It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon is an Illusion? Deconstruct this Disinformation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was watching a video last night that I just thought I had to share. I think some people are so carried away into conspiracy theories that everything must go against what we know. Sure, there are some things that we are lied about and some things academia covers up. And yes, the government does the same thing, but sometimes you just have to step back and take a look at both sides.

The presenter proposes that the moon is an illusion, and yet in another video he talks about canals on Mars and even says he looked at the crates on the moon through his telescope. Which is it, the moon is an illusion created by the secret powers or is it real enough to see the craters?

Certainly we could say that before man went to space that people didn't really know much about the moon. But since the advent of telescopes we know moon features.

I am proposing that this presenter is doing the same thing he accuses others of doing, and that is getting listeners comfortable before suggesting to them a false idea.

OK, it is up to you whether or not you want to think the moon is real or not, but let's think about the effects of the moon. It cannot be an illusion if it controls tides and promotes the better growth of some plants. And it can't be an illusion if people turn whacky when the moon is full. Sorry, that has been observed for a very long time. Policemen and health care workers have endless stories of people doing crazy things when the moon is full.

This is a prime example of going too far into conspiracy madness. The moon is real, it was not created to be an illusion by the powers that be.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah sure, the tidal effects of the moon are an illusion......lol

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Well there are many ways to prove it isn't an illusion.

I have read several articles just like your linked video.

The most important is the most obvious.

If the moon is an illusion, how do we have a eclipse when it crosses the sun?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good grief, whoever put that video together needs some serious professional help.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Good grief, whoever put that video together needs some serious professional help.

I agree.

But how many people say "false flag" about everything? Those are the same people who would watch this stuff and believe it.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Crrow the conman was asked, by a fellow astronomer, to perform simultaneous viewing of the moon with him...
Crrow refused, because he know's his material is BS.
The guy even offered Crrow free telescope time without limit, again he refused.

Because he's a charlatan.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Videos like that are created for one purpose, to create confusion!
Nobody knows what to believe anymore, for every theory there's an opposing theory, for every truth there's an opposing lie, some will believe one theory and others will believe another.

Nobody knows whats real anymore, and everything is going to plan!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Crrow the conman was asked, by a fellow astronomer, to perform simultaneous viewing of the moon with him...
Crrow refused, because he know's his material is BS.
The guy even offered Crrow free telescope time without limit, again he refused.

Because he's a charlatan.

When I came across it, I thought I would just go ahead and hear what the guy says. After rolling my eyes a few times, I clicked on his other videos. I heard him talk about the Mars mission, after he said we can't escape low earth orbit. Well, how did the space capsule get to Mars?

I figured out he was a charlatan in the first few minutes. But people would believe him and that is what is sad.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Plenty of people know what's real (if we're talking about nonsense like the moon not existing.)

The reason videos like this get made is because for zero investment people who otherwise have nothing going for them can draw attention to themselves and feel significant.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this to the board .First I have to say that in science ,correlation does not mean causation .There are many links to co2 in the climate debate that in no way proves that it causes the earth to warm .They would give a higher ranking to the co2 molecule then the sun for heat but that is blatantly false . The cycles weather tides or human behavior may be a cause of something else that coincides with the moon cycles .

There may be something else that is causing these things and so the relation they all would have is in that thing we have not yet discovered or brought into account for .I need to go look at his channel and watch and see what he is talking about but wanted to give my 2 cents and thank you for bringing it up ....peace

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

a reply to: DelMarvel
Plenty of people know what's real

or so they think ...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What a bunch of tripe. I gave the video its chance to explain to me why the moon is an illusion. 6 minutes go by, 10, then I got restless and skimmed through it. He just talks with no evidence. Just on and on about stuff with no substance instead referring back to his website or whatever. IF you're going to make a 20 minute video about why the moon is an illusion, you get right to it. Blah blah, name dropping , etc , snore, yawn. He even says he's getting right to the "brass tax" then continues yammering on. The first red flag was his disclaimer to the parents of kids who happen to believe this garbage. It''s his guilty conscious is what it is because he knows it's bull and doesn't want the responsibility of making little kids believe this crap.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I'm not even going to watch the video. This is another example of idiots that make conspiracy theorist look bad. Ridiculous claims Like this are the type opposition holds up to label us wack jobs. And as threads like these progress other fantasy inspired people agree, which leads to confirmation of the labeling.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The cycles weather tides or human behavior may be a cause of something else that coincides with the moon cycles . There may be something else that is causing these things and so the relation they all would have is in that thing we have not yet discovered or brought into account for

I see what you're saying!!!!

It must mean the position of the moon in correlation with the tides for thousands of years is just a big happy coincidence?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Deconstruct this Disinformation

Gladly, but we are going to be here a while.

Or not. Probaly not.

It's the most important story to mankind because it's been coming up since longer than Jesus.

It's the silliest damn thing I have ever heard because in this case the story has veered so far from its roots in Western Philosophy that it just sounds bat-#-crazy.

A glimpse at the documents by "Hatybow" looks as though someone has tried to lend scientific credence to Theosophy, but big surprise, right? Blavatsky being Russian and all.

The "tube" thing and the stuff concerning the sun sounds like an abstraction of what the Sufis believed, those guys had Plato many years before we did and that information reflects their interpretation of the problem of the Moon and the Sun and finding one's way home.

Anyhow, it's easily the most intensley confused version of this old story that I have ever heard, yet the story remains simultaneously the most important and most stupid ever told by Man.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

What a bunch of tripe. I gave the video its chance to explain to me why the moon is an illusion. 6 minutes go by, 10, then I got restless and skimmed through it. He just talks with no evidence. Just on and on about stuff with no substance instead referring back to his website or whatever. IF you're going to make a 20 minute video about why the moon is an illusion, you get right to it. Blah blah, name dropping , etc , snore, yawn. He even says he's getting right to the "brass tax" then continues yammering on. The first red flag was his disclaimer to the parents of kids who happen to believe this garbage. It''s his guilty conscious is what it is because he knows it's bull and doesn't want the responsibility of making little kids believe this crap.

I kept waiting also for his "evidence" and then the claims of "I know someone who told me and that person is anonymous" got so annoying.

I did notice that in one video of the moon, a bat flew in front of the camera. He didn't mention that one.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Videos like that are created for one purpose, to create confusion!
Nobody knows what to believe anymore, for every theory there's an opposing theory, for every truth there's an opposing lie, some will believe one theory and others will believe another.

Are you implying that Crrow is an agent of TPTB?

I don't think he is suave enough for that.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If your going to point out him calling the moon an illusion, atleast list his video that shows why he thinks that. And not one of his random videos about nothing.

Oh and btw, he's not the only person to film these 'lunar waves' either. So i would refrain from calling him "crazy".
edit on 19-4-2015 by Blackhawk0044 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackhawk0044
If your going to point out him calling the moon an illusion, atleast list his video that shows why he thinks that. And not one of his random videos about nothing.

Oh and btw, he's not the only person to film these 'lunar waves' either. So i would refrain from calling him "crazy".

I'm sorry, but that is in HIS title. I didn't make that up.

Yes, he is crazy.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i tried. getting to the point seems to be difficult for the narrator. so much so, he didn't.

or i missed that bit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join