It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm back - older, wiser and more paranoid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hello everyone

I joined ATS in 2003 back when my internet connection was dial up, which for you guys who never had the experience, it was like this: click on an interesting thread, go have a shower, read page 1, click on next, go wash the dishes, sit back down at your huge desktop with a hard drive 5 times the size of the laptop I'm using now (propped up by pillows warm and cozy in bed) and read the second page. I remember people complaining they could never get a hold of me on my landline at night - the telephone cable was plugged into the hard drive and the phone handset unplugged. Have to have your priorities right?

The internet was still new to a lot of people and it was awesome when I found the ATS forum. Finally somewhere I could chat and read about subjects like UFO's, aliens and conspiracy theories. Learnt about things I never knew existed like HAARP and so many secret bases.

I first became interested in aliens when I was younger after watching Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken, a TV special on JFK Assassination got me into conspiracy theories.
Little did I know how many people throughout my life would treat me like a weirdo or nutcase because of my alternative interests and often uncannily ability to see right through some people (not literally) - enough to make them feel uncomfortable. A few years ago I actually witnessed my first UFO, 3 orange orbs, which confirmed what I had always believed, that we are not alone and aliens had been visiting for 1000's of years.

Anyway, a few days ago I spotted a headline about Walmart plumbing problems and I began searching for links to Jade Helm and mysterious "goings on" at the Mexican Border. I finally ended up back at ATS trying to log into an account I hadn't used in a very long time. Thanks to Mark Allin for helping me get me back in
Looking forward to catching up on an enormous amount of threads and navigating my way around the forum.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubilee

You sound like a normal crazy person to me…

welcome back!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I am wondering about (Jade Helm 15) myself...what is really true about it...and what isn't.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Welcome back!!!

I had to run a biz with dial-up, so I feel your pain. Technology, in that respect, is a blessing. It allows the collective "us" to engage here on ATS and with each other.

I joined this forum this February and I have learned so so much.

Glad to meet you, Jubilee!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ahhh....the days of dial-up...

I remember them well.

Welcome back!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Welcome Back!

Quick Summary of the Jade Helm stuff....

Georgia Guide-stone--> Jade Helm --> Walmart Plumbing--> Union Riots funded by the Union to have Riots --> Civil War.lol...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

My uncle is a Deputy Sheriff. He had to go to Nevada for 8 weeks training for some super secret stuff. He joined law enforcement in 1981 so he isn't a noob.

Not secret now. Jade Helm training.

I know this might be off topic, so I won't mind if mods delete.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thanks for your warm welcome backs

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thankyou for the video Vasa Croe, haven't heard that sound in so long!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubilee
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thankyou for the video Vasa Croe, haven't heard that sound in so long!

Ha...no problem. It reminds me of the story of the kids who got a busy signal calling a land line from a cell phone and had no idea what it was. Times have changed!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I know your pain with dial-up and experience it daily. I can connect at the blazing fast speed of 50.6 kbps. As soon as I can afford it, I'm going wireless. But it's free, and ATS load pretty fast relatively speaking. Welcome back and try to avoid the riff raff.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
many happy returns

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A blast from the past! Welcome back to a new ATS. The community.... is not quite what you remember and you will get the full taste of that in the first few threads. Looking forward to many good discussions .

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Welcome back. I hope your viewing experience is a lot faster now. I hated dial up when I had it.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Welcome Back! I hope You Enjoy the Ride this time and hang around longer!! Later, for now, Syx.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

oooooh, fancy I like that!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hey

Welcome back. Its cool to see an old member making their way back.

Yeah, dial up....it was an interesting experience. The only plus side was that your paranoia could motivate you to unplug your chord and you knew for a fact that there was no one looking in so to speak. NOW? with wireless technology the way it is, who knows if "off" is ever truly "off". LOL

Enjoy yourself and welcome back to the crew.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 4 20 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hey Welcome to ya.

Ask yourself do you really want to be part of the herd or decide where and what you choose to think and do. Right that's why you're here. Great looking forward to reading your thoughts and ideas.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hello and welcome back to ya. pleased to meet you I'm sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join