It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Confront Soldiers During War, Says Ex-Air Force Intelligence Officer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That is an interesting comparison. I like the idea of considering these "Anomalous Experiences" as there is no real dividing line between various types of experiences like this. It doesn't make them any less real I don't think.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I tend not to believe 'ghosts" are spirits of the dead. There has not been any dinosaur ghosts I've ever heard about. But perhaps our minds are temporarily tuned into something that we really don't have any conception of and cannot understand. So we fill in the blanks when faced with it.

In some cases experiences are similar and what one person considers an alien walking through their walls to abduct them as they sleep another may interpret as a ghost.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

What I mean is that an experience is an experience "real" OR "imaginary", for lack of better words. But then it does get very fuzzy. I'm not a proponent of talking to the dead either but when we experience something, we experience something and it is really hard, actually impossible, to know what someone else experienced. I tend to believe these things happen inside of peoples skulls but I couldn't tell you that for sure. I am making any sense?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: JadeStar

I for one don't think you are a disinformation agent. I just think you have a narrow mind and a lot of personal ambition. You want to be the Jodie Foster who not only makes 'Contact', but who puts the lie to the crazy ufo cults and mainstream religions at the same time. One swift stroke.

You're not far off in your assesment of me, though I wouldn't say I have a narrow mind. I just don't let a lot of junk in (which a lot of people unfortunately do.)

Maybe I'm way, way off. After all, I don't know you. But if I wasn't, it's not likely you would admit it. Human nature and all.

👣

I am not your typical human, I will agree freely that you pretty much have figured me out.
edit on 20-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
a reply to: pteridine

I expect that if things come to a head, a disc will slowly circle DC in broad daylight and hover over the Whitehouse.

I expect you're right, but you're a little late.

A fleet of flying saucers hovered over the whitehouse for two entire weekends in July, 1952.

Where are the photos of this?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hmm. I respect your honesty. Here is a small token of my respect.

👣

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude

Foo fighters were seen sometimes by ENTIRE CREWS..Are you trying to say that the reason these men saw these objects were due to mass hallucination caused by drugs?Really?

Career U.S. Air Force pilot Duane Adams often related that he had witnessed two occurrences of a bright light which paced his aircraft for about half an hour and then rapidly ascended into the sky. Both incidents occurred at night, both over the South Pacific, and both were witnessed by the entire aircraft crew. The first sighting occurred shortly after the end of World War II while Adams piloted a B-25 bomber. The second sighting occurred in the early 1960s when Adams was piloting a KC-135 tanker

War is stressful, people have to be constantly on guard 24/7 which the mind is not really cut out for (it needs a rest). So the chance of misidentification of astronomical or atmospheric phenomena in this heightened state of alert/fatigue goes up.

This was most recently illustrated back in 1999 during the India-Pakistan skirmish over Kashmir called the Kargil War when an Indian anti-aircraft unit opened fire on Venus thinking it was a low flying aircraft avoiding radar, on the horizon.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hmm. I respect your honesty. Here is a small token of my respect.

👣

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Just imagine what a UFO at a pivotal moment would have done to the shape of the story flow in Contact. It would have shredded it to bits. The Jodie Foster in you resists the UFO phenomenon, because she wants that story preserved. For you.

I think you have a strong mind, but you have blind spots that your ambition is keeping you from seeing. Now, I'm not saying that it's too late, ET is already here, so hang up your ambitions. I'm saying that even if your ideal scenario comes to pass, it won't make a bit of difference, because UFOs qua UFOs are parapsychological in origin, as is religion, and even your ideal scenario can't invalidate our psychic nature or the living myths we create via our nature as co-creators of reality.

Not only that, but psi is a feature of consciousness. So any aliens out there are psychic too. So contact will probably happen, or is happening, or did happen, via psychic projection not technology. For an advanced species, technology is superfluous, because psi is much more efficient.

👣

edit on 929MondayuAmerica/ChicagoApruMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Just imagine what a UFO at a pivotal moment would have done to the shape of the story flow in Contact. It would have shredded it to bits. The Jodie Foster in you resists the UFO phenomenon, because she wants that story preserved. For you.

Actually, a UFO in the story Contact would have probably ruined it if it just stayed a UFO.

What would have been exciting for Jodie Foster's character and myself is if that UFO actually didn't stay a UFO for long and out popped the aliens with some of the answers to the questions the ending raised.

