It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my Religion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: whooknows

Holy Manitou, more I read from you, more I see similarities with fundamentalist Islam, who also find arts as something useless... I knew religious fundamentalist are all similar, I just never knew to what extent...

As for 10 commandments, do you by any chance mean those 10 commandments??

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Perhaps you are wiser than those men? Perhaps you can lead mankind into an era of peace? Perhaps you have been chosen?

You can scoff and laugh all you want, as the OP of this thread. You belong together. As I said, and it wasn't I, if you associate with people without faith, you will lose faith, and become without faith. Solomon said, those who walk with the wise ones will become wise, those who have dealings with the stupid, will fair badly.

Of course you would say: LOL.

Although that has never been proven untrue, ever since it was written.

So who really is being ignorant and stupid? A wise man of old, is he really stupid, enough for you to mock him? Although he is inspired of God's word, or are you really being the ignorant fool?

Of course you will think yourself wise in what you do, and think Solomon's words "LOL" able no doubt, as you have already demonstrated.

And yet human history has proven just the opposite. Where people ignore God's word, there is tyranny, misery, death, and destruction. Hatred and genocide.

You cannot solve mankind's problems with your aloof attitude. Your arrogance toward what is good and true. And even if you choose to ignore the suffering and pain caused in the world, it doesn't solve it.

Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin did not solve mankind's problems.

There is a time coming when atheism will be all that you will be able to claim to. No longer agnosticism. And it will be no saving light. And then, only too late will you understand, if you don't get a grasp of it now, which you have the capacity
, and capability of doing.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Holy Manitou, more I read from you, more I see similarities with fundamentalist Islam, who also find arts as something useless... I knew religious fundamentalist are all similar, I just never knew to what extent...

As for 10 commandments, do you by any chance mean those 10 commandments??

Actually Jehovah's Witnesses are known the world over for being the only people to stand up to Hitler. To die in concentration camps rather than pick up arms to fight against anyone. This is a part of the historic record.

In the United States they were lynched and mobbed for refusing to pick up arms and fight during that time, and even murdered. In Canada as well, as well as Great Britain, and Japan. All the world over.

In South Korea to this day many Jehovah's Witnesses remain in jail for refusing to bare arms, refusing to kill their brothers.

During the genocide in Rwanda where Hutu slaughtered Tutsi, Jehovah's Witnesses willingly gave their lives to protect their brothers from the other ethnic tribe.

Jehovah's Witnesses have not lifted a signal weapon, or involved themselves in a single war since they began.

To claim they are like fundamentalists is either being extremely ignorant, or purposefully lying against them because you don't want the truth about them to get out.

Jesus said his real disciples will be known by this fact alone:

John 13:35) By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I wasnt being sarcastic, Who Died and Put YOU in Charge of Judging US?????

And dont tell me about knowing by the fruits, you do not know me well enough to judge my fruits.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: whooknows

Perhaps you are wiser than those men? Perhaps you can lead mankind into an era of peace? Perhaps you have been chosen?

Perhaps, but I never claimed to be any of those things. I'm a human who is just as flawed as the next person. I don't want to lead anyone anywhere and I certainly don't want to be worshiped. I just don't think those people are the wisest to have ever lived. In fact, I think they are wise for their time, but their wisdom doesn't translate to the present.

You can scoff and laugh all you want, as the OP of this thread. You belong together. As I said, and it wasn't I, if you associate with people without faith, you will lose faith, and become without faith. Solomon said, those who walk with the wise ones will become wise, those who have dealings with the stupid, will fair badly.

That is why I walk with the educated instead of those being blindly led by religion. That way I can learn, research, and come to my own conclusions.

Of course you would say: LOL.

Although that has never been proven untrue, ever since it was written.

So who really is being ignorant and stupid? A wise man of old, is he really stupid, enough for you to mock him? Although he is inspired of God's word, or are you really being the ignorant fool?

If he dislikes music, then he isn't worth listening to by me. He certainly isn't the wisest person to have ever lived if he's saying music isn't worth it. Music and art as a whole is a beautiful expression of mankind's imagination. Solomon is a fool if he thinks that is a bad thing.

