It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I like the theory, just don't see evidence for it. I've heard it or similar ones before. If I recall correctly there are some verses in Daniel that some people attribute to referencing the Earths existence prior to Genesis. A lot of what you say reminds me of Sitchin and by extension other ancient aliens/ancient tech proponents. And as I mentioned yesterday, I don't take any of those people very seriously. Until I see some credible evidence from credible people I will continue to hold that the "little hints" as you call them are just wishful thinking.
edit on 4-27-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo. I said saw when I meant see

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I like the theory, just don't see evidence for it. I've heard it or similar ones before. If I recall correctly there are some verses in Daniel that some people attribute to referencing the Earths existence prior to Genesis. A lot of what you say reminds me of Sitchin and by extension other ancient aliens/ancient tech proponents. And as I mentioned yesterday, I don't take any of those people very seriously. Until I see some credible evidence from credible people I will continue to hold that the "little hints" as you call them are just wishful thinking.

well i first saw pre-adamic earth data in a book called god's plan for man. the guy did some very intense research into all the ancient hebrew, chaldean and aramaic. so i set off to see if he was right, and by golly, he was. however, i took it a step further, since i had read about the various authors scholars had found in the passages, who were given one letter designations like E or J (elohim source, jehovah source, etc). twas then i considered the second source confused the first cataclysm with the black sea flood, and weaved into the flood account. this means the 32 animal flood reference is not for noah, but rather, noah was one of the pre-adamic elohim, along with his sons, and it was they who repopulated the earth after the ice age. we are all literally, the kin of noah or at least, one of his "sons"
edit on 27-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
"Hitler was a Christian. This undeniable fact couldn’t be made any clearer than by his own confessions. Yet, I will not merely present you with these testimonies, as damning as they happen to be on their own, but I also intend on furnishing you with a brief history of the inherent anti-Semitism of the Christian religion. I will do so to demonstrate beyond any reasonable doubt that Hitler and his Christian Nazi Party were acting in complete concordance with traditional Christian anti-Semitism."

So urce

I'm going to have to disagree on the claim about Hitler being a Christian. Yes, I am fully aware of the numerous amount of pro Christian sentiments, and claims to the faith that he held. I made a thread about it actually. I have to admit that perhaps he was not a Christian. Nor do I believe he was an atheist. He may have been a Christian in a very loose sense. A denomination of his own skewed invention. But he also made many anti-Christian statements and attacks. I honestly think it's hard for us to know with absolute certainty what Hitler believed as we all know he was no stranger to lying for his cause, and propaganda. That's my two cents at any rate.

edit on 4-27-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

was the info about him being a member of the vril society, not true?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I don't know, sorry.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I don't know, sorry.

interesting video on the subject

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

How come the Biblical account is more or less the most accurate one, once these clues etc. have been deciphered? Why not accounts from older religions? Why not Hinduism?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I own that DVD actually, lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

How come the Biblical account is more or less the most accurate one, once these clues etc. have been deciphered? Why not accounts from older religions? Why not Hinduism?

i don't think hinduism is older. i think its the same age as the rest of them. i've done some preliminary study of hinduism and find it interesting, but i haven't as yet been able to give it an honest study. i've spent most of my time trying to detangle the etymology between sumer, akkad, babylon, assyria and egypt.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I own that DVD actually, lol.

yeah that's definitely not christianity . lol for example, there's a warning not to treat jewish people badly and also in revelation, it says 10,000 male virgin jews are like the heroes who save the day. unless hitler was a male virgin jew, lol, i don't think hitler read his new testament, if'n ya know what i mean lol

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Hinduism is the oldest practiced religions in the world.

Either way though. All things aside. Have you read the Mahabharata? Or Ramayana? Both are extremely awesome, and good reads.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

In the book of Enoch there is a fragment of the birth of Noah, you might be interested in, it sort of supports your theory. He was born "different", and Enoch said "God will do a new thing in the earth". I wonder if he meant a new race of man as you indicated in your theory??

www.sacred-texts.com...

