It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's a shame your faith is leaving you, but it is said that in the 'end times' there will be a great falling away. Congratulations are in order I guess, you're now part of it.

Each to their own though, I only hope you leave room in your heart for correction at least if, God forbid you do enter the tribulation. Though, hey, it might not happen!

Who knows eh.

Truly a sad day though. I'm sorry. It's okay though, you'll get much encouragement on this site, so I'll be the counter voice. Please hold on.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I was having questions at a young age, I remember kicking through dead leaves and wondering if dead leaves go to heaven. Then I remember asking a teacher what God looked like and not getting a comprehensive answer. Then I gave the whole thing up when I read the God delusion. I'd never really been religious, but this ended most doubts. I don't feel I miss anything from not having religion in my life. I imagine it must be difficult being religious and trying to shoe horn religious belief into a modern world with all we know now. I don't really know what I believe in, but I don't see a problem with that no one really knows

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

As MissKat said "Arent you glad you were born into the right religion? I feel really sorry for those who were born into the wrong religion".

link   
a reply to: misskat1

When it comes to Richard Dawkins, if your looking to challenge your religious beliefs, then obviously you want to look at the iconic 'The God Delusion' (there's also a documentary on youtube). But if you want to better understand the process of evolution, then you'd probably want to look at 'The Greatest Show On Earth', or my all time favorite 'The Ancestors Tale'.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I was raised a Jehovah Witness, so when I walked away, I also lost all my family. I will check into Dawkins research thank you.

I never read any material by any atheist. Actually, still haven't.

I came to the realization of "lack of belief in a god" through my own mind.

Besides Christian, I was also exposed to Power of Positive thought. And I worked in the field of metaphysical books/tapes/lectures for a few years.

While I still believe in Power of Positive Thought, and there is something beyond what we see ---- I don't believe in any "fluff" or rituals that comes with a defined belief.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Never really had the Christian religion bug and got direct spiritual information from the other side of the veil without need of any human created faith.

Kinda makes it easier when things are revealed plain and logical to you without much effort. Like the energy feeling/vibration in the body. Make me want to hug dogs, cats other animals and maybe spin a little energy into them so they relax even further if they are sensitive to it.

A being in total relaxed state enjoying being is a beautiful thing to see.

edit on 20-4-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thank you for creating this thread and the information you have provided; I am going through something similar...time to learn more truth!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
When I came to ATS, I was looking for answers to what is really going on in the world. But, in the process, I have had my Religious Belief Systems challenged. For the past few years, I have experienced a Deprogramming of False Belief Systems. This has been a painful experience. Believe me when I tell you, its pretty depressing to find out what you have lived and made life decisions on for 50 years is nothing but BS (Belief Systems). I found out that these belief systems were installed only to control me. They had nothing to do with the truth.

So just out of interest what has been your biggest loss, what have you missed out in life because of your beliefs.

What has your beliefs in Christ cost you in actual lifestyle choices.

I have a feeling there is a lot of BS in your comments

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

More importantly, whats your motivation in trying to manipulate a person into re-questioning there primitive, ancient & obsolete belief structure?
edit on 20-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

One huge thing, is that I chose my life mate based on my Beliefs. I never would have married at 16 ys old, to a vicious piece of *^%$# in good standing with the church.
I wasted years going door to door with a false message.

My major loss, is that my mother didnt speak to me for 30 years. It wasnt until she got alzheimers and forgot she couldnt talk to me. But, she didnt know who I was either. So, if you think this BS hasnt hurt my family, think again.
edit on 20-4-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
aliens are the one and only truth and power.

They are the source of all inspiration that created religion. If you want truth, that would be a good place to start.

But there is just as much brainwashing, in the alien scene as the religious scene.

I have my own religion but it's not for the faint of heart

Is there a higher power? Well let me explain something to you, Within the universe matter can become anything as long as there is enough energy. Energy contains information. Information contains specific instruction to carrying out programing.

Energy is not eternal with a single peice of matter, but the ideas of Energy as a whole are eternal as in there will always be energy, somewhere out there in the universe. That much is true. The universe is very much alive and is God to all of us, but we are also made of the universe. We are fragments of it because we live within it and are apart of it. We don't even need to view this in spirituality but in truth, It is quite literal.

See i can bridge the gap between science and spirituality. Because they were always one.

Now the universe may not be consiously aware of us as a whole, and what i mean by that is the universe in its entirety will not know each of us individually. But small fragments of the universe will know us, Why? Because we are made from components in the universe. Non of us were formed outside the universe or live apart from it exclusively. Your nabour, your boss your brother your sister mother father son daughter uncle, that kid across the street. That old man in the building. They may all know who you are, And they are not you. Because each of us is seperate and special in our own ways.

But they themselves are made of the universe and so are a part of the universe, you see what im saying? The universe as a total collective does not know us. But what we interact with, what sees us and gains information on us knows us.

Now that is only one viewpoint of God. Because there is also the Architech. Which is our creator, The initiator of the entire human species.

See we came from mom and dad, But what created the very first humans? Aliens.
Because it is a process of planetary colonization. In order to preserve information. See energy depletes, energy dies because of decay. But information can be copied. The same way how matter can be copied. That is how mass has such intricate complicated structures. Copies of copies.

So which God are you giving praise to? The Eternal Universe that cannot know you in its entirety, cannot interact with you in its entirety but only selectively through local means.

Or the Architech that started humans? After conquering this planet?

Which truth do you want? Because not many truths are taken so seriously by those who fear the truth and deny its wisdom.

