It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally gave up smoking for vaping!!! \o/

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'll see how I go
I think it will take a few months at least to wean myself down to a zero nicotine mix. I might just stick with vaping full time as it keep my hands occupied lol.

I get what you are saying about the cost but to be honest it's a fraction of the cost of tobacco,rolling papers and lighters which i seem to go through hundreds of lol

I'm just getting into building my own coils and the cost of wire and wick is next to nothing. 30ft of wire is just £5GBP and you only need a couple of inches at a time. Likewise organic cotton is also dirt cheap at about £2GBP for a huge pack.

I get my E juice with free delivery at £36GBP for 4x36ml bottles and they last me ages as i get 5 tanks full per 36ml and i only do about 2 tanks per week. (Estimated usage going on what I've used so far) That cost will drop when I go into making my own

I don't mind spending a bit on something I enjoy as I don't drink either so it's a pretty good value trade off as far as the cash goes

Peace,

M.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I keep reading conflicting information on the e-ciggs/vape. Some say it's just as dangerous or worse than regular cigarettes and others say it is harmless. If it helps someone to actually quit and then they quit the e-ciggs too, I say go for it!

The people saying it is more dangerous than cigarettes are paid for by your friendly neighbourhood tobacco company.
Independent studies have shown that to not be true.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

One deadly habit for one that is magnitudes less deadly.
For those like myself, who have tasted the nicotine. It's forever with us now. Studies have shown that non-smokers exposed to pure nicotine show no signs of dependence. Research on that side of the subject is very scarce, and the one study done on it was only with about 100 people so take it as you will. It occurs naturally in some goods we eat too. I don't see people clamouring over the counters to get their tomato fix
. But in smokers, once nicotine is introduced via tobacco, it just latches onto our brains. Obviously cravings go away over time, but they still happen.

Will i quit vaping? Eventually yes. No intentions of doing it in the near future. Why? Because i need it. The act of inhaling, putting the device to my lips is part of it, and of course the nicotine. Just like coffee, i need my nicotine at this juncture in my life. Though if i ever do give it up, its good to know if i get too stressed out, i have a better option than a cig. I suspect vaping will be way easier to quit than cigarettes.
edit on 20/4/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: murlock

I couldn't believe it when I saw your thread title.

Just less than week ago, I decided to take the plunge and bought a personal vaporizer. Several people that I work with use them and recommended a shop that specializes in that sort of thing. They have quite a selection of equipment. They also make their own e-juice.

The guy I talked to there was very helpful. I told him I was looking for something as a sort of starter kit that wasn't too pricey but user friendly. He recommended the Innokin iTaste vv 3.0. It has variable voltage and variable power settings and is usb chargeable.

I use when I'm just sitting and browsing the internet or watching TV. I still take a pack of cigs to work because I know that one cigarette and a bathroom visit during breaks is about the right timing. That has cut me down to only 3 or 4 cigarettes during the day, though, and I can tell a big difference in my chest.

So, from one newbie vaper to another, thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Well done
really glad you have taken the plunge and I hope you enjoying the satisfaction of a nice vape too
hopefully it wont be long before you vape at work instead of lighting one up

I just wicked my first sub ohm coil on my subtank RBA and its running great
not bad for a newbie
(pats self on back) my delivery of fresh juice will be arriving tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to trying a few new flavours
as well as cutting down on the nicotine levels

Thanks for contributing to the thread buddy and happy vaping!!

Peace,

M.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I just made a fairly large order today!

I try to get enough stuff to take advantage of the free shipping options

So i'm getting some kangertech coils for my genitank mega (and mini protanks if i ever use them again)
And 230ml of various flavours. (4x50ml, 1x30ml)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Good stuff

I bet it's not long before that new box mod appears on your shopping bill lol

MVP 3.0 rocks btw
running since Saturday and still have half power available. Plus I love the fact i can charge my phone from it if it starts to get a bit flat

Peace,

M.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Thanks....my stepfather died of lung cancer and in his last days he would say "in ww2, they army would give us cigs with rations, choclate etc". In the war days no one knw it was bad for us...and we got hooked"

He died from, my grandfather died from l.cancer, my mother had lung and part removed and died from the l.c. as well as a whole bunch of family, friends, associates etc....who knw back then?

