying for sure that's what it is, just bringing up the possibility.

where are you reading this? I'd like to learn more.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Interesting. Sounds similar to a sound heard here in the UK recently, it went on for hours and was the same hollow slightly metallic sound that oscillated.

The sound was recorded on my ipod on sleeptalkapp as it is more sensitive and I was in a hurry to record it, best heard around 0.30-0.40/1.30 /2.10, there is a weird whispering sound also on there which wasn't detectable when recording, just the deep metallic sound.

I think you have a Woodpecker..

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Yes sir, I'm studying meteorology though its been a passion of mine since I was a kid. So I have a working knowledge of weather and its behavior.

the problem I have with your theory is that the sound was described as lasting around 5 minutes by multiple witnesses (unsure if thunder ever rolls that long!) and also that a unlit black dark shape was seen moving through the clouds.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I had a similar experience in 2002 while living in the Coachella valley desert region of socal. I was awoken in the early morning hours by what I assumed to be a jet at full throttle sounding as if it was struggling to gain altitude with it's engines increasing in volume as it seemed to be headed straight for my place. I assumed the worst and laid in bed gripped by fear waiting for the inevitable crash when all at once the roaring engines abruptly faded away in the distance.

By the time I came to my senses and went outside to have a look there was nothing to see and I had a clear view horizon to horizon. Many of my fellow neighbors where as perplexed as I.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I just found this somewhat similar video. What is interesting about it is at la crosse is around 30 minutes away from Fort McCoy... which also happens to be roughly the area where is sound originated

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiii_98
a reply to: Jobeycool I'll put them back up right now.

So uhm... Is the barbed fence there with the sign saying "restricted military area, keep out" or is that something else? Because that sound exactly like heavy machineguns/autocannons echoing in the distance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join