Is the architech the creator of all life in existance? Don't be silly. The universe is much to huge. But is the architech immortal? is it all powerful? It depends on your definition of immortality. See living billions of years, enough to see the formation of stars and planets, is long enough to be considered eternities. it's long enough to see civilizations rise and fall. and if that is only one life cycle for such a being, to only reincarnate and the same same again. Would it not be immortal and everlasting?

Of course in reality technology is used. But if the technology is so superior that it grants near all powerful abilities. Would our creator also known as the architech be immortal, everlasting and all powerful? And creator of the universe? Creator of our Universe? The shaper, As in shaping what already exists and creating new forms?

The shaper is also name for such an entity. See Christianity does not have it entirely wrong, as it stems to Judaism and Judaism stems to Egypt, which stems to Summaria, which stems to pagan, Which stems to ant-deluvian pre-history and beyond society simply does not know because time is constantly moving forward and never backwards.

I myself have seen aliens so i can tell you about them but they arn't what people expect them to be.
They are quite terrorfying. But amazing at the same time. In a way, we should fear and respect them.
Because they are pure energy beings. And resemble living spirits sort of. Like a living poltergiest.

edit on pm4u3015Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:56:05 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Religion isn't the problem. It's the institutions that have been built to control and administer it as they see fit.

Catholicism is the worst example of this, it is a heinous, twisted version of Christianity specifically designed by corrupt leaders to be some sort of mafia control system for the masses. Christianity in it's purest form is a code of morals and decency to help you live a peaceful life, and those in the power structure have purposely warped it to serve their own agenda, just like Muslim extremists are doing with Islam today.

When it comes down to it don't look to a religion or any other form of belief system, including Atheism, to make you a better person. Just look to your own conscience and ask whats right and wrong and you'll know what side of the equation you stand on.
edit on 20-4-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

So in shorts, only reason you believe in your god is because you are scared about your 'soul' well-being after your death??

Please watch this video if you haven't yet and explain, what do you think, why your God would care about you or anyone else more then for example little kids that die in millions each year...

a reply to: Konduit

It is not just Christianity, all religions from ancient ones that are used for the same purpose - control.

I remember reading about ancient Egypt and even then religious leader become more powerful then even pharaohs. If needed, I can find book/video references. I remember that pharaohs of time saw rise of religion as a problem.

edit on 20-4-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Most of my family believe. I have never believed but have read the bible and the quaran and even went to sunday school for a while. To be honest it was sunday school that made me an unbeliever. I was very inquisitive as a child and when i was being taught the biblical stories I couldn't get my head around them. They were so far removed from what i was was being taught in proper school at the time that i knew something wasn't right. So i started asking questions which wasn't really encouraged. After a couple of weeks of me questioning things my parents were told i was better off finding alternative recreation for a sunday.

That made me realise that it wasn't for me. I did read the holy books when i was a bit older and i have actually read the bible a few times but i have been left scratching my head everytime.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sounds like you've fed into the main stream agnostic/atheistic propaganda. That's ok. Because it's tough to face what's popular and be different. But believe me there is a higher power. Living matter doesn't spring from non living matter. THAT IS SCIENCE. But a lot of religions have done so many nasty horrible things. But maybe you have not stumbled across the right genuine ones who aren't in it for the money...? Maybe they'll be knocking on your door if you truly hope to find the truth. Jesus said his true followers would go door to door. You can see by their fruits too. Ask questions. Don't give up. Hit me up for my PM's if you want and I can give more info.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
Sounds like you've fed into the main stream agnostic/atheistic propaganda.

Why yes, asking questions to the religious about contradictions in their dogma is TOTALLY agnostic/atheist propaganda. It totally couldn't be that the religion itself isn't coherent.

That's ok. Because it's tough to face what's popular and be different.

So Christianity is forecast to be the majority religion in America for the next 50+ years. Tell me again what is popular and what is different, because I'm not sure you actually know that answer.

But believe me there is a higher power. Living matter doesn't spring from non living matter. THAT IS SCIENCE. But a lot of religions have done so many nasty horrible things. But maybe you have not stumbled across the right genuine ones who aren't in it for the money...? Maybe they'll be knocking on your door if you truly hope to find the truth. Jesus said his true followers would go door to door. You can see by their fruits too. Ask questions. Don't give up. Hit me up for my PM's if you want and I can give more info.

I sure hope the right ones don't go door to door. No one likes those people.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks that have already been"...-The Great Sioux Nation.

www.sunfell.com... Like this?

namaste

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe religion ismt the problem. But it's greedy wicked humans that have distorted it to fit their agenda. After all, we all can from somewhere and there's a reason religion came about and affected humankind as a whole is the first place. Maybe everyone's 'intellect' is driving them further from the truth.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
It's a shame your faith is leaving you, but it is said that in the 'end times' there will be a great falling away. Congratulations are in order I guess, you're now part of it.

Each to their own though, I only hope you leave room in your heart for correction at least if, God forbid you do enter the tribulation. Though, hey, it might not happen!

Who knows eh.

Truly a sad day though. I'm sorry. It's okay though, you'll get much encouragement on this site, so I'll be the counter voice. Please hold on.

You sure you don't mean leaving a religious dogma? Faith can be trusting in a person - - no God required.

I know nothing left me. Being of my own mind - - ridiculous myth is not needed or wanted.

Sad? It was like a weight was lifted off me.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

Of course, what if science is wrong???

Dawkins was asked here the same question, his answer is reminder that is better not to ask if you are not ready to hear the answer...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join