10. Unto Lamech my son there hath been born a son, the like of whom there is none, and his nature is not like man's nature, and the colour of his body is whiter than snow and redder than the bloom of a rose, and the hair of his head is whiter than white wool, and his eyes are like the rays of the sun, and he opened his eyes and thereupon lighted up the whole house. 11. And he arose in the hands of the midwife, and opened his mouth and blessed the Lord of heaven. 12. And his father Lamech became afraid and fled to me, and did not believe that he was sprung from him, but that he was in the likeness of the angels of heaven; and behold I have come to thee that thou mayest make known to me the truth.' 13. And I, Enoch, answered and said unto him: 'The Lord will do a new thing on the earth, and this I have already seen in a vision, and make known to thee that in the generation of my father Jared some of the angels of heaven transgressed the word of the Lord.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wow. Last time I looked there weren't even 33 replies, let alone pages. Did I miss anything?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: ketsuko
Understand that this is the same Penn who also recently said in an interview that gay weddings had to do with gay sex which is extraordinarily untrue.

I like Penn and Teller, but they aren't exactly what I would call definitive authorities on this or many other subjects.

And if you are going to get upset with the idea that pastor guides a congregation on what a scripture might mean, then why are you telling us we ought to take Penn and Teller's word for it? Isn't that sort of the same thing?

It is unfortunate state of media here in USA that for news you have to go to CC (Comedy Central - Daily Show) or for this mater, for objective view of religion, you have comedians cover it, such as late George Carlin, Pen And Teller, Bill Maher, Jim Jefferies... and they all bring very important questions but through fun and jokes.

There is value in those videos, well made observation, and according to latest polls, it shows slight decline in religion. Not at speed that I would like, but still, progress is progress...

Sorry guys to use videos, but if picture is thousands words, this videos are worth books...

Congrats on the 100 posting of these videos on ATS...

Unfortunately, the true winner is 101 posting....me...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
p.s. it also does away with slavery and declares men and women are the same in the sight of god. 2000 years ago, slavery was outlawed for christians to partake in and women were to be treated equal to men, though in marriage, the relationship was slightly different. it's a very nice different though

too bad nobody listened to him. he was awesome.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Hinduism is the oldest practiced religions in the world.

Either way though. All things aside. Have you read the Mahabharata? Or Ramayana? Both are extremely awesome, and good reads.

yeah i had to sift thru the mahabharata in search of the verses regarding the flying cars, just recently (in the past year). here's a horrible video i did about my finds, in my attempt to debunk a few items in the ancient aliens debunked video (they just went too far, they weren't entirely wrong, from what i could tell, just wrong in a few key places) .

warning, i have a really bad speaking voice.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
p.s. it also does away with slavery and declares men and women are the same in the sight of god. 2000 years ago, slavery was outlawed for christians to partake in and women were to be treated equal to men, though in marriage, the relationship was slightly different. it's a very nice different though

too bad nobody listened to him. he was awesome.

Aren't you contradicting Bible witch gave clear instructions about slaves? Same goes for other Abrahamic religions...

Exodus 21:7 If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.

NIV

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

i think there are two different jehovahs in the old testament, at the very least, and in a couple cases, pharaohs sharing similar title. michael heiser explains that the word elohim was pretty much interchangeable with the dearly departed, angels, god, gods, and a few other uppity ups in the old testament. i'm thinking some of the other titles attributed to jehovah were also interchangeable for pharaohs, as the people viewed them as living gods.

going back to sumerian texts, there were two gods in particular that were not particularly fond of one another. one owned the planet like a piece of real estate and hated humans, and the other created humans and was frequently getting them out of trouble with the owner. these two guys ended up smooshed together into one god, in the old testament.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Or could it be possible, by any chance, that book as well all other cultures myths is just fiction?

Do you ever consider that?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Or could it be possible, by any chance, that book as well all other cultures myths is just fiction?

Do you ever consider that?

of course i did. then i came to my senses and realized that it wasn't because for 5000 years people didn't know how to write down what was happening to them, but because we just didn't understand what we were reading.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join