I think you have a strong mind, but you have blind spots that your ambition is keeping you from seeing. Now, I'm not saying that it's too late, ET is already here, so hang up your ambitions. I'm saying that even if your ideal scenario comes to pass, it won't make a bit of difference, because UFOs qua UFOs are parapsychological in origin, as is religion, and even your ideal scenario can't invalidate our psychic nature or the living myths we create via our nature.

I, and most involved in the science of searching for what may be out there would LOVE just ONE UFO report to end that way, with a conclusive set of testable evidence which would prove beyond all doubt we've been visited.

But this has not happened yet. Not with some anomalous lights in the sky. Not with some town saying they saw something as big as a football field (but with no photos to back it up), nor with some nearly senile "eyewitnesses" to a supposed crash of a UFO with little grey men from Zeta Reticuli 50 years ago getting up at a podium at the National Press Club at a "Disclosure Event" staged by Steven Greer, nor a horror fiction author writing about his alien anal probe, but with a real, bonafide extraterrestrial species saying: "Here we are, here's some information you don't already know about your galactic neighborhood so you can verify we are who we say we are. Your scientists can confirm what we say is true if you look at this position, at this wavelength..." etc.

It doesn't have to be a landing on the White House lawn or even as Neil DeGrasse Tyson put it, an alien ashtray. I'd settle just for some information we couldn't possibly know at the moment but which we could verify with present or near future technology.

That's all I need to say, "yup, the aliens are here."

All I want is better evidence than what typically gets offered up at UFO conventions and it is the right of every sane, logical person to demand better evidence of those who allege we've been visited otherwise it's a huge waste of time and more than likely just nonsense for your "entertainment".

Not only that, but psi is a feature of consciousness. So any aliens out there are psychic too.

👣

smh...consciousness is the result of chemical reactions in the brain. there's nothing "psi" about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Does the name Wernher Van Braun ring a bell?

At the height of WW2, there were reports of foo fighters after Braun developed the V2, and after he was poached by the US, there were reports of UFO's. coincidence?

Those pilots in 'nam didn't know of OXCART or the USAF's equivalent model, just like the SS had no knowledge of the V2 or like the Iraqis had no knowledge of the Nighthawk. I believe that most of these UFO's were just advanced aircraft, and I can also understand why soldiers or pilots would be spooked-they were kept in the dark for a reason.

Yes, most likely just coincidence. You have to remember that flying saucers were widely seen as early as the 1920s here in the US, and further back to the mystery airships of the 1880s. But certainly to the 1920s. In fact some of the best photo evidence for flying saucers comes from the 1920s, because it was easier to determine the veracity of a photograph.

Sure, some of these vehicles seen today are quite possibly, or probably, reverse engineered, but the further back you go, it becomes clear that this technology is alien in origin.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

At the height of WW2, there were reports of foo fighters after Braun developed the V2, and after he was poached by the US, there were reports of UFO's. coincidence?

Those pilots in 'nam didn't know of OXCART or the USAF's equivalent model, just like the SS had no knowledge of the V2 or like the Iraqis had no knowledge of the Nighthawk. I believe that most of these UFO's were just advanced aircraft, and I can also understand why soldiers or pilots would be spooked-they were kept in the dark for a reason.

Yes, most likely just coincidence. You have to remember that flying saucers were widely seen as early as the 1920s here in the US

In fact some of the best photo evidence for flying saucers comes from the 1920s, because it was easier to determine the veracity of a photograph.

Your source for this?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh how I wish I could have you over for dinner and watching Contact. I could explain my viewpoint scene by scene. I love that movie. Plus, my wife is an excellent cook.

I could explain how she is more of a shaman than scientist, and how the movie, despite any intentions Carl may have had, is a mystical metaphor if anything.

And let's face it, most involved in the science of searching are not in a position to consider the possibility of psychic contact. Neither are you. Not only because psi is taboo in science, but because of your ambitions and your identification with Dr. Eleanor "Ellie" Arroway.

I don't oppose your desire for better evidence. I oppose the box your thinking is trapped in. If you were to put your ambition aside long enough to step outside the dominant paradigm and survey the parapsychological literature dispassionately, and then connect the dots between that and comparative religion (which scientists just don't do) you would see that the box you are thinking in is much too small. Step outside the box, the taboo.

I think this textbook would be a good place for you to start. But I realize the odds you will read it are infinitesimal.

www.amazon.com...

👣

edit on 955Monday000000America/ChicagoApr000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Just to let you in on the joke, Scdfa has been relentlessly correcting the spelling mistakes of people he disagrees with while ignoring the mistakes made by people he does agree with. So if I made the same mistake you did, he wouldn't let me get away with it at all. He even mentioned one mistake in one post several times for at least a weak. So I agree, its complately obnoxious.

