It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stella Artois "Buy A Lady A Drink" Campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So Stella Artois is trying to help out by funding fresh drinking water through their work with water.org...sounds like a great idea right? Well, apparently it is only for women. Apparently men don't need fresh drinking water. Maybe there is a great reason men don't need fresh water, but they could at least explain this so they don't look like they think 50% of the population doesn't matter.

Does anyone else know why men don't need fresh water or why only women are receiving help? I *hope* there is a good explanation for this other than sexism. Maybe this brand is a drink just for women? I don't know.

www.buyaladyadrink.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Does anyone else know why men don't need fresh water...

To quote the great Mr. Franklin:

'In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.'

I'll stick to beer and wine.

And Bourbon.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It just says 1 chalice will provide one person with water?

Where does it say women only?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Please allow me to shed some light on the subject.

Women are made from light and wisdom and unicorns and rainbows and flowers and sunshine and happiness and greatness and wisdom and nobility.

Men make fart jokes.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's in the first few sentences.

This crisis disproportionately affects women, who walk a combined 200 million hours a day to collect water for their families.

If it's typically a woman's chore, then it makes sense.

Seems like it benefits everyone, husbands and children and the women.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They named the campaign this way because in these 3rd world countries, it is the woman's responsibility to travel to where ever the water is and carry it back to their families. The men don't do this - the women do it. The point of the campaign is, bring the water to the women so they don't have to work so hard to get the water. The water isn't just for the women to drink.

Feel stupid for starting this thread now?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thank you for actually reading the site.

So how do single men do things for themselves in countries like this, where it's typically women collect water, collect firewood, etc. Anybody have direct knowledge, not speculation?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

The only speculation is that only women get the water.

No where does it say that.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I think the men traditionally hunt and protect the homestead and watch over the kids and teach them in these communities. No official source link for this offhand, just years of personal learning about traditional tribal customs.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda
a reply to: Domo1
So how do single men do things for themselves in countries like this, where it's typically women collect water, collect firewood, etc. Anybody have direct knowledge, not speculation?

Women are two times more likely to be responsible for water (generally) but men do have to do it too. There are some studies on it.

It varies by geography. Especially in places like India where some parts of the country have vastly better water flows than others.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

This according to UNICEF:

The burden of fetching drinking water from outdoor sources falls disproportionately on girls and women. Surveys from 45 developing countries show that in almost two-thirds of households without a drinking water source on the premises, it is women and girls who collect water. In the 12 percent of households where children collect water, girls are twice as likely as boys to be responsible.

www.unicef.org...

Main point is, the water from the campaign effort is not just for women to drink.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I support the Buy A Guy A Beer campaign! In first world countries guys generally bear the brunt of everything, so the rest of the world should chip in and buy them all a case of beer!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Pinke

This according to UNICEF:

The burden of fetching drinking water from outdoor sources falls disproportionately on girls and women. Surveys from 45 developing countries show that in almost two-thirds of households without a drinking water source on the premises, it is women and girls who collect water. In the 12 percent of households where children collect water, girls are twice as likely as boys to be responsible.

www.unicef.org...

Main point is, the water from the campaign effort is not just for women to drink.

Do you ever switch off? Haha

I wasn't saying anything about the campaign - was answering a question. And yus twice as likely ends up being about two thirds.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Feel stupid for starting this thread now?

Why would I? I had a legitimate question.

It still sounds sexist to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think what this is, is a minor solution to traditional gender roles in 3rd world nations. women are the water fetchers and cookers in 3rd world nations where there is no faucets. This is to bring running water to those remote areas.

As far as them using the whole buy a women a drink thing, well, womens rights stuff is pop culture at the moment, especially amongst the "privileged" in society..so a smart marketing campaign will let internet activists feel they are helping the cause by buying something to drink out of for a bit more than normal, can wear the proud feminist badge while finally for once doing something that actually does matter to helping women...so, I kinda support it.

As far as people getting tweaked out about how it is all about the women..well, this isn't the west we are talking about, this is for parts of the world that really do still have these very strict traditional subjugated roles, and they aren't trying to change all that..just make things a bit easier for them overall.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think you cant help everyone. Different groups support different causes. One could easily argue its not fair only to help humans that we should be supplying water to animals aswell.

I am totally against descrimination but I am not against doing good. Life is not fair. In this case men are not better or worse off by this program (but probably better) where as the women are better off which is a net positive outcome.

In other words they are doing more good then harm.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Poor poor men, we have it so tough all throughout history, in politics in business on the sports field in the professions. We can't even lactate. We are basically second class citizens left to fend for ourselves and buy our own beer in a world run by feminazis hellbent on our destruction. I don't get deliveries of water from third world women, yet they think I should help them. Never.
edit on 20-4-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I cannot BELIEVE you wrote this rant without checking into it! Did you watch the videos? They're only a couple minutes long! What a stupid thread!
edit on 4/20/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What an absolutely stupid thread/rant.... typical though really.
Someone who sees "PC Nonsense" and "Positive Discrimination" where there is none....

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The only speculation is that only women get the water.

No where does it say that.

If you're saying that those are my words, please read again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join