It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK voter registration ends at midnight tonight, 20th April 2015, link here...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm gonna be a little rebel and stress that people don't vote and instead look at alternatives to the current system.

Soz, grainofsand. I had to mate

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Hi all, I only registered this evening after months of procrastination and indecision. Just shouting out to anyone who thinks it is too late, it's not, but it will be in 3 and a half hours or so.

The link is below, it takes a couple of minutes, you just need your name, date of birth, national insurance number, blah:
Register to vote online at the .gov.uk site

Sorry for the crap discussion topic and facebook style OP, wanted to share this in case just one person reads it and realises they are not too late this evening if they thought they were.

Cheers,

GoS.

Well done ! Me and the other half have had our cards for a while now, but my 18 year old son only registered to vote about an hour ago.

I have posted a similar post on my facebook page, except I added to the end,"If you don't vote, you have no right to complain."

Im not sure if our votes will go in the same direction or not either, but I would like to say, well done for taking part, and let the best man win

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Personally I think we need urgent and radical reform of both the electoral and parliamentary procedures - the party political system is no longer fit for purpose.

But, and its a massive but, this is the procedure we have at present and is the only one available at present to express our disgust etc.
We need to elect individuals who we believe best represent our personal beliefs and demand of them a level of representation befitting their position.

Our options are to either use the system and fight from the inside or outright opposition and rebellion.

Which do you prefer?

edit on 20/4/15 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
I'm gonna be a little rebel and stress that people don't vote and instead look at alternatives to the current system.

Soz, grainofsand. I had to mate
Annotate your ballot paper with your thoughts then

originally posted by: dam00
Im not sure if our votes will go in the same direction or not either, but I would like to say, well done for taking part, and let the best man win
I would say the same back at ya fella

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Can I take a guess?

Is it used in the process of herbal origami? I use my council tax reminders as well, great card for that purpose/

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What alternatives, are there at the present time ?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just over an hour left to register and be able to vote in the 2015 UK General Election, just click the link below, takes two or three minutes...
Click HERE to register to be able to vote in the 2015 General election @ .gov.uk

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Just over an hour left to register and be able to vote in the 2015 UK General Election, just click the link below, takes two or three minutes...
Click HERE to register to be able to vote in the 2015 General election @ .gov.uk

Where abouts are you, on "The beautiful coast of SW England?"
Im in Sunny Devon.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I prefer rebellion.

But, and this is a massive but, no violence. It's not needed and we're better than that. I believe civil disobedience is the way forward.

The system itself could still be used, we just need to purge it of corruption.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00

Not many mate. That's why people have to unify and think about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sunny and lovely Devon same same

...40 ODD MINUTES REMAINING TO REGISTER IF YOU WANT TO VOTE OR ANNOTATE YOUR BALLOT PAPER IN THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTION NEXT MONTH!!!
...I'm crashing out and going bed, I registered to vote a couple of hours ago, and I now look forward to the discussions on ATS in the next few weeks.

edit on 20.4.2015 by grainofsand because: multiple typos as pissed going bed

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Not many mate. That's why people have to unify and think about it.

I dont understand why you suggest not voting then!

My advice for those who can be botherd to vote, is take your own pen, so you dont have to use the pencil provided.

edit on 20-4-2015 by dam00 because: comma

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: bullcat

Voter registration is common in many 'democracies'.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just your usual antagonistic type of post with the apparent single purpose of trying to wind people up.

Funny, I didn't have to resister last time I got my voting papers telling me where to put my X.

So far that is two out of two European countries I have lived in. Never once had to register and never will register, for a right I already have.

The only registration I ever had to do, was when I entered the country, filled in for a residence permit, which is pretty much given like candy for us in Europe due to our rights, then that is it, Never ever had to register to vote. It's already given as a right. Voting paper comes through the door like clockwork without me ever running about like a little lap dog for registration forms.

Sorry to hear the UK is not really well run for basic things like voting.

edit on 20-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'd support rebellion....preferably with a touch of controlled and well directed aggression.

But it ain't going to happen....not in the foreseeable future.

So all we have left is trying to use the existing system to bring about the change we desire.

I hope there is a high turnout in this General Election, there seems to be a bit more interest than there has been in recent elections.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I've already explained why I'm suggesting people don't vote.

Plus, it's not a case of I can't be arsed to vote - it's hardly much effort to open up a website and enter a few details, is it? It'd take a few minutes at most.

And really? They provide you with a bloody pencil?? A pencil that can so easily be erased so easily. Wow.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's hard to fault your logic mate, in all honesty! We agree on more than you think.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I've already explained why I'm suggesting people don't vote.

Plus, it's not a case of I can't be arsed to vote - it's hardly much effort to open up a website and enter a few details, is it? It'd take a few minutes at most.

And really? They provide you with a bloody pencil?? A pencil that can so easily be erased so easily. Wow.

I will look for your post tomorrow and get back to you

yes they provide a pencil, not a pen, funny eh
as I said lets hope the best man wins

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Haha, a pencil. Oh dear. That's really quite shocking. So easy to alter people's votes.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
iN the old USSR , if you didn't vote, you would be arrested and imprisioned for it , with a thorough interrogation to boot .

Just shows how desperate 'they' are for 'your' complicity in so-called democracies the world over .

Think about it - you ticked the paper (does NOT matter where) - now you gave 'them' (pedos mostly) the right to rule you over for 5 more years . They're DESPERATE for people's approval but none of them is worth a spit .

Dammit there's some suckers , so so many .

No there's no suggestion of any alterative , what's the point ? These are just facts . Sad facts .

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The only party that has electoral reform in its manifesto is the green party. We should support them on this.

I'm sick of Conservative/UKIP/labour/libdems they are all the same!
Neoliberal career politicians who are simply out to asset strip the British people and get themselves rich in the process.

Please vote green.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join