It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Weed 3 amd PTSD

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

First, I am surprised this thread has not been taken down as it deals with cannabis. 2 others have been wiped.

Secondly, I have experience with extreme pain and counseling. I have a sister who is a psychologist and I fully support those who seek to be mentally healthy.

But the cost of talking to a stranger about your traumatic experiences which causes one issues is outrageous. If mental health care providers seriously wish to reach out to those in need, do so at a cost most can afford. Be flexible in time allowed and stop clock watching. All it does is tell your clients that they only matter to you for 55 minutes. Then there is the awkwardness of paying for the session.

If more mental healthcare providers would sincerely care more about their clients than paying their malpractice insurance, maybe..just maybe more people would reach out to providers and not alternatives such as cannabis.

My sister included.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

All I have to say is as someone with PTSD, who has had since the age of 2,
who has gone through many forms of therapy in order to learn to cope and deal with it,
marijuana works.

Those days when nothing else would, it actually would calm me down, and is much better than taking a valume
or a sedative or an anti-psychotic, and I, over the years tried them all.

It works, maybe not for everyone, but it does for me.

There is no cure for PTSD, you learn to cope, you learn to rewire your brain, and handle yourself when you get the anxiety and depression,flashbacks and intruding thoughts,
and pot makes the world easier to cope with.
(with very little side effects, which I can't say for every other form of medication I was put on)
But it won't work for everyone,
I'm just glad it does for me.

I am medication free now, and live a normal life, and when I do start to have flashbacks or repeating thoughts or many other things that comes with PTSD, the pot shuts that off, and I am grateful that it is being looked at like it is now,
because it is a very simple and effective way of helping one to get through a rough day with PTSD.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join