It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

energy drinks vs marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Here is a little more on those so called energy drinks. I kept advising my son NOT to drink those things. I felt they were unhealthy all the way around. He is a health nut and that was pretty much his vice. Well he went to the dr. recently for a check up,and everything was good except it seemed that his kidneys were being stressed. His creatin levels were high and they thought he was eating too much meat. He told them no he was careful about his diet ,so they thought he might be slightly dehydrated. They told him to drink plenty of water and redo they test. He did. Creatin levels still too high. So now they Dr. wanted to do tests on his kidneys. Things were getting serious. He was at home waiting for the test day to come up for an ultra sound on his kidneys,when he looked at the label for the energy drink and saw, creatin in it. He called the Dr. the next day and asked her about it. She told him to not drink even one more and redo the blood test. His creatin levels had come down. He is still at a 'high normal',but they are no longer worried about it now. They just told him to reduce the meat in his diet and keep up with everything else he is doing. Oh and no more energy drinks!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FeatheredSerpent

IT exacerbates existing mental health issues.... it doesn't cause them.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: FeatheredSerpent
a reply to: seeker1963

Anyone whos been around long term users knows the truth.

FS.

Feel free to share any more one sentence answers! Pretty telling what your agenda is?

What do you have to say about those it helps? Such as Vets with PTSD?

Pretty telling what this thread's agenda is. Let's compare totally different substances so you can talk about the subject that skirts around the forum rules.

Dog poop is perfectly legal.
You can sniff it all you want, eat it if you choose, even smoke it.
Why isn't doggy doo illegal??

There, continue your dopers den talk.

Nice try lil fella. The thread is meant to point out that energy drinks are more damaging to your health than MJ but is completely legal.

Even sugar is more damaging to your health yet completely legal and marketed toward kids.

Think about the children!!!! Make sugar illegal, make energy drinks illegal, make fast food illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, we got a substance listed by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration as

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide ('___'), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Source

VS

a sugary coffee drink, more or less.

That is like comparing a drawer full of knives to a drawer full of legos and claiming the legos are more dangerous because a kid could choke on them, totally ignoring what the knives could do.

Now you are just being silly.

I'm sure people like you argued the same nonsense way about freeing slaves and allowing women to vote.

How about you bring a few peer reviewed scientific studies to the table.

Are you trying to claim comparing red bull to marijuana offhandedly to start a thread meets the standard of a peer reviewed scientific study?

Ridiculous demand.

Then appealing to racism and sexism where none exists in this thread is desperate and pathetic.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No iam talkong about people who start smoking it in their early teens.
It does effect a devepong brain and it does cause mental illness.
Oh and I smoke often.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Don't attack the precious. Seems to be a lot of stoners on ATS. Skunk has been shown to cause mental health problems due to selective breeding, low CBD and high THC levels.CBD is where the magic is.It protects the brain from the negative effects of THC but most strains are lacking in CBD.Fact and real science.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Sugar is our 1st addiction.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
I think he gets his info from the late Richard Nixon..very informed

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
No desire to get into the ridiculous debate with the uneducated. Whether MJ should be legal or not don't create lies saying there are no health issues associated with it. There are. Stop the lies, campaign for legalization using truth, or you are every bit as evil and disgusting as those who used lies to ban it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Er...

Energy drinks would qualify as 'uppers'--ie. Stimulant drugs--at the very least for the caffeine content. (not to mention several other stimulants and zero cannabinoids--at least where things like that still are illegal, mind you)

Cannabinoids are also Hallucinogens. They're in the same group of drugs as like say: '___', cubensis mushrooms, peyote, ayahuasca, salvia, Fly Agaric/LSA, and the list goes on, you get the picture.

I suppose in very high doses on a quality (psycho-)Stimulants some hallucinations have been reported, as in the case of Doctor Oliver Sacks.

For clarity's sake, STIMULANT DRUGS are things like dextroamphetamine, coc aine, tim benzedrine, methamphetamine, diet pills containing ephedra-like pseudo non-FDA approved (similar quality to K2/Spice, actually
. Always coming out with something "New" and "better" to put in energy drinks, rite?--tis prolly due to legality issues in many instances
lol )

Marijuana doesn't even affect the brain like a Stimulant.

Not at all.

Please check your psychopharmacology-- & neuropsychology
--factoids, please, because maybe I'm just really tired, but I'm failing to see what could be similar between the two at all.

edit on 22-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

FS.

Abuse comes in many forms. But ask someone who uses it medicinally. It's a life saver.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

FS.

Abuse comes in many forms. But ask someone who uses it medicinally. It's a life saver.

The fact people who need medical MJ can't get it is a crime.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Is marijuana healthier than alcohol? Yes. Is it a huge issue if its legal or not? No.

Now the 420 smoke it! kids might disapprove but weed doesn't make you any more spiritually aware nor does it have any real benefits. Long term use tends to make people flaccid. If you do want to have your spiritual experiences, do meditation. Yeah yeah, I know it's more difficult that rolling up a joint but in the long term the rewards are much greater.

Smoking doesn't enlighten you, though it gives you a semi-convincing illusion of it, to which some people latch onto and ego-invest like mad, because they are "spiritual humans" and "# the man".

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Its not about the drug, its about the control system. People will always use drugs--they always have and always will, making it illegal is just a way of controlling the population.

The depression and prohibition era are the perfect examples where we have the advantage of hindsight to see the control system in place. The drug war is a farce.

Bayer invented heroin, they sold it like asprin. That was before the control system decided what you can and can not put into your own bodies--not for your saftey, but for their security.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join