It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I was raised Catholic for 18 years. Went to Catholic from 1st to 12th grade. When i went to college i found ATS randomly looking into a different subject. I saw a Thread titled The pagan origins of Christianity, or something along those lines, and was afraid to click on it for a couple months. I read about many other topics before i had the guts to click on that thread. I finally did and it sent me on a truth chase.

I was pretty angry at first, especially with my mom, for making me go to a school I hated my whole life and unknowingly brainwashing me. However i felt really lucky to have my mind set free from the confines of a belief system. This was in 2003. To this day I am still working on not getting so angry with people blindly following religions that are so obviously used as a means of suppressing and using the masses.

11 years ago no one would give you the time of day if you told them Jesus was actually a metaphor for the Sun. Today people are starting to wake up. It seems like once a week i'll have a conversation with someone about 9-11 being an inside job, all religions being based on astrology, the federal reserve, I've actually seen UFO's with friends. The world is starting to wake up. Its taking a lot longer than I thought it would, but it is happening.

Do not be afraid, do not be bummed, be happy. This is the freeing of humanity we are witnessing. We are about to have the biggest celebration the planet Earth has ever seen. This is the biggest show in the universe (according to channeled information) and we are living through it.

I feel like i have to tell you about santos bonacci. He talks about astro theology. An ancient religion that once united the Entire Earth. Basically Christiany, islam, and judiasm, the three monotheistic religions are based off this science. Watch this one video and if you like it there are tons more, if not, one day you'll be back if you keep following the truth.

Another thing you should look into is meditation and astral projection. There are ton of really cool mind tricks, aka spirituality, that you can learn that religion is trying their hardest to hide from you. I would search the internet, or just here at ATS, there are a ton of members here that are very knowledgeable in spirituality and different forms of meditation.

Anyway, happy journeys and good luck on finding your truth.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: glass87onion

And you shouldn't need things like "recoveringfromreligion" to understand the simple fact that there is no God.

Whoa that was harsh. Do you not realize how many MILLIONS of people are starting to finally question their 'faith' (BS), and how much they need help?

People need help when they need help.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: glass87onion

And you shouldn't need things like "recoveringfromreligion" to understand the simple fact that there is no God.

Whoa that was harsh. Do you not realize how many MILLIONS of people are starting to finally question their 'faith' (BS), and how much they need help?

People need help when they need help.

He hasn't experienced what it's like to have been in religion for decades, then try to free yourself from thinking the way you have for all those years. It can be downright frightening for many people, and very hard to overcome. I think it's cool there are places popping up willing to help people through that.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
another thing , just because religion is BS. Doesn't mean there is no God or no purpose in life. Now that you have broken through the religion barrier you are that much closer to finding god. Atheism is just as much of a religious belief system as anything else.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

OP - if you haven't seen it, you could watch the movie Religulous. It's pretty great.

Yes.

And also, yes, Benevolent Heritic, it's a fantastic idea and approach to life - the Nature thing.

I ALWAYS felt more spiritual when I was in nature. Just the other day, I was thinking about one of the most perfect days of my life (about 20 years ago) --- I rode my mare (whose delivery at birth I attended) and my sweet dog Faith came with us - into the bluffs by the river here....where I used to have privilege of riding trails. After a couple of hours I returned, and then went to a nearby lake where my dad and mom were going to meet me to go Sailing on our boat.

It was an absolutely, unforgettably fabulous day in my life.

(Not the ONLY unforgettable day - but a very vivid one.)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

It is indeed a cult religion. But, after searching many others, Im convinced that all Religions are cultish. All seem to be grandchildren of the Catholics. Thinking of the pope as my father, makes me puke a little.

Hey! I was Mormon for 5 years.

I think its probably the same. It's a belief you live 24/7. It is not a belief you just go to church on Sunday.

I loved being Mormon, well except for the fundamental religious part. The rest of it, the people, the family, the BBQs, etc. It was wonderful.
edit on 20-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
another thing , just because religion is BS. Doesn't mean there is no God or no purpose in life. Now that you have broken through the religion barrier you are that much closer to finding god. Atheism is just as much of a religious belief system as anything else.

Atheism is a lack of belief in deities. No more. No less. It is not a religion. Atheism has no doctrine, no bible, no tenants, and no rituals.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Atheism is just as much of a religious belief system as anything else.

No, it isn't. It's the antithesis to religious beliefs.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Im wondering if Spiritual Truth is located in the places where these God stories converge in sameness?

