It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs killed over unpaid fines:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I work with animals and regularly come across wandering dogs that have escaped their fenced back yards. Some neighbors tell me to call animal control but I won't do it!! Instead, I take the animal with me and try to find the owner. If no tag, then I go to the nearest vet and have the dog scanned for a microchip. Most vets will hold the animal and try to help me find the owner.

This killing of animals or holding them for ransom is criminal!! I really feel for the owners.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
Wonder if it costs more to kill the dog than the average amount owed?

I'd have paid the money if I was asked. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. I'm vulnerable to kickstarters, fundmes, and social media campaigns like nothing else.

Yes, I would've found a way to get the money and pay the fine. Borrowed from family or friends, or even taken out a loan if I could qualify.

This should not be happening to these defenseless animals.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scoobyrob
a reply to: Biigs

because when times get though you don't kick out a member of your family, esp when times are though you rely on your family and are close to each other for comfort and support(yes a dog is a member of your family if you actually care enough for the animal).
It is not too expensive to properly keep an animal, how much for a bed, spay/neuter, daily food? not a whole pile to be honest. plus we don't know exactly her financial state, she could have had to pay bills and is just after running out of money and may not have more until the following week.
I am unemployed and I have no problem in keeping my dog, he sleeps in the same room as me, he always has food/water and gets his vet checks and vaccinations every year, he is also neutered and most of all he is a loved member of my family. I would not have that money to pay up in 7 days let alone 24 hours. its not all about how much money you have but how you manage it.
ps. I am not attacking you, its for anyone who might not understand why people have pets if they are not in the workforce.

a member of the family can get a job, a dog is a dog, if you cant afford to keep it you ask a friend/other family member to look after it for you for a bit?

I mean i know people love dogs some times more than people, but when its dinner time and you eat or the dog eats... sorry but 99% of people will feed themselves first because a human life is more important. tough.

KILLING the dog for an unpaid bill from the authority's is completely stupid, once again im not condoning this at all.
edit on b3232829 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
The same kind of corrupt systemic targeting of people in poor communities ex: Ferguson.
Wanna raise city and state revenues,legalize ganja or raise taxes stop fking with poor people.

First of all this is horrible, but raising taxes is not the answer, we pay enough taxes in this half backwards screwed up State.

Legalizing dope and dumbing down the herds even more than they already are is not an intelligent solution either.

This also has absolutely nothing to do with Ferguson by the way. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
Wonder if it costs more to kill the dog than the average amount owed?

I'd have paid the money if I was asked. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. I'm vulnerable to kickstarters, fundmes, and social media campaigns like nothing else.

When we had to have our huskey put down (he was over 15 years old) it cost us $130.00 and $35.00 for cremation.
What I don't understand is that the shelter was already out the boarding fees for keeping and feeding the dog and then decides to incur further expenses by euthanizing the dog without any chance of recovering any money. They didn't win anything and in fact simply killed this animal to punish the owner. Unfortunatly this owner probably doesn't have the cash to hire a lawyer and sue the shelter.
They do however have the means to set up a picket line and march in front of the shelter and make some noise that will be heard by the community.
Other dog owners should be advised to boycott the shelter if they ever need to board their dog although most people I guess use their vet for boarding a pet. I know as an animal lover that it wouldn't be hard to engage other pet owners. If the shelter doesn't get new owners for the dogs in their care they will loose even more money . Though they'd probably just destroy the dogs they have so they don't have to feed them.
Our huskey, beautiful sweet Nikita was notorious for bolting. Huskey are like that. We actually got him from a shelter. Our vet estimated his age as two when we first brought him to her. We had him for thirteen years. We even brought a new baby into the house after he joined our family and he became the babies protector always sitting between the baby and any guest in our home. He wasn't aggressive just watchful.

I still miss that big old fella. He departed this world with his head on my lap.

edit on 4202015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
disgusting. i would be making sure they understood how upset i was.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
$180 could have just been out of the price range for that person, they most likely had a job be for getting the dog and lost it after they had the dog.

I've found a lot of the shelter workers don't even like animals. The ones that do, don't work for a shelter very long as they soon find out that the shelters are not really there to help anyone or thing. This does not include all shelters but I figure you already know which ones I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

The same kind of corrupt systemic targeting of people in poor communities ex: Ferguson.
Wanna raise city and state revenues,legalize ganja or raise taxes stop fking with poor people.

First of all this is horrible, but raising taxes is not the answer, we pay enough taxes in this half backwards screwed up State.

Legalizing dope and dumbing down the herds even more than they already are is not an intelligent solution either.

This also has absolutely nothing to do with Ferguson by the way. ~$heopleNation

obviously many municipalities are strapped for cash so they have to turn to someone for the money by the hook or the crook and having poor people pay more through finds or seizures of property is a workable solution for some and yes Ferguson came into play here as that was all the shenanigans was about in the first place.
Colorado is so flushed with money they are thinking Tax rebate, people will smoke legal or not.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Soo people are lining up to offer to save unemployed peoples dogs but when they want to eat that's where you draw the line and say get a job?

