It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop being judgemental?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Jesus taught that we should not be judgemental but be honest you judge. You judge the little old lady walking down the street and the drug dealer on the corner.

Is it possible for us not to be judgemental? Surely our subcon is always ticking away i wonder if that guys is gonna mug me.

So can we stop being judgemental

I think i've spelt judgemental wrong haven't i ?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't really consider myself to be judgmental, but I do have 'opinions' of various things/people/occurances etc.

I learned long ago that first impressions are irrelevant. I may meet a person for the first time on a day that they are having a terrible time. They may be angry or upset or grieving. I never take much store on first impressions - You can't know a person from one meeting after all.

I also learned that appearances are equally irrelevant. Why is a person considered more acceptable by the public if they wear a suit rather than a goth outfit with piercing ? Let me see inside the person and I'll make my opinion about them that way. I don't care what you look like.

I take a person as an individual. I always have done. If I dislike a person it is because of something that person has done, not because of their colour, race, religion or political party. If there is one thing I can't stand its an arsehole - so maybe I am judmental after all.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
If there is one thing I can't stand its an arsehole - so maybe I am judmental after all.

Thanks Pisky you proved my point exactly

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Why do we judge others? It is a side effect of duality I suppose. The I and other or more specifically the Ego and the opposition. Everything is judged in reference to you and your beliefs. Thus everything that goes against what you think is helpful to your values/morals/beliefs/etc becomes a bad idea/phenomenon.

top topics

join