It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did ATS predict the Taiwan 6.6m Earthquake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ok,

So a few days ago I was reading and commenting on a thread called

Over 150 whales found beached in Ibaraki, same thing happened before 2011 Tohoku earthquake

Source

And found it interesting that the whales beached themselves before the big earthquake...

So, now 10 days have passed and we have a 6.6m earthquake off Taiwa,

6.6 mag off of Taiwan

Source

this was predicted 10 days before it happened by one of our own members!

so not only is ATS a conspiracy site, but now its connecting the dots and presenting news before it even happens!

can earthquakes be predicted using this method?

Embarrassingly!!

I should have waited longer before making this comment!

So (after eating humble pie!), what are the thoughts of my fellow ATS Members?
edit on 20/4/15 by Phatdamage because: added pics

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Geez we need to heed for nature's warning signs, I haven't check the news yet will see what's going down.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Powerful quake hits
Taiwan and Japan, tsunami warning lifted

One man died and another was hospitalised on Monday in a fire caused by a powerful quake off Taiwan that also set buildings shaking in the capital Taipei and sparked a short-lived tsunami warning in far southwestern Japan.

Japanese forecasters had warned the 6.6 magnitude earthquake could cause a tsunami as high as one metre (three feet) affecting several islands in the Okinawa chain, but lifted the alert around an hour later, with no abnormal waves recorded.

No damage was reported in Japan, but a four-storey apartment building in part of New Taipei City caught ablaze after an electrical box outside the block exploded in the quake.

One elderly man who lived in the building "showed no signs of life" at the scene, the fire service said.

Another resident was hospitalised after choking in the blaze, local media reported.

Residents and office workers were evacuated from a building in central Taipei because of a feared gas leak and reports said several vehicles were trapped in the basement. It was not immediately clear if there were any people stuck with their cars.

In Japan, local authorities urged people to move away from the coast and seek higher ground, in a drill that has become fairly regular in a country prone to powerful earthquakes and occasional devastating tsunamis.
news.yahoo.com...

Seems that we dodged that bullet and to think I was on the Beach fixing-up my place until late yesterday..phew!
The city of Ibaraki, deserves a standing ovation for taking the early warning from the Beached whales seriously and made prudent preparations.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No ATS didn't.

The thread you refer to refers to a source that questions the same, as did many other sources at the reporting of the beaching.

So no ATS did not.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

True it's all about sharing info, there is no way I would have figured that out,but I am glad others did.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
this was predicted 10 days before it happened by one of our own members!

so not only is ATS a conspiracy site, but now its connecting the dots and presenting news before it even happens!

Could you post a link please?
edit on 20-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would like to see a map of where the whales were beached compared to where the eq happened.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am mostly Native American . I was taught by my grandmother and great aunt to even predict weather to watch the insects and animals. They know.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It only showed a possible connection. No predictions were made. Now that does not mean the sea creatures cannot sense an upcoming quake or volcanic eruption. We should pay attention to that sort of stuff. The wildlife will move away from an area before a volcano, that has been well documented. So I assume the same could be possible with sea life and quakes.

I get the energy let out by a quake in the water would hurt a whale. I can actually see them trying to be partly out of the water because the vibration would dissipate into the air. But they could just float on top of the water, they don't need to be beaching themselves. When a boat is flying through the water sometimes you will see fish jumping and the fish move around. A minute or two after the boat goes by, fish will bite your bait as they travel closer to shore. They really do not like motorboats that much, it riles them up. I expect that fish get all antsy and move away when prequakes occur.

Saying the whales beach themself because of the upcoming quake is like saying the fish bite your hook to get out of the water after the boat goes by. The fish just grab a bite because they are a little scared and don't sit there and analyze whether there is a hook or line attached. The vibration disturbs creatures of the sea. Have you ever put your head underwater while swimming when a boat goes by?
edit on 20-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

A 6.6 is not that big for the region, there have been eight above a 6.0 in the last 30 days alone.
There have been 220 of a magnitude 4.5 or above in the region over the last 30 days too.

So, "predicting" this is easy. I can predict that there's going to be an Earthquake in the region of a 6.0 or above in the next ten days and be pretty confident that this is going to happen simply because the data shows that it's not only possible, it's probable and highly likely.

Also, USGS says it was a 6.4, not a 6.6.

Plus, there's a big stretch of the East China Sea between the location of this EQ and the location of the whales beaching.

I know you guys want to make it out that this is some kind of amazing prediction, but it really isn't. You're looking for correlations where there are none.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
I would like to see a map of where the whales were beached compared to where the eq happened.

It's a good distance, Taiwan is not Japan, there's a vast area if the East China Sea between them.
People are desperately looking for evidence of a connection where there isn't one, just like they were stretching for a connection between the "prediction" and the California EQ a week ago, even though it was a different location, different time, different mag to what was predicted.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: stellawayten

It's a good distance, Taiwan is not Japan, there's a vast area if the East China Sea between them.
People are desperately looking for evidence of a connection where there isn't one, just like they were stretching for a connection between the "prediction" and the California EQ a week ago, even though it was a different location, different time, different mag to what was predicted.

Well actually it's closer to Japan than you might think you are not factoring the Okinawan islands beyond Naha a quake could set off a tsunami that could hit that city, remember the 2004 I.O Tsunami that took out parts of Thailand ,Malaysia Indonesia and hit even coastal east Africa,those are some very powerful forces of nature.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
it's not that hard when you watch the sun for CME's.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Did ATS predict the Taiwan 6.6m Earthquake?

No.

I worry about anyone who actually has to even ask that question.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Looks like someone wants to run the math and see if they can't map future earth quack events. Good luck on that let me know if you hit on anything.

new topics

top topics

join