It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

Is it even worth it

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If you read my Breaking the Strong Delusion: Our Morality vs. Gods Morality thread, you'll get a good idea what kind of character I think your God is. So if the traditional narrative of Christianity is true, no thanks.

I'll stick to my atheism. I was a Christian once, just FYI. You don't need to shower me with scripture or try and prove anything to me. The Bible is full of failed prophecies, inconsistencies, inaccuracies and impossibilities. Among other things. It doesn't withstand very much scrutiny.

edit on 5-1-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
How lets say God talked to a certain person one man like abraham,moses who ever my spellng is bad but we dont or cannot say it never happened.

We can't say it did either.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Christian values founded in north america like the rest of the west.

Christian values were pushed onto the Native population by conquerors and slave traders. Try again.

Real truth of America's democracy is:

“The Iroquois Great Law of Peace and the U.S. Constitution.” Convened by the university’s American Indian Studies Program, some 200 scholars examined scholarly and historical evidence that the earth’s oldest democracy isn’t the United States of America, but rather the Six Nation Confederacy of the Iroquois.

Read more at indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Christian values founded in north america like the rest of the west.

Christian values were pushed onto the Native population by conquerors and slave traders. Try again.

Real truth of America's democracy and values is: (later corrupted by Christians)

“The Iroquois Great Law of Peace and the U.S. Constitution.” Convened by the university’s American Indian Studies Program, some 200 scholars examined scholarly and historical evidence that the earth’s oldest democracy isn’t the United States of America, but rather the Six Nation Confederacy of the Iroquois.

When the first Europeans swept into the northeast of the New World, far from finding a organizational blank canvass on which to create a brand new system of government, it should be part of the curriculum for students in the Americas to understand that they instead encountered a highly organized, very powerful alliance of six nations that controlled a giant expanse of territory, from the St. Lawrence river south into Pennsylvania and west into Illinois. The Iroquois League was, and still is, the oldest participatory democracy on Earth.

Read more at indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

edit on 1-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok what about personal human testimony, see no one will accept that but they accept all this ufo rubbish, they both and all a spiritual thing no one will see that cause of peaple in a certain state of mind.

UFO rubbish? I never said anything about accepting anything about UFO's. I don't accept that premise either. There isn't any evidence of UFO's.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Exactly! Ben Franklin wrote extensively about the respect he had for the "Savages". He even uses that term tongue in cheek. I've read this essay a few times. It's pretty interesting.

Remarks Concerning the Savages of North America

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Is it even worth it

Not sure if you have noticed, but quoting your self here probably will not help you much. There is 'Edit' button and you have few hours to edit your initial post, use that feature, it will help you...

As for your claim that you saw angels and daemons, care to tell bit more... Hope it's not after use of strong drugs...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
a reply to: misskat1
Sounds like you've fed into the main stream agnostic/atheistic propaganda.

Why yes, asking questions to the religious about contradictions in their dogma is TOTALLY agnostic/atheist propaganda. It totally couldn't be that the religion itself isn't coherent.

That's ok. Because it's tough to face what's popular and be different.

So Christianity is forecast to be the majority religion in America for the next 50+ years. Tell me again what is popular and what is different, because I'm not sure you actually know that answer.

But believe me there is a higher power. Living matter doesn't spring from non living matter. THAT IS SCIENCE. But a lot of religions have done so many nasty horrible things. But maybe you have not stumbled across the right genuine ones who aren't in it for the money...? Maybe they'll be knocking on your door if you truly hope to find the truth. Jesus said his true followers would go door to door. You can see by their fruits too. Ask questions. Don't give up. Hit me up for my PM's if you want and I can give more info.

I sure hope the right ones don't go door to door. No one likes those people.

Of course they don't. "No one" sounds pretty trending to me...

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join