It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hello everybody. I would like your opinions/suggestions about my little project here. I came up with the idea at my old apartment and after deciding to move closer to work, never got around to creating it.

The goal is to use a light source and focus the beam into a mirror that will reflect it through a prism, creating a vertical rainbow of light.

I will be sitting on the floor in the middle of the room and want each wavelength off light to strike me while matching the color and region of the associated chakra.

The design itself is pretty simple and I'd like to keep it that way. I plan on creating this in a small second bedroom closet that isn't getting much usage. It's almost perfectly square so I chose to create two designs.

The first design is the one I'm probably going to go with, but I'd like to test both. It offers a greater sense of isolation, as the mechanism for creating the rainbows are all suspended above your head. This gives the illusion that there is nothing else in the room with you.

The second design was to see if there was any significance to sitting inside a pyramid structure during meditation. To be honest, I tend to walk my own spiritual path and this project is more like having fun with possible unexpected results.

Regardless if anything is achieved, the space will result in a nice quiet room to read or relax in. Things may happen within this room that would increase the experience, if you know what I mean. I like to meditate for brief periods in all sorts of locations to achieve rest or calm.

I'm not going to answer any rude comments or ramblings about how spirituality is this or that. This is a personal attempt at satisfying a few curiosities about the subject of meditation and the spirit in a broad sense.

When it comes to the design, I have a few questions...

What would make a good light source?

Could a white laser work?

What is the easiest way to sound proof the room?

Are flat mirrors good enough for reflecting the light into a prism?

Should I use metal or plastic tubes/rods to construct the pyramid?

What would best best way to mount the prisms to the mirrors?

Is there a paint that can block EMF waves after it dries?

If not, what material can I buy to completely isolate the room from radiation?

Aluminum foil, lol?

I have a few ideas brewing in my head, but hoped I would get some better advice on ATS. Have you ever created anything similar or developed interesting ways to experiment spiritually? Go wild with your suggestions, but the only rule is that you can't see anything in the room with you.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

edit on 19-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Howdy!

Well, this is light years beyond anything I would think to do, but I want to commend you on your idea and your gusto for achieving it. I think it's a wonderful idea. I would say this is essentially a win-win in as much as it might not have all the intended effects that you hoped, but (as you said) if nothing else you've got a very nice, peaceful meditation room with some cool visual effects.

I am a musician, so I can add a bit about your need for sound proofing. There's two ways I would suggest. One, if you have money to spend, you can buy professional damping pads that will be placed strategically on your walls. Problem is these are actually rather expensive. If you'd rather go DIY and save some money, any type of foam can achieve this, and I would probably recommend the eggshell foam covers that people put on top of their beds. Also, pop into any respected music store and ask for the studio professional and you can garner some free advice on placement (if you're going to buy foam from them they'll help you happily, otherwise just ask nicely and with genuine interest and you'll probably receive good help all the same).

Best of luck, and peace...

The Electric Priest

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Hey, thanks for your suggestions.

I'm not certain what will come from this little project, but I think if anything is going to happen, it would be wise to block out all external stimulus and radiation. I want to turn this place into a "dead zone".

How about Dynamat for the home?

And I also found this...

EMF RF Shielding & Conductive Paints

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Aluminum foil, lol?

It's like you read my mind....

I was answering each question with tinfoil until I got to the bottom...lol

But don't have any helpful suggestions other than you could use egg cartons for sound proofing your walls, and when you figure it all out and put it together,
we need pictures!
because it actually sounds like a very cool idea.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Thanks a lot.

I threw the foil out the window when I found this magical paint that blocks EMF. It would make a great primer for any paranoid homeowner, lol.

The question is, how much is this little adventure going to cost me?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Very cool project. I thought that to mount the mirrors scotch outdoor two sided mounting tape may be helpful. I use it often for all sorts of things. It's very strong and sticky. It claims to hold 5 pounds. Also you could double up the tape in spots to tune in the angles of the mirrors. Hey who knows what could happen if the wrong color hit the wrong chakra.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't know about white lasers, but I know prisms in regular sunlight to wonders for casting spectral visions. I've always wanted to try something like this out, and I love your design idea. I hope it's ok if I stay on-board thread just to see if any of our other contributors can verify whether or not this is possible with synthetic light. I've only got one window in my room and being able to self generate artificial light to this extent would be awesome!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone ccompleted one yet? a reply to: eisegesis

new topics

top topics

join