Congrats and best of luck to all vaping and trying to change. God bless ya and thanks for the reply!

MS

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Can someone of you recommend good advanced personal vaporizer ?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zmajco

The Kanger subtank range are excellent. Just be sure the Battery you use is capable of firing down to 0.5 ohms and up to 30w and you should be fine
The Innokin MVP 3.0 is great.

Peace and Happy Vaping!!

M.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Congratulations and welcome to the fold

The only down side I've found as it can become a hobby , I'm about to get an Eleaf iStick 30w , never wanted a box mod but the option to adjust voltage and wattage and have so much power is too much to resist .... what can I say , I'm a bloke.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm starting to think this could end up being as expensive as smoking lol. Thankfully not as dangerous though. Unless my shelves of vaping gear fall on me of course lol.

The MVP is awesome as it has a 3800mAh battery and comes complete with an internally stored lead to act as a portable power supply for USB gadgets
that's what swayed me to buy it
It's also a VV/VW device.

PBusardo has a full review on his YouTube channel. defo worth taking a look

Peace,

M.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Thank you about your response Murlock, i did some research about Kanger subtank and it seams that i read some bad reviews. Anyway i found this one Vapor Shark RDNA so i need opinion before i buy.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zmajco

As far as I'm aware the only Subtank that received any criticism was the original version with it being leaky and having to swap out the chimneys when going from pre built to the rebuildable atomizers. These flaws have been addressed in the new version, the plus V2. That's the one I have and I can say that the O-rings are much better fitting now and are thicker too. The RBA section is now the same as the mini and the nano version too, removing the need to swap chimneys. Mine has not leaked a single drop so far and its a breeze to rebuild the RBA deck as it's really well designed. I would probably recommend the Subtank Mini though as the Plus, Although having massive capacity at 7ml is a 25mm design and does overhang the MVP 3.0 by 1mm each side and the front edge. The mini on the other hand is only 23mm in diameter and fits very nicely although it does hold less juice @ 4.5 ml. Both are very well priced for what you get in the box too! They are pretty much the go-to hybrid sub-ohm tanks for the moment at least. With the Kayfun V4 coming in very close behind. Its a really nice piece of kit, although its very expensive in comparison if you buy a genuine version and not a clone.

The Vapor shark you linked to is just the box mod and doesn't include a tank. Although it is a very good device as its based on the RDNA-40 mod. (Available as just a circuit board and screen). That's the very latest version of it that can run temperature sensing while running Nickel coils and they are very expensive. They do seem to work well once you get them running right, but I don't honestly think they are really worth the hype they are getting. That's just my opinion though, at the end of the day, it's up to you to decide. As far as I'm concerned any device that gets you off tobacco is a good thing

I would also point you to the new Innokin MVP 3 Pro that's due in early May. Fires down to 0.2 ohms and has up to 60w of power @ 9v max output. It has a 4200mAh internal battery and is the new version of mine. The MVP 3.0. That fires down to 0.4 ohms @30w & 9v and has a 3800mAh internal battery. Both have integrated power leads to enable charging of mini USB devices.

As I have previously mentioned I highly recommend you go to YouTube and to Pbusardo's channel. He has reviews on the RDNA-40 there so you can have a better look at it in action, as well as a whole host of other vaping gear. (He really is a vaping guru). He also has a review in the pipeline for the new Subtank Plus 7ml and the new MVP 3 Pro too if you want to hold out for a few weeks.

Hope that helps you out a little.
. If you need to know anything else just ask

Peace and Happy Vaping!

M.
edit on ApruThu, 30 Apr 2015 21:46:46 -0500Thursday20152015-04-30T21:46:46-05:00k by murlock because: Misleading info.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join