It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

yep it is dangerous, no doubt about it. jesus' teachings were to obey the government, be good to your neighbors, love god, give to those who ask, and don't let your good be evil spoken of, which is why i'm here right now, saying, hey wait a minute.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Jesus' teachings in the bible? The very thing that we both find dangerous?
edit on 24/4/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Ghost147

I'll ask again, since you must have missed it:

Is Atheism a Belief System; Why, or why not?

As for your posts, all you needed to say was "no I don't believe that part". In which case, others in fact do believe! Is it not distressing at all that what would usually be considered completely revolting, anti-moral behavior could be mistakenly read as absolute fact, if not a necessity?

Honestly, you're response just sounds like you're dodging the question.

i don't think there's enough evidence to state emphatically that there is no gods, particularly since i think we are all gods.

Who said emphatically that there is no gods?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually, that was me. Sorry Annee.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, I read "Empirically". Excuse my dyslexia.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

yeah, i have a rosicrucian friend who told me he doesn't understand why the old testament is in with the new. i think that's because jesus does show up in the old testament but it's mostly the bad guy and people are not taught that these are two different guys. if you go back to when the adam males and females were first created it says "go forth, be fruitful and multiply". to multiply meant to have sex. yet, in the fall narrative, the tree of knowledge represents the dna inheritance for procreation. why was it okay to procreate originally, but suddenly is not okay and in fact, results in our dna being nerfed (blocking the tree of life, is blocking full body regen and who knows what else, in our dna). i figured out what was happening when i read the sumerian texts. i'd explain it but would go off topic

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Actually, that was me. Sorry Annee.

OK. This IS getting confusing.

But, just clarifying "lack of belief in a god" - - is not declaring there is no god.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Interesting theory. No need to go further though, I understand the bulk of it.

I edited that post. I thought I read "Empirically" instead of "Emphatically".

But I do agree, that lack of belief is not declaring there is no god.

Back to Undo, though. Can you please explain as to why you think Atheism is a belief system? and what beliefs Atheists hold? I'm still unsure on why you continue coming to that conclusion.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Interesting theory. No need to go further though, I understand the bulk of it.

I edited that post. I thought I read "Empirically" instead of "Emphatically".

But I do agree, that lack of belief is not declaring there is no god.

Back to Undo, though. Can you please explain as to why you think Atheism is a belief system? and what beliefs Atheists hold? I'm still unsure on why you continue coming to that conclusion.

OK, thanks.

I don't think I can think anymore tonight

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

cause that's what i believe about what you believe. i don't find it empirical, so i can't say it's empirical or i'd be lying lol you may find it empirical and in that case, it's empirical for you. don't ask me to though. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

See I think its more philosophical than stating that atheists belive in certain things, there are things that just are, so if something is true we don't need to belive in it because it is a fact and not based on fantasy belief. Us humans have the iintellect to distinguish the difference between a belief and a fact. Just Because we have this iintellect doesn't mean we all use it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptiNimble

i am using my intellect. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
But for me atheism is not a belief. I just refuse to put god in the gaps for things we just simply do not YET understand. Now what I do belive is religions put people in a lulled sense of state and quite often they lead less fulfilling lives

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptiNimble
But for me atheism is not a belief. I just refuse to put god in the gaps for things we just simply do not YET understand. Now what I do belive is religions put people in a lulled sense of state and quite often they lead less fulfilling lives

lol my life was a little too fulfilling. i had to turn down the volume, was burning the candle at both ends. life in the fast lane was just too much for me poor lil human body.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

cause that's what i believe about what you believe. i don't find it empirical, so i can't say it's empirical or i'd be lying lol you may find it empirical and in that case, it's empirical for you. don't ask me to though. lol

So you're admitting that you refuse to accept the fact that Atheism is not a belief system, simply because you believe it is for no apparent reason?

That's not using "intellect", as you state, that's just running from the truth.

Comparatively, if I were to absolutely believed that Christians worshiped Zeus, presented my argument, and then a number of people showed empirically that that accusation was false, I would act honestly and humbly and simply admit I was wrong. I wouldn't play it out and say "well that's what I believe and no one and no information can change my mind because that's what I believe!".

That is exactly what you're doing, and it seems as though as we go further into this dilemma you are exponentially acting more and more childish about the whole subject.

Why not simply say "I'm sorry, I was incorrect.", I've done this multiple times in this very thread. Confrontation resolved! Why are you dragging this on despite the massive amount of information numerous people have shown you? There are thousands of websites that back this information up. There are tons of videos that also back this up.

But, most of all, if you actually use your intellect, you would realize that this information is correct. Not because we have some sort of bias, just because it logically makes sense. Stop running from fact.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

i like the analogies, but don't think they apply in this case. see for me to agree that atheism is not a belief, i would have to admit that i think it is therefore making an accurate statement that there's no evidence for gods (else why would you be an atheist?). since i think you and i and everyone else, are gods, i don't see the point in lying about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

see for me to agree that atheism is not a belief, i would have to admit that i think it is therefore making an accurate statement that there's no evidence for gods

I'm not saying you should be an Atheist. I'm saying that your definition of Atheism is incorrect, and I'm saying that your claims that Atheism is somehow the cause of destruction if coupled with other things is incorrect.

I understand the definition of a Theist, but that doesn't make me one. I understand that you believe we are all gods, but just because I understand that doesn't mean that I too believe that.

All we are concerned about is that you're making incorrect accusations because of misinformation.

Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Sorry I should of elaborated more, now a few religious people i know dont live as fulfilling lives because they think that when they die they are going to some paradise theme park in the coulds, So when I die thats it im dead. So i live my life in full appreciation that i am the result of billions years of natural selection through evolution, and once you accepted that true fact small things like a flower is absolutely awe inspiring, because after 3.5 or more billion years have resulted in that flower filling my lungs with oxygen

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

it isn't misinformation if it's happened before. where the problem actually comes up there is that the actions of one individual or even 1000 or even 10000, or even billions, are not the actions of one.

it's like approaching the argument from kirk's way instead of spock's.
spock says the many are more important than the few or the one.
whereas kirk says the one is just as important as the many or the few.
that USE to be how our justice system worked. now we base it on a bunch of politics.

what kirk's essentially saying is, if you can't have justice for everyone, you have no business dispensing justice. if one person can be held responsible for the actions of others, we are all in a #load of trouble. this is why the eve story pisses me off. because of eve, every female is therefore held accountable? say what? yeah we have got to stop that crap cause all it's doing is giving the bad guy just the type of playing arena he loves to use against humans.
edit on 24-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptiNimble

Sorry I should of elaborated more, now a few religious people i know dont live as fulfilling lives because they think that when they die they are going to some paradise theme park in the coulds, So when I die thats it im dead. So i live my life in full appreciation that i am the result of billions years of natural selection through evolution, and once you accepted that true fact small things like a flower is absolutely awe inspiring, because after 3.5 or more billion years have resulted in that flower filling my lungs with oxygen

for me, it wasn't until i became a christian that i began to appreciate nature, art, all forms of music (before that i only liked one type of music), etc.
edit on 24-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to convey and how it applies to the only definition of Atheism.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join