That is exactly where it is.
Find the most positive common denominator......

which is the golden rule.
Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Accept that things are what they are, and know that things change. CHANGE is the only constant. And the Golden Rule is really all that matters.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LiberLegit

I don't care what anyone believes, but the condescending tone of everyone on here makes me cringe - it's a common thread on all these conspiracy websites. If "the truth" is being an asshole to those who believe differently, then you can go seek it yourselves.

Sorry.....who is being an "asshole" to anyone here in this thread???

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I was defending my religious faith one time, and a good friend said "Arent you glad you were born into the right religion? I feel really sorry for those who were born into the wrong religion".

If you were an Israelite born around the time of King Solomon you would have effectively been born into the only true religion of the day, just saying. So it's not impossible.

I agree that Christianity has had many false doctrines embedded in it for centuries, things like purgatory and eternal hellfire, doctrines designed by the clergy to control people. The trinity is another big one.

Ultimately the bible, Jesus and his Father, God; is the way to the truth of reality for a spiritual person.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The Dead Sea Scrolls and others, were placed by Satan after the death of Jesus to muddle the waters. That's what I would do if I were Satan and still Prince and Manager of this world.
edit on 20-4-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Ah yes.. the ole if it doesn't line up with the Bible, Satan did it?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Misskat1, I started "de-programming" myself after joining ATS around 2008. Since being baptized as a young boy in a Michigan Baptist church in 1964, Christianity had been "the only way" to salvation. All others were going to burn in hell for belonging to "false" religions.

Extremely logical and wise members here on ATS made me open my mind. After all, if only 15% of the world are Christians, then, according to Christian teachings, our Loving Creator-Father is allowing the Devil to take the other 85% of Gods children for eternal, never-ending torment and punishment. If this were true, it would mean that:
1. God does not love his children.
OR
2. God is not as powerful as Satan.

I refuse to accept either premise. But unfortunately, I'm now in somewhat of a void. I started a thread here in ATS 2 years ago..asking what the general consensus is regarding God knowing our personal futures from the day we're conceived. The Bible says that God knows everything about us before we're born. If so, that raises even more troubling questions. (See my signature line...). However, If God does NOT know our individual futures, then that makes him less than all-knowing, which means that mankind is just living an experiment... with no guarantee of any existence after death. A big VOID is left without some kind of rock-fast belief system of the hereafter. After all, if you don't believe in the hereafter, then why bother sacrificing anything for anyone, or having any morals? Perhaps that's why religions were formed in the first place.

edit on 4/20/2015 by carewemust because: no reason given

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Ah yes.. the ole if it doesn't line up with the Bible, Satan did it?

Satan lines up well within the Biblical text. Considering the prophesies that have come true so far as well as the current goings on..the chip (or mark of the Beast) which one cannot buy, nor sell without the chip....pretty much solidifies proof. Right hand or forhead, 1.7 million dollar study that these are the places the chips will be placed. Ask me for the proof, I dare you!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I meant in situations where something sheds doubt on the validity of the Biblical narrative it's because Satan is doing something to deceive people?

At any rate, Satan seems like the more likable guy, imo.

Edit: I don't mind if you share any/all proofs you consider (maybe a U2U would be more appropriate if you decide to share a bunch of stuff). I've honestly probably seen it, and considered it. I don't know for sure though. I disagree about any prophecies being fulfilled and think maybe you should raise your standard of evidence or dig deeper for more information.

edit on 4-20-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

After all, if you don't believe in the hereafter, then why bother sacrificing anything for anyone, or having any morals? Perhaps that's why religions were formed in the first place.

That's the thing - people don't have to believe in the hereafter to be good. They don't have to believe in "heaven" or "hell" to realize what needs to be done for their fellow humans.

Lack of religion DOES NOT EQUAL no morals.
Just, no.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Ask me for the proof, I dare you!

Dare accepted.
Where's your proof?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

If there is any truth in what a person focus's on and talks about is what will come to pass, then I kinda think that a lot of these prophecies are coming true, because we have been manifesting this for 2,000 years.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I meant in situations where something sheds doubt on the validity of the Biblical narrative it's because Satan is doing something to deceive people?

At any rate, Satan seems like the more likable guy, imo.

He is the more likable guy, because its his world currently. Bad means good these days, Wicked means good, White Witches are accepted....even though they are still witches and deny GOD, Gay people (and I don't judge, I have gay friends and I treat them normally), they are now accepted and straights are ridiculed. A third of the waters will be poisoned...Fukishima has made sure this has happened. People in the last days will curse GOD....this is an every day occurrence, whereas before it was never heard of. I have countless examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join