Actually, this isn't the least bit true, I don't think I've ever corrected zeta on a spelling error.

I have, on occasion, mentioned when I couldn't understand his point because he chose the wrong word. A trivial matter, yes, but it was difficult to understand. I have come to understand that when I talk with zeta, it comes with the territory, and I have learned to figure out what he meant to say.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Oh how I wish I could have you over for dinner and watching Contact. I could explain my viewpoint scene by scene. I love that movie. Plus, my wife is an excellent cook.

I'd like that.
Clearly you and I have an affinity for that movie. As I said, I saw it when I was was 7 years old (it came out when I was just 2) and it made a huge impression on me.

I could explain how she is more of a shaman than scientist, and how the movie, despite any intentions Carl may have had, is a mystical metaphor if anything.

Carl Sagan would probably somewhat agree that science and shamanism share many similar things. ie: a rite of passage, a seeking to understand the world/universe and our place in it but he'd also illustrate why the scientific method is better at acting in a self-regulating way so that we don't fool ourselves.

And let's face it, most involved in the science of searching are not in a position to consider the possibility of psychic contact. Neither are you. Not only because psi is taboo in science, but because of your ambitions and your identification with Dr. Eleanor "Ellie" Arroway.

I don't oppose your desire for better evidence. I oppose the box your thinking is trapped in. If you were to put your ambition aside long enough to step outside the dominant paradigm and survey the parapsychological literature dispassionately, and then connect the dots between that and comparative religion (which scientists just don't do) you would see that the box you are thinking in is much too small. Step outside the box, the taboo.

The only box I have is one called reality.

Something real like physical aliens travelling in physical craft, have something to do with our physical universe. It therefore, is not presumptuous to ask for physical or other really good evidence from those who would have us believe the Earth is being visited.

As far as ambition, even if I were not studying to be an astrobiologist I would still demand better evidence because um, it would be better to have something conclusive rather than just stories, fuzzy photos, hoaxes and inclusive "grey area" stuff.

I think this textbook would be a good place for you to start. But I realize the odds you will read it are infinitesimal.

www.amazon.com...

I think if I were either a) studying to be a psychologist or b) tasked with a problem involving cognitive neurology with relations to an intelligent alien species we discovered existed I'd be more inclined to read it, yes.

👣

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Yes, most likely just coincidence. You have to remember that flying saucers were widely seen as early as the 1920s here in the US

In fact some of the best photo evidence for flying saucers comes from the 1920s, because it was easier to determine the veracity of a photograph.

Your source for this?

My source? What do you want jade, a website?

Do you have a problem with the authenticity of flying disc photographs from the 1920s?

Or do you just have a problem with the reality of alien contact? I mean, it's clear you go to elaborate lengths to deny any evidence that advances that conclusion.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

I'd like that.
Clearly you and I have an affinity for that movie. As I said, I saw it when I was was 7 years old (it came out when I was just 2) and it made a huge impression on me.

I know the feeling. I was 7 when my dad took me to see Star Wars IV. Now here I am, an adult with dozens of veridical psychic experiences under his belt, and an expert in the field of comparative religion, which, through the work of Joseph Campbell, inspired Lucas. I'm as close to a real life Jedi as you are ever likely to talk to. And you, in turn, are about as close to a real life Ellie as I am ever likely to talk to. Needless to say, I'm honored to exchange words with you.

I don't expect to change your mind about anything. The best I could hope to do for you is draw your attention to an undiscovered country that you might want to explore someday. If you do, remember that book. And these.

www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...

👣

edit on 978MondayuAmerica/ChicagoApruMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa
God dangit! My bull$hit meter just exploded!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: Aquariusdude

Great post

I have this through about UFO´s

Time machine

"they" are us from a future millions of years in the future
Think of what tech we have in a million years.
A MILLION years. Observing historic events

An interesting notion, put forth many times over the decades. There does indeed seem to be an element of time manipulation to these beings.

However, the major races of aliens are described as not being mammals, apart from the Nordic races. And if they are us from the future, everybody is white. And blonde. And beautiful.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: AlexDJ

Have UFO's been on many wars tru the ages be part of it? ....Yes, from the bible and before to our days there have been many reports about it, should all reports be considered fake, delusional or drug induced? No, some speaks the truth about it. ............

Considering you claim to be a writer in your signature I have real trouble reading what you've put. Perhaps you would consider re-writing it all in a more comprehensible way before the edit time runs out?

Thanks Mirageman, I wasn't going to say anything myself, but he's certainly hard to understand.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join