Of course you will think yourself wise in what you do, and think Solomon's words "LOL" able no doubt, as you have already demonstrated.

And yet human history has proven just the opposite. Where people ignore God's word, there is tyranny, misery, death, and destruction. Hatred and genocide.

This is so untrue it's not even funny. The reason Christianity is so widespread around the word is directly BECAUSE of tyranny, misery, death, and destruction. All done in the name of Jesus and God. Ask the Native Americans what they think of Christianity. I'm sure all those Christian slavers coming over and abducting their family members because they were "savages" and selling them into slavery really made them appreciate Jesus.

You cannot solve mankind's problems with your aloof attitude. Your arrogance toward what is good and true. And even if you choose to ignore the suffering and pain caused in the world, it doesn't solve it.

Where did I say I was solving mankind's problems? Though Christianity isn't true. Good (and as a consequence, evil) doesn't exist. It's been proven scientifically that many events in the Bible (including the Jesus story) probably didn't happen. And if they did, they were NOTHING like what is written. Of course you'd have to drop your confirmation bias blinders first to see that.

Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin did not solve mankind's problems.

And? Are you dredging up the atheist mass murder fallacy? Because it is stupid and a distraction. Bad people are bad people. They will do reprehensible things regardless. For instance, Christianity has had institutionalized sexism since it was founded. It supported slavery and even initially supported Hitler.

There is a time coming when atheism will be all that you will be able to claim to. No longer agnosticism. And it will be no saving light. And then, only too late will you understand, if you don't get a grasp of it now, which you have the capacity
, and capability of doing.

If a time came that I'd only be able to claim atheism, then that is because God has been definitively disproven. But if that happens, then your faith would be destroyed. So why are you saying it will happen eventually?
edit on 21-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

God's word tests every man as to his quality. I do no judging. As 2 Timothy 3:16, 1 states all scripture is inspired of God, it makes his servants fully equipped for every good work. And in another place we are told:

(2 Corinthians 10:5, 6) . . .For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are bringing every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ; 6 and we are prepared to inflict punishment for every disobedience, as soon as your own obedience is complete.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You have given yourself room too wiggle for now. I respect you that right. Even if you didn't I would still respect your position. I am no one. We will all one day give an accounting to him who judges both the living and the dead. And if we don't, I guess you'll be happy about it.

As far as religion, I've stated my opinion about it many times already in this thread, which you either purposefully have ignored, or have not read.

But I have no doubt anything will meet with your ridicule of "LOL". You may ridicule, but so scripture states the ridicules would come. I realize that you ridicule even this, and laugh at it and are probably read to say: LOL again. There is no need to continue to show your scorn for scripture. We understand it.

That was the whole point of the OP. He felt he fit in here, because mostly atheists, and pagans reside here, and some agnostics as you, who are all ready to LOL at scripture.

I've never found a respectful person on this site of my beliefs in seven years. I've respected all of yours. And yet not one of you has even had the causticity to say you respect mine.

That is very telling in and of itself.
edit on 21-4-2015 by whooknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You have given yourself room too wiggle for now. I respect you that right. Even if you didn't I would still respect your position. I am no one. We will all one day give an accounting to him who judges both the living and the dead. And if we don't, I guess you'll be happy about it.

Exactly, we'll only know once we are dead. So why worry about it now?

As far as religion, I've stated my opinion about it many times already in this thread, which you either purposefully have ignored, or have not read.

This thread is 15 pages long as of this posting, do you honestly expect me to have read every post in it? Have you?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Your quoting Paul. Have you ever taken an honest look at Paul? Through the eyes of History and the other Ancient texts? I didnt think so, or you would be trying to get every word he ever said out of your brain.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This thread is 15 pages long as of this posting, do you honestly expect me to have read every post in it? Have you?

The only person that would worry for another is one that cares for him.