Hmm

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The US used to be such a beautiful place to live, I just wanna know what happened? And when when did it happen?

This conduct of our government is no longer looking after its citizens, it's looking after itself and only leeching from its citizens. Take for instance the LAPD's, its motto is "to protect and to serve" perhaps should be changed to "to serve and protect themselves"
Because at the end of the day that's all they do.

It seems to me that our government will never be happy until none of us have any money left to live on.

The US is becoming like England back in the late 1600's early 1700's and we all know what happened then. If they keep up on squeezing then it seems history is destined to repeat itself.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Vanux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
People who don't work for a living are always getting pooped on by the system of fines, fees, and taxes. It's sad when I see it happen. I spend my days working instead of getting high, and there are certain rewards for that.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How is this surprising when the animal services are run by the police department?

Pay the fine or go to jail/ grave scumbag! (I'm being VERY sarcastic)

This is just reason #104456427 as to why government is unhealthy for sentient life.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vanux

The US used to be such a beautiful place to live, I just wanna know what happened? And when when did it happen?

This conduct of our government is no longer looking after its citizens, it's looking after itself. For instance, the LAPD's motto is "to protect and to serve" perhaps should be changed to "to serve and protect themselves"
Because at the end of the day that's all they do.

It seems to me that our government will never be happy until none of us have any money left to live on.

The US is becoming like England back in the late 1600's early 1700's and we all know what happened then. If they keep up on squeezing then it seems history is destined to repeat itself.

I think it would make more sense if the motto was "Obey and Survive".

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I find this hard to swallow. Whoever authorized this needs a stern word followed by a ''don't let the door hit you in the ass way out'.

But to be brutally honest sometimes owners are the problem-not the animals. If you want a pet think ahead and do what is right-there are so many effing idiots that should not be allowed to own a pet and they are the reason why so many animals are put down.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
People who don't work for a living are always getting pooped on by the system of fines, fees, and taxes. It's sad when I see it happen. I spend my days working instead of getting high, and there are certain rewards for that.

Who said poor people don't work?? matter a fact they are among the hardest of workers in the U.S they do jobs no one else wants at odd hrs and receive crappy pay, one of the interviewees on the link is a student working her way through college, some are elder folks on SS, your characterization of what poor people is all about is way off.
edit on 20-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

obviously many municipalities are strapped for cash so they have to turn to someone for the money by the hook or the crook and having poor people pay more through finds or seizures of property is a workable solution for some
Colorado is so flushed with money they are thinking Tax rebate, people will smoke legal or not.

Yeah the City of Stockton,CA where this occurred, filed for bankruptcy last year, but I agree that killing people's pets is evil and wrong. I disagree about this having any relation to Ferguson though, whatever doesn't matter.

Why give the already incompetent State governments more power and money to blow on nonsense is how I feel about it, and stupidity has become a plague as it is, stoned imbeciles will only add to the chaos.

And yeah you're correct, people will smoke anyway, it's everywhere yet still illegal. So there is no reason to have it in every store like alcohol already is. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
But to be brutally honest sometimes owners are the problem-not the animals. If you want a pet think ahead and do what is right-there are so many effing idiots that should not be allowed to own a pet and they are the reason why so many animals are put down.

I agree. I know a few of those idiots myself. Irresponsible dog owners should be heavily fined, or in certain cases sometimes even jailed. ~$heopleNation
edit on 20-4-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Meh, Marx was right... Karl, I mean... although Groucho was correct about some things, too.

This 'for profit' system doesn't just kill doggies, boys and girls... it's kills human beings every single day.

Freedom is more than buying and selling.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Who said poor people don't work?? matter a fact they are among the hardest of workers in the U.S

That's a pretty broad brush! Yes, there are poor people who work hard, 60-70hours\week to make a living.
There are also poor people who are lazy, irresponsible parasites. They don't work at all.

These people often own pets. They're too ignorant and lazy to care for the poor dog or cat. If the pet is sick, the owners don't get the pet the attention it needs. That's why some of the animal shelters won't let people adopt a pet unless the prospective owner proves responsibility. (Identification with proof of residence, proof of employment, etc)
In the past, the shelters would let anyone adopt a pet. If someone comes in looking like they just crawled out of a dumpster, obviously hasn't bathed in a week, and doesn't even have a valid I.D. , they're not going to be a responsible pet owner.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin

Who said poor people don't work?? matter a fact they are among the hardest of workers in the U.S they do jobs no one else wants at odd hrs and receive crappy pay, one of the interviewees on the link is a student working her way through college, some are elder folks on SS, your characterization of what poor people is all about is way off.

I didn't say anything about poor people per se. Poor people who work are not part of the group, "people who don't work for a living". You read something in to what I wrote that wasn't there. It's the zero-income folks who are hurt the most by things like this, because they're helpless. I didn't say I liked it. I've seen it, and it's painful to watch. I can say things like, "you've already had too much to drink", or "meth is really bad for you", but it doesn't really help.
edit on -05:00amMon, 20 Apr 2015 11:58:08 -05003011584 by Parthin because: duplicate word

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join