It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

If there is any truth in what a person focus's on and talks about is what will come to pass, then I kinda think that a lot of these prophecies are coming true, because we have been manifesting this for 2,000 years.

So what you're saying is that, instead of following the good nature of the Bible, most choose to follow the path of evil..or the easy way? I am not condemning anyone...I do the same. I do know that the Bible is the correct way though.

Matthew 7:13 ~ Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat.

It means...very few walk the path of true Godliness, and most take the path of evil, even if they think they are doing good. Without accepting Christ as your personal savior......you join the others in damnation. (not my words, the Bibles). I have accepted, but I am not a good person...I am VERY bad, I only have hope....because I am not only a sinner, but I am a pretty bad person. I may be joining the rest, despite believing...not sure how it works in its nuances.
edit on 20-4-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Bad means good these days, Wicked means good, White Witches are accepted....even though they are still witches and deny GOD, Gay people (and I don't judge, I have gay friends and I treat them normally), they are now accepted and straights are ridiculed.

No.

"Straights" are not ridiculed. Not in the least. (Religious fanatics, however, are, and for good reason.)

And "White Witches" (I am one) do not deny "GOD". We simply see the 'unseen' differently - but, whatever....this is not the thread in which to make that point.

"Gays" are people. "They" feel everything, just like you do: pain, rejection, ostracization, fear, hope, perseverance, dignity.......

Who are you to judge?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Eh, don't trip. Can't lose what wasn't real. No loss. Be glad you were woken up to the real. And donut ever lose sight of the real nature of spirituality vs. man made religion.

You'll be fine.

What has helped you get through this process?

Time and experience.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Bad means good these days, Wicked means good, White Witches are accepted....even though they are still witches and deny GOD, Gay people (and I don't judge, I have gay friends and I treat them normally), they are now accepted and straights are ridiculed.

No.

"Straights" are not ridiculed. Not in the least. (Religious fanatics, however, are, and for good reason.)

And "White Witches" (I am one) do not deny "GOD". We simply see the 'unseen' differently - but, whatever....this is not the thread in which to make that point.

"Gays" are people. "They" feel everything, just like you do: pain, rejection, ostracization, fear, hope, perseverance, dignity.......

A god is a god...we all have one. Do you believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he died for your sins, rose again on the third day, and ascended to heaven. I just want to know that we are on the same page here.
Who are you to judge?

edit on 20-4-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Well, I personally think the Christian God is a complete jackass (see my morality thread in sig) and don't think the character of Satan is very well fleshed out in the Bible. As anything other than a scapegoat. Dunno if I want to discuss it in thread, not exactly the intent behind the OP.

edit on 4-20-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: format

link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: booyakasha
Atheism is just as much of a religious belief system as anything else.

No, it isn't. It's the antithesis to religious beliefs.

Sorry, but not accurate enough.

Atheism in itself is governed by conscious decisions to separate from something that apparently does not exist.

It really offers nothing more than another set of rules to live by , that are largely still based on the religions, just going against it.

Therefore, almost as bad, and certainly not looking for anything better, which is why nothing better is coming from "atheists".

link   

A god id a god...we all have one. Do you believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he died for your sins, rose again on the third day, and ascended to heaven. I just want to know that we are on the same page here.

No.
I don't believe that.
We are not on the same page.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Atheism offers no rules to live by.

It is only a position of non belief.

Everything else is dependent on the person.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Why does one need to worship more than another does ??

This is interesting and science does not seem to want to go into these areas, which is a precise indicator that all of these systems are in large part "handled" to ensure no one gets near escaping the conundrums of earth.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

No.

Who are you to judge?

I am not judging. I have gay friends actually. God judges. If you want references that straights are being ostracized, and gays ascended ...ask me, and I will deliver proof, in droves. Just ask.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Why does one need to worship more than another does ??

This is interesting and science does not seem to want to go into these areas, which is a precise indicator that all of these systems are in large part "handled" to ensure no one gets near escaping the conundrums of earth.

Science always asks questions...and delivers answers...but they always seem to update those answers every few years....the Bible is static, does not change, and is 100% with its predictions.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

ask me, and I will deliver proof, in droves. Just ask.

I already have asked.
I took your dare. Right here in this thread.

Where's your proof?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

After all, if you don't believe in the hereafter, then why bother sacrificing anything for anyone, or having any morals? Perhaps that's why religions were formed in the first place.

That's the thing - people don't have to believe in the hereafter to be good. They don't have to believe in "heaven" or "hell" to realize what needs to be done for their fellow humans.

Lack of religion DOES NOT EQUAL no morals.
Just, no.

Very true! But there are millions of people who cut back on their evilness, attend church, repent, confess, etc.. simply because they want to have a good "life" after death. Christianity (and probably other religions) use the threat of torment after death to encourage kindness to others while living.
edit on 4/20/2015 by carewemust because: ?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I was just saying that if there is any truth in the teachings that say we create our own realities, then our collective conscience might be creating Armageddon.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

ask me, and I will deliver proof, in droves. Just ask.

I already have asked.
I took your dare. Right here in this thread.

Where's your proof?

I will deliver tomorrow. I have to go to bed tonight (work tomorrow morning)...I will deliver though.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Christianity (and probably other religions) use the threat of torment after death to encourage kindness to others while living.

Precisely!

And is that "love"? No - that is CONTROL.
Do some people refrain from violent, savage behavior because they are afraid? YES, they do.

Do some gain comfort and strength from believing in the fantasy of "God"? Yes, they do.

My point is that a normal, healthy, nurtured and loved child does not NEED religion to cope with life, or to do good things.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I will deliver tomorrow. I have to go to bed tonight (work tomorrow morning)...I will deliver though.

Ah.
Of course -
sleep sweet!!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Science always asks questions...and delivers answers...but they always seem to update those answers every few years....the Bible is static, does not change, and is 100% with its predictions.

Science updates and fluctuates depending on new information and understanding. When something is shown to be wrong the theory updates or is cast aside in favor of a new one with better explanations. The Bible is static because faith trumps admitting the Bible is wrong. Your claim that the Bible is 100% accurate in its predictions is false. I suggest you do some research into failed Biblical prophecies. There are plenty. Some involving Nebuchadnezzar come to mind. Starting point.

edit on 4-20-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Ill look tomorrow, Thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What a brave post. Well done, OP. And well done with your departure from religion, which is nothing more than organized brainwashing of billions, most of whom are too idiotic to realize the brainwashing.

If you need any help at all in embracing your departure from religion, please, you have only to ask.

Bravo.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join