I did never address you on anything, and yet you took it upon yourself to push yourself on me, without reading my comments.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Your quoting Paul. Have you ever taken an honest look at Paul? Through the eyes of History and the other Ancient texts? I didnt think so, or you would be trying to get every word he ever said out of your brain.

I know Paul better than you could. That I know, because yes, I have looked at him from all sides. And have been revealed things from him that I will not continue here.

It was no mistake what happened. But it only served, perhaps to reveal to Jehovah your heart, I don't know. I will not judge. I am no one. He sees all things.

I respect your disbelief in Holy Scripture. And understand you have concluded that the Bible is pagan and false.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Just like the song "ohh life, its bigger, bigger than you, and you are not me." You are in the corner Losing your Religion, it just hasnt dawned on you yet.

Nah, the end is nigh. From what I know it still is aways away. But when it comes, you will find the weeping and the gnashing of your teeth, if you are still alive.

And all this unbelief, and people who have no hope who have lead you into hopelessness will be no shining light. They will have taken away your hope, which they rejoice in. But they will have not replaced it with anything but despair. Which they possess. Nothingness.

Hope? Hope for what?

Hopelessness? Despair? Isn't religion great?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The only person that would worry for another is one that cares for him.

What does that have to do with worrying about what happens to you after you die? You nor I knows what will happen then, so why worry about it? Your guess is probably wrong. My guess would probably be wrong. So why guess? Just wait until you die then find out then.

I did never address you on anything, and yet you took it upon yourself to push yourself on me, without reading my comments.

Push myself onto you? I don't even know what that means. Are you forced to respond to my posts or something? Most people who don't want to talk to someone on the forums just don't respond to them any further. Apparently you don't have that choice through something I did?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Perhaps you should read my previous comments about religion before you begin to chide and chastise, and use sarcasm.

And yet we never have lifted a single arm against any single human individual on earth.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Really you know more than I could ever know about Paul? Pretty Self Righteous, and Haughty reply dont you think?

I dont believe that the bible is pagan and false. I believe Paul completely changed Jesus message. If you take away Pauls false teachings you would be a Jew. Please stop twisting what I am saying to fit your agenda.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Perhaps you should read my previous comments about religion before you begin to chide and chastise, and use sarcasm.

And yet we never have lifted a single arm against any single human individual on earth.

So, insert the word Scripture.

Semantics.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Really you know more than I could ever know about Paul? Pretty Self Righteous, and Haughty reply dont you think?

I dont believe that the bible is pagan and false. I believe Paul completely changed Jesus message. If you take away Pauls false teachings you would be a Jew. Please stop twisting what I am saying to fit your agenda.

It would be, except you claim him to be false. So no it is not self-righteous. I am not fitting any agenda. And I realize that you think that not all of the Bible is true. The Bible refers to the entire Bible. Don't be stupid.

I'm not stupid.

And yes, I know things you don't. And no, it is not self-righteous. I would not have told you unless you asked. You asked, and I responded truthfully without any self-righteousness.

I would refer you to John 8:45.
edit on 21-4-2015 by whooknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Earlier you called me a liar, now your calling me stupid, because I challenge your stand?

Why are you here? Are you trying to save people? Because this is probably not the best place to find recruits. And as far as not knowing the JWs teachings, I admit, I left the church 30 yrs ago, and with you guys rewriting your bible and all the "New Light" that has been made up to cover all the failed prophecies, Im sure it isnt the same as when I lived it. lol

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I dont believe that the bible is pagan and false.

Neither do I, an atheist.

There is always reason why someone wrote something. What those writings really mean is a different story.

Interpretation is the issue.

Original text transcribed by Novice Monks. Of course they're gonna see everything as through God's eye.

Then compilation of Chosen text.

The bible is Man speaking. Then man speaking for man, repeat, repeat, repeat.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

No I told you I believe in the Bible, then you said you don't believe what Paul wrote.

I stated don't be stupid, the Bible refers to the entire Bible, including what Paul wrote, obviously.

To not understand that is being stupid. And you are being stupid. Read back in our conversation, and you can understand that, and anyone else that wants to as well.

Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join