It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 dead in rocket attack on U.S. base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

A rocket attack on a crowded dining hall at a U.S. base in Mosul left at least 10 people dead and more than 50 wounded, U.S. officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

Officials at the Pentagon said three rockets were fired at the U.S. forward operating base in the northern city "right at lunchtime." The base is occupied by U.S. and Iraqi military as well as civilian contractors.

There was no breakdown on the nationality of the casualties.

Separately, in a statement in Iraq, the military said explosions at the base caused "multiple casualities" and that the cause was under investigation.

A military spokesman in Mosul declined to give further details.

The U.S. Army's Task Force Olympia is based in this predominantly Sunni Muslim city.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Wow! How awful must it be to not only feel the threat of death during battle, but during chow time as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was just coming here to post the same thing
kind of shocker that they went ahead and attacked
a base but I guess it was only a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm actually suprised that the base got attacked as well. I haven't heard of an attack like this on one of our bases since we arrived in Iraq. My fear is that this is just the first of many more to come like it.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

December 22, 2004 09:00 AM ET
MOSUL, Iraq (Reuters) - U.S. forces sealed off entire districts of the Iraqi city of Mosul on Wednesday and raided homes in a hunt for suspects following a guerrilla attack that killed 18 Americans and four Iraqis.
www.reuters.com.../GetContent§ion=news

I expected a pretty swift reaction after this. I guess it's not gonna be a good thing to be an "Insurgent" in that area right now...

top topics

join