It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Town Elects FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN FEMALE Mayor!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

80 percent of police force resigns after Missouri town elects first African-American mayor

Former city clerk Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as mayor of Parma, Missouri on Tuesday only to find out that police officers, as well as the city attorney and a water treatment supervisor, had resigned before she took office.

“I think it was pretty dirty the way they all quit without giving her a chance,” resident Martha Miller said. “But I don’t think they hurt the town by quitting, because who needs six police for 740 people?”

[SNIP]
edit on 4/19/2015 by eriktheawful because: Removed political baiting comment

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Or they really didn't like her policies but meh, lets jump straight on race.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The racial makeup of the city was 67.46% White, 29.45% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.56% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 1.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.81% of the population.

so if she got voted in, likely she was voted in by whites too. what is it with people now?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

LOOKS like we may have ACTUALLY found a bonnafide nest of S##T H##DS there!
I'll let them know on the Scout page so THEY might get some jobs.
I CAN'T find a thing about her thats wrong,she doesn't speak racial s##t she seems normal.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
The racial makeup of the city was 67.46% White, 29.45% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.56% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 1.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.81% of the population.

so if she got voted in, likely she was voted in by whites too. what is it with people now?

Relax it's just a bait thread with a ideological opinion coming through showing a severe lack of maturity.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
She is elected mayor and 5 police officers and 3 city employees resigned....

I really want to hear opinions from folks from this town on why these people resigned.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That's great that she's a woman and all but from what I've read about her just googling her name I don't think we can make any accusations yet.

Why does any of this have anything to do with race?

Again I'm female and I'm all for women in high places but if you're just another of the same ol same ol what difference does it make?

Are you "race/gender" baiting?

I'm new here , maybe I just don't get it

edit on 19-4-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Not even all of those officers were full time.. three were part-time.. apparently its not a high crime area..

According to the outgoing mayor, the resigning cops and city officials (8 people total) cited "safety concerns"

I do have to say, it sounds like some good ole boys throwing a fit because they didn't get their way.. no loss.. cops leaving like that and a change in staff usually happens in small good ole boy towns like that one - when its another white taking over too, its not about race.. loyalties are just that.. your boy leaves and so do you.. its common practice really.....around here your vote gets you a job...

surprised that one man ran unchallenged though for 37 years.. that's a long time..

Two full-time and three part-time officers in Parma resigned shortly before Tyus Byrd was sworn in on Tuesday, KFVS reported.

Outgoing Mayor Randall Ramsey told the station the cops gave no notice and were joined by the city attorney, clerk and water treatment supervisor.

They cited “safety concerns” in their resignation letters, according to Ramsey.

Byrd, who had previously worked as the city’s clerk, has declined to comment about the rash of walk outs but said she wasn’t able to find the letters.
link
edit on 19-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
I think the local area residence would be a better judge of why they left. 8 employees in such a small town is a pretty high a number IMO.

Safety concerns is the alleged reason.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It is curious to an extent, but she had to know the politics and the mindset of the people.. where I am the cops change every time a new mayor is elected.. common practice is "help me get elected and you get a job"

She had to have had at least some foresight into the mindset of the people.. unless something specific happened that caused this..

so its curious, but right now you cannot find any information about it at all that isn't trying to stir up more racial tension..
edit on 19-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

LOL,

According to outgoing Mayor Randall Ramsey, who is stepping down after 37 years in town hall over two terms, the city employees gave no prior notice.

I think the answer is pretty simple... good ole boy network in which shady stuff went down. Probably some interesting and questionable financial deals went on and they are getting out of dodge before someone starts digging now that their ringleader of 3 decades is out of office.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Intel says the last mayor served for 37 years so it's OBVIOUSLY cronyism and NO DOUBT a nest of bigots....THAT real kind not like the ones they yell bout in the media which is BULLS##T.
Population is LESS than 3500 so they don't need alot.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Look I can't be certain what the motivations of the police were that quite assuming that they lied about it in the first place, but from the information provided they didn't raise a stink over it and caused zero harm doing it.

If you feel you can't work under someone is it not acceptable to resign? Is the general consensus here that people be them police or trash men must work for whoever we tell them without having the choice to find employment elsewhere?

I am simply not going to assume why they left, but I do believe they had the right to leave and as long as they didn't make a public spectacle out of it I say their actions were acceptable.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Ya it is always about race......The chains they wear today are self imposed.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Quick question.... about something that has always puzzled me: why do they refer to themselves as "African" Americans?

I mean, it's not like they just got off the boat and became citizens, they have been there for generations, so you'd think they'd drop the African tag. Their culture and way of life is so far removed from inhabitants of the African continent that when you really look for any link, the only one remaining is skin colour..... just about.

In short, they're about as "African" as I am, and I am a pasty white Brit!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What's this African-American nationality?

You're either American or you're not.

There is no such thing as African-American nationality.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

An American citizen of relatively recent continental African biological ancestry ,often with some cultural and linguistic patterns of speech and shared history.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

An American citizen of relatively recent continental African biological ancestry ,often with some cultural and linguistic patterns of speech and shared history.

Dual nationality, just say so, not this fudge factor.

So she holds TWO or multiple citizenships (passports), fine, that brings into question her loyalty and conflict of interest.

Isn't that the problem with many politicians in congress etc., some hold ISRAEL citizenships and passports, we all know where their loyalty lays.

edit on 20-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So she holds TWO or multiple citizenships (passports), fine, that brings into question her loyalty and conflict of interest.

No, it's not a dual nationality issue, but one of identifying with a continent they have never been to, nor one that they can even be called representative of.
They may have some African genetic material in them, but that doesn't make them African, so it's just a pointless naming exercise dreamed up by those pushing the whole racial identity and division issues.
edit on 536Mon, 20 Apr 2015 06:52:03 -05005230600000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

No, it's not a dual nationality issue, but one of identifying with a continent they have never been to, nor one that they can even be call representative of.
They may have some African genetic material in them, but that doesn't make them African, so it's just a pointless naming exercise dreamed up by those pushing the whole racial identity and division issues.

Fine, she can be treated as "special" but not an American if she wants to go around branding special titles, that's probably one of the reasons America has such a race issue, they keep going around screaming "im black im black".

The first thing people do, scream "shes black shes black a black mayor". Why make an issue out of it? Just say shes the new mayor and get on with it.

What if the roles were reversed, the title read "first white mayor"... people would be raging mad.

Do that over here people will just burst out laughing in yer face. Me included.

edit on 20-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join