It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Town Elects FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN FEMALE Mayor!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I think it's great they resigned... Maybe they had something to be scared of... She's a Christian missionary and the City Clerk. Pretty scary, huh? Maybe she knows something...

Many national media outlets have been jumping on the bandwagon that the walkouts had to do with race, and in reality, that’s a legitimate possibility. Some residents of the city, however, don’t see it that way. Of course, in their minds, the real reason for the walkouts could be just as bad:
We have been trying for YEARS to get someone to listen to the citizens about the dealings going on and no one until now wanted to listen. [Tyrus] Byrd we thank the good Lord for sending you to Parma. The citizens of Parma are behind you 100% and will work with you to restore OUR town.”

So in reality, it seems as if there may have been some form of corruption going on in the town beforehand. This isn’t incredibly difficult to believe, especially since former-mayor Randall was in office for 37 years before being beaten by, coincidentally, 37 votes. Four decades is a long time to run a town, and some individuals think this may have led to a corrupt system:

Source

Maybe the whole city was just tired of the corrupt network. I say "don't let the door hit ya on the way out". And let them get some decent people to work for the city. This is actually VERY good news for the city of Parma! I hope other towns take note!
edit on 4/20/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Or they really didn't like her policies but meh, lets jump straight on race.

What policies? She wasn't in office yet before they quit.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right, we never know a politician's stance on any issues until after they're elected. C'mon man, I know you're smarter than that.

Perhaps she campaigned on cutting the police force? Rather than get fired they decided to retire or move on. Could be as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Maybe you should read the thread. It's pretty obvious that it had to do with cronyism.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Poor cops where will they find work now... oh wait, another town over...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
The racial makeup of the city was 67.46% White, 29.45% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.56% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 1.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.81% of the population.

so if she got voted in, likely she was voted in by whites too. what is it with people now?

Maybe it's something in the water.

Thanks for that info, nothing more to be said really!

Ooops! there is. Why did those reporters keep referring to a City?
edit on 20-4-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Yeah I mean...it's not like they couldn't grow the h*** up and maybe try working with someone. As Krazyshot state it sounds like cronyism...race? I dunno...but the way I see it is they either got scared because something unethical/illegal would no longer be supported (crony) or perhaps a race issue. It just happened instantly with no warning.

That sounds less like a politics issue (but again I am not them)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hey I know.... Let us in the year 2015... Let us talk about gender and race equality and how shocking it is that a news paper is talking about a black woman making mayor.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I read elsewhere that she is known for pulling the race-card at the drop of a hat and being very hostile toward city employees that are white.

It could be that, or the cronyism. We'll never know.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

The racial makeup of the city was 67.46% White, 29.45% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.56% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 1.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.81% of the population.

so if she got voted in, likely she was voted in by whites too. what is it with people now?

Relax it's just a bait thread with a ideological opinion coming through showing a severe lack of maturity.

There's a whole lot of that going on. What I don't understand it is why the Mods don't pull this crap down? If it's about Race, Religion, Theory of Evolution or Global Warming, there's no possiblity of a sensible, intelligent discussion anyway. All those topics should just be pulled down.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yeah, let's ban all the topics that make you feel uncomfortable! LOL!

There is absolutely ALWAYS the possibility of intelligent discussion! As long as we don't go banning stuff. Ridiculous!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Sheriff is near!

edit on 20-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Greathouse

Relax it's just a bait thread with a ideological opinion coming through showing a severe lack of maturity.

There's a whole lot of that going on. What I don't understand it is why the Mods don't pull this crap down? If it's about Race, Religion, Theory of Evolution or Global Warming, there's no possiblity of a sensible, intelligent discussion anyway. All those topics should just be pulled down.

I'm sure this thread is being watched and if it gets out of hand it will be "closed for review". Thankfully the maturity on this site may be able to overcome it's racist theme.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It's not going to happen, no one is disputing the events here, like it or not..and hey, the very small citizenship elects to have a Mayor, good luck to them they seek something better.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The mayor's office destroyed the letters of resignation from the resigning officers and they wiped the hard drives clean.

Seems the reaction by the resigning officers may not necessarily be raced based but more of a result of corruption and cronyism.

6 officers for a town of 700? Where was the funding coming from? Lots of questions to answer. It's a good thing computer hard drives can be recovered.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
The mayor's office destroyed the letters of resignation from the resigning officers and they wiped the hard drives clean.

Do you have a link?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

80 percent of police force resigns after Missouri town elects first African-American mayor

Former city clerk Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as mayor of Parma, Missouri on Tuesday only to find out that police officers, as well as the city attorney and a water treatment supervisor, had resigned before she took office.

“I think it was pretty dirty the way they all quit without giving her a chance,” resident Martha Miller said. “But I don’t think they hurt the town by quitting, because who needs six police for 740 people?”

[SNIP]

Wow, race baiting much?

THIS IS WHY THEY QUIT

Cohen alleged in the interview with the news outlet that she and Medley feared for their safety, and said their home addresses had been shared online by Byrd's family members.

With anti-police sentiment on the rise in this country, LET ALONE in Missouri, posting police officers address online for the public to see is dangerous to the police. People murder cops for giving them tickets, those family members doing this are giving people a target to retaliate against when they get a ticket they don't like.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l
edit on 24-4-2015 by chuck258 because: forgot to add source

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join