It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Migration/Immigration + Military drills (Integrated Advance) + Senate Hearings = ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ok, so without a doubt we have seen more migration/immigration to the US in the recent years. Coupled with the immigration plan from the current administration that allows a lot more in and a lot more rights, what is the purpose of drills such as "Integrated Advance"? I understand that they are "prepping" for mass migrations, but that is a direct result of allowing them to occur, so I would think these mass migrations would have been foreseen in the plan from the start.

Anywho...here is what I am talking about:

From a senate hearing, here is a quote from the commander of Southern Hemisphere forces:

Source

Planning for Contingencies. Finally, planning and preparing for crisis and contingency
response are essential elements of U.S. Southern Command’s mission. Contingency planning
and preparation, including exercises
like PANAMAX, FUSED
RESPONSE, and INTEGRATED
ADVANCE, prepares our
organization to respond to various
scenarios such as an attack on critical infrastructure, Caribbean mass migration, humanitarian
crises, natural disasters, or the evacuation of U.S. citizens in the region. We work closely with
the Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) and other interagency and
regional partners to monitor events like the increase in Haitian and Cuban migrant flows, the
potential spread of infectious diseases like Ebola, and the devastating drought in Central
America, all of which could trigger a crisis event. While we stand ready to support U.S.
government response efforts should the need arise, mandated budget and workforce reductions
limit our ability to rapidly respond to any significant contingency without substantial
headquarters augmentation.

So their contingency plan specifically targets Caribbean Mass Migration....why is that?

It seems Caribbean migration is a larger beat than I originally knew of or even thought about:

Source

One in three black residents in Miami is now an immigrant, a reflection of a nationwide trend that shows immigrants making up a rising share of the country’s black population, according to a new Pew Research Center study.

Perhaps not surprising, most of the black migration in Miami and across the country has come from the Caribbean where President Barack Obama traveled this week on the first presidential visit to Jamaica in three decades.

“We are not just nations, we’re also neighbors,” Obama told the enthusiastic crowd at the University of West Indies in Jamaica. “Tens of millions of Americans are bound to the Caribbean and the Americas through ties of commerce, but also ties of kin. More than one million Americans trace their ancestry to Jamaica.”

The number of black immigrants in the United States has more than quadrupled since 1980. The growth is expected to continue. The Census Bureau projects that by 2060, 16.5 percent of U.S. blacks will be immigrants. In all, there are 3.8 million black immigrants in the country today. And that number is expected to reach 11.9 million by 2060.

So then we come to the article from the JECC about operation "Integrated Advance" from this year:

Source< br />

NAVAL STATION NORFOLK, Va. – From Feb. 21 – 27, the Joint Enabling Capabilities Command (JECC) collaborated with approximately 600 personnel from the Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of State (DOS), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and various Florida agencies during the execution of U.S. Southern Command’s (USSOUTHCOM) exercise Integrated Advance 2015 (IA-15). This biennial exercise validated USSOUTHCOM’s ability to support DHS and DOS during a humanitarian crisis.

This year’s exercise, which focused on a simulated large-scale migration, was designed to improve command and control among participating governmental agencies. Similar to a real-world operation, IA-15 exercise participants were dispersed across multiple locations with separate, but complementary tasks and responsibilities. Therefore, the ability to seamlessly integrate with exercise partners was a key training objective of IA-15.

So...what is the issue with large migrations from the Caribbean area and why is that specifically noted? Is there something pending we haven't heard about?

From what I have read, there is a specific threat to their infrastructure....energy crisis:

Source

Analysts warn a sudden energy shortage could create security problems not far from U.S. shores and even trigger mass migration. But thanks to its domestic energy boom, the United States has a rare opportunity to get out in front of the crisis and possibly build some goodwill of its own.

"Ten years ago, we never would have thought about being able to export U.S.-produced gas or oil," Marczak says. "We were frankly just worried about having enough gas and oil ourselves."

The federal government still prohibits U.S. companies from exporting crude oil. But the United States has become a big supplier of refined products to the Caribbean. And liquid natural gas could be next.

So...a sudden energy shortage could create security problems and mass migration? And somehow now we have the oil production to be able to supply the Caribbean. And all of this on the heals of bettering our relations with Cuba?

So I guess my question here would be, are we actually more preparing for a mass migration from Cuba and the possible threats that could come from there? Seems a lot of stink over nations that most would consider non-threats....

