It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

energy drinks vs marijuana

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

According to some reports, up to half of children and young adults in the United States consume the beverages known as “energy drinks” or “energy shots,” which may contain three to five times the caffeine in a same-size can of soda. Even as their popularity has grown, energy drinks have come under scrutiny for possibly serious health effects, including heart rhythm problems, increased blood pressure, and—in rare cases—cardiac arrest. A recent report from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration found that emergency room visits involving energy drinks doubled from 2007 to 2011 from about 10,000 to over 20,000

source

Energy drinks cause health issues but are legal, Marijuana doesn't. Why are energy drinks legal (even for children) when marijuana wouldn't cause said health issues (even in children).

I don't believe either should be illegal just kind of popped in my head today. I used to USE energy drinks, I quit that nasty habit. It was harder to quit than coc aine was (for me personally).

I know this post is half-@ssed but it is a holiday and I have other things to do =P.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS NEVER NEVER LAND

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
But maijuana does cause health issues, mental health issues.

FS.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeatheredSerpent

FS.

Proof?

Do you believe a person has a right to do what they want to their body? Abortion?

Eating can cause health problems! Should we ask the government to feed us as well?

Oh how freedom has died to those who feel so self righteous to push their beliefs on others.......

Does The U.S. Government Own A Patent On Marijuana?

“The United States government owns a patent on marijuana as a medical application… So we have a patent through our Department of HHS on marijuana as a therapeutic and we also schedule it as a Schedule I.”

Yet they claim there is no medicinal applications?
edit on 20-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

I'm all for legalising marijuana but it's incredibly naive/disingenuous to suggest that it cannot cause serious physical/mental health issues.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Seen it happen.
Many a young person used to get sectioned and many times their illness was brought on by smoking it a lot at an early age.
Like anything really don't give it to kids because it does effect them in worse ways....booze etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

FS.

So can mcdonald's, video games, food colorings, and TV

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

I'm all for legalising marijuana but it's incredibly naive/disingenuous to suggest that it cannot cause serious physical/mental health issues.

Like what?

I don't think it would cause kidney, liver and heart damage

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
energy drinks? please. given the choice of a tin of that sugary crap or a blunt,
i quote Christophe Lambert in High(!)lander - "there can be only one"

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Seen it happen.
Many a young person used to get sectioned and many times their illness was brought on by smoking it a lot at an early age.
Like anything really don't give it to kids because it does effect them in worse ways....booze etc.

How would one know it wasn't self medication? People with mental health issues have a tendency to self medicate before they find out they have an issue

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Seen it happen.

I won't disagree with you on that BM! But as an old alcoholic myself, I drink because it is too expensive and illegal for me to purchase the subject in question illegally! But yet, the effects of alcohol on my body and mind are way more accumulatively worse than the topic I am discussing! I can guarantee you this! What the booze is doing to me will definitely put me in the after life a hell of a lot sooner than the alternative I am being deprived of due to the law. Not everything works for everyone? I am just tired of those who paint things with such a broad brush as to due to their opinion and inexperience, their opinion is righteous and to hell with those of us who have a different story to tell on how it has helped us in our journey of misery in this world.

Not to mention any health care bills? Don't worry! I don't go to doctors for the simple reason I don't and won't take pills manufactured by the pharmaceutical industry either.

When my body goes it goes. I have a DNR in place.

Edit: Not to mention, but what else were these youth doing that they were too scared to admit during their trip to the nut house? Been there twice myself, so don't think I don't know how people are treated and lead to answer questions before their stay....

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

FS.

WTF..?

What mental health issues, being mellow and thinking happy thoughts?

Hell, take away the Ruskie's Vodka and give 'em quaps of da kind, and watch a Paradigmn Shift occur. They'd go from loving Missles to loving Spliffs. They'd probably re-start and re-invest in their Agriculture sector overnight...

Thank goodness your view is limited to this site.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Anyone whos been around long term users knows the truth.

FS.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

FS.
uch to determine, some with say..schizophrenia report using cannabis helps them reduce voices others get worse symptoms. it can make psychosis worse, yet some report less psychosis. so to me its a tossup.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

FS.

Feel free to share any more one sentence answers! Pretty telling what your agenda is?

What do you have to say about those it helps? Such as Vets with PTSD?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

FS.

Feel free to share any more one sentence answers! Pretty telling what your agenda is?

Pretty telling what this thread's agenda is. Let's compare totally different substances so you can talk about the subject that skirts around the forum rules.

Dog poop is perfectly legal.
You can sniff it all you want, eat it if you choose, even smoke it.
Why isn't doggy doo illegal??

There, continue your dopers den talk.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

FS.

I'm a long term user! Care to come and visit me?

Odd that you keep referring to it's effects on youth and then all of a sudden you mention long term users?

Which is it?

Many people out there like myself that could tell you our stories of how getting off of Big Pharms poison and using a plant has changed our lives! Open your eyes and mind or choose to keep them closed to serve the big corporations that want a monopoly on what drugs we take.

Not for nothing? But we were all young and dumb at one point in our lives and many of us tried damn near every illegal substance that was available at a party regardless of the consequences! Your not talking to a teenager, but an old man who has based his life experiences on just that! Experiences that I WENT thru! Not what I read in a book, nor what someone else told me!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

FS.

Pretty telling what this thread's agenda is. Let's compare totally different substances so you can talk about the subject that skirts around the forum rules.

I am all about freedom!

You want to smoke or eat dog poop? More power to ya!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I guessed you were by your passive aggressive tone towards me and my opinions.
Ive seen/ experienced enough cheers.
Im no spring chicken myself.
No agenda here, just an opinion.

FS.
edit on fAmerica/Chicagopm3005America/ChicagoMon, 20 Apr 2015 17:29:10 -0500America/Chicago2010 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

FS.

Nice try lil fella. The thread is meant to point out that energy drinks are more damaging to your health than MJ but is completely legal.

Even sugar is more damaging to your health yet completely legal and marketed toward kids.

Think about the children!!!! Make sugar illegal, make energy drinks illegal, make fast food illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The potential health risks are a non-issue. It's about your personal freedom to ingest whatever the hell you want.

The government give alcohol, which is one of the most destructive drugs out there, and then have the cheek to say using anything else to get high, regardless of how much safer it, is wrong. You're only allowed to get high on alcohol or whatever pharmaceutical crap a Dr has given you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join