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ok, so without a doubt we have seen more migration/immigration to the US in the recent years.

lost me there.

Mexican immigration is now net zero ...or less.

Net migration from all countries is falling

edit on 20-4-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: added link

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh....and I forgot about this part:

Source

Military Construction. In support of our nationally-directed contingency response
mission, we are also seeking $28 million in funding to construct basic horizontal infrastructure
that would be needed to operate migrant camps at Guantanamo in the event of a maritime mass
migration.

So the military is seeking $28 Million in funding right now in order to facilitate operational camps at Guantanamo for mass migration.

Is there a mass migration on the horizon? Is there a planned energy attack in the Caribbean area? What if there was a massive energy shortage due to PetroCaribe not being able to provide, or not willing to provide? So Venezuela and Russia have a pretty nice relationship with an arms for oil type of deal.

Could Russia purposely be mounting an energy crisis on our southern hemisphere neighbors to allow for a mass migration/inundation of our borders? In essence creating a lot of chaos to deflect news of an actual operation of some sort?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Ok, so without a doubt we have seen more migration/immigration to the US in the recent years.

lost me there.

That would be because I didn't say anything about Mexico....you must have gotten lost at "Caribbean"....

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

lost me there.

Net migration from all countries is falling

You edited after I was posting:

Your second link only shows legal migrations. What I am talking about is mass migration, not legal migration. That would be the reason for the next post I had on having a "holding" area at Guantanamo built specifically for this application.

And of course legal migrations are on the downturn.....that is because the US is allowing illegal migrations to become legal once they are here....they would not be included in the figures. That and the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants in the US that don't tend to report that they are here.....hard to include in a study I would think.
edit on 4/20/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
In FY14 the Coast Guard reported detaining or turning away 5,580 Haitians, 3,940 Cubans, and "hundreds" from the Dominican Republic and other nations. An increase of at least 3,000 people over FY13. For FY15, that started October 1, 2014, they've already stopped over 1900 people.

www.numbersusa.com...

People think the immigration laws have changed, making it easier for them to stay, so more are trying to get here.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
In FY14 the Coast Guard reported detaining or turning away 5,580 Haitians, 3,940 Cubans, and "hundreds" from the Dominican Republic and other nations. An increase of at least 3,000 people over FY13. For FY15, that started October 1, 2014, they've already stopped over 1900 people.

www.numbersusa.com...

People think the immigration laws have changed, making it easier for them to stay, so more are trying to get here.

I am thinking this resurgence in the talking points and countries visited by the administration has more to do with the PetroCaribe and where it is headed. Seems both the US and Russia are actively trying to win over the southern hemisphere in a pretty heavy manner recently.

There is a LOT of activity going on in the petrocaribe countries right now.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
China is getting big in Jamaica right now
buying up property's
& taking on big civil construction projects.

funny thing is
I am trying to immigrate
there... from U.S.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have no confirming-info ...

however

I had a relating-suspicion on Apr, 15 2015:

Lots of Fuses Pointing-To ... Out-of-Control

( and/or places where to ... run-to-safety? )

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I mean to me it looks like preparations for World War 3.

I thought they were going to make Assad fall first and then Iran.... And then, Russia. Now I am not so sure. The game on Russia seems the most heated at the moment.

World War would definitely cause an Oil shortage. Anyone buying up extra? prices are good now..

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just speculating here. Perhaps the US senses some possibility for "danger," whatever that may be, in the Caribbean. In such an event, the US would like to be able to have relationships and training in place to be able to work with those nations to combat the threat. That's pretty much stating the obvious. But, maybe the mass migration is referring to evacuation of the 3.7 million natural-born American citizens from Puerto Rico as a part of that response?

Moving citizens from Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands is the only thing that makes sense to me when thinking about the US undertaking some sort of mass migration of people from that region. Again, just some thoughts/speculation.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

I remeber how the Japanese were buying up property ALL over the US then went belly up from corruption and cronyism.
I wonder how that would parallel this situation?
WE expect reports "from the inside" if things should take a down turn there.
edit on 20-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My guess would be climate change.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Don't forget about the Syrian Muslim Refugees coming to a city near you.

List Of 190 Cities Where Obama Will Be Placing Syrian Muslim Refugees

www.truthandaction.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Maybe it isn't mass migration is, but out? Then you have to wonder what would cause people to flee the US? And why would they be planning for that?

Maybe there is something they know about Yellowstone they aren't telling us ...

